RAWK goes into Meltdown 20/21 Edition

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Amazing how quickly they're back in top form on there. In terms of bitterness and saltiness, I mean. I can practically taste it reading those posts. It's delicious, by the way.
This is what happens when, instead of just enjoying the period of success, they have to make it something bigger. They didn't just win the league, it was the greatest win ever by the best team ever. They also want to believe it's them back on top with a model for sustained success. If they had kept investing at the level they did after the Coutinho sale, then it might have been.

Problem is, that level of spending was only because they sold a player for a ridiculous amount.

When you convince yourself of the above 'truths' and things go wrong, the fall is always so much worse.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Before our game
Southampton have lost 3 league games on the bounce since winning against us, but haven't played too badly. They really should have won against United at St Mary's but collapsed awfully back then. Think they are due a result after an iffy spell of form.
Reckon Southampton could beat Manchester United - due a win after a mini poor run.
Burnley are getting nothing.
United could drop points and I think Chelsea will beat Spurs.
I fear for Southampton tonight, cos now ‘Ole’ has got the refs back :) onside
Wolves are the new Utd - Penalty was given after the 2 mins added time had expired, and basically no contact between players, yet penalty AND red card?
Solskjaer looks like he smells
Love hassenhuttel to have a cry tonight
Doubt he idolize Solskjaer.
Can see Utd getting a helping hand tonight after the Goblin made up a story about the officials admitting they were wrong in their game against Sheff Utd.
Of course they have Southampton at home right as the saints are in the middle of an injury crisis. I fully expect Danny Ings to go off with something early on as well.
Do these c*nts never get injuries? Every team against them always seem to be littered with injuries.
Such spawny feckers and they still won't win the league
Brandon Williams is still out injured you ignorant prick
I’m expecting Ralph Hasenhüttl to start wearing some glasses next season, so he can get the Kloppo look down

No Idea For Nickname

Game started, red card
Cant argue with that really, silly twat, game over.
thats a dreadful challenge. Idiot.
Well done Saints, you lasted 90 seconds.
fecking stupid challenge. Can't complain about that red, unfortunately.
Ouch. Young man lost his head completely there. Terrible cf challenge. Should be an easy win now for united
What a dumb shit. Gifting United the points. feck off.
It's a red card all day long. Absolute fecking idiot.
Their luck never ends.
You have to say though if McTominay does that would he get a red?
Shocking challenge though
Stupid twat, it was supposed to be on Fernandes
For real. Why coudn't he have pulled a Richarlison at lest? So dumb...
What a complete and utter fecking dickhead.
His team mates have got to run round lick pricks for 90 mins now becoz of him.
At least do it on a good player.
Have they not awarded United a pen for that? Surely close enough to the box.
Stupid tit should be demoted down to the reserves until the end of the season
Terrible tackle but so was the one by Fernandes on Saturday
Wow. Shady as feck already from the 'officials'
It's a red card. What's shady about that?
Fernandes not being sent off for a far worse challenge the other day
:eek: next one posted 6 minutes into a game
9-0 incoming
Didn’t Messi get sent off a minute or so into his Argentina debut? This kid is going places. Who even was it?
Anyone got any decent telly recommendations?
I'm watching Night Stalker on Netflix. Less likely to give me nightmares than Bruno Fernandes' face.
Ings playing fullback isn’t good. Best that we can hope for is 0-0.
no chance it ends 0-0
This is the thing: Pickford's tackle on VVD was far worse.
The was "offside" though, how easily you forget!
Walcott's tackle on Milner was probably just as worse.
I mean if you’re going to get sent off for something like that at least make it count, don’t just graze someone thigh. And don’t waste on Scott fecking McTominay, actually foul someone decent.
Honestly, what are they teaching kids today?

No Idea For Nickname

Goalfest starts
You know you're shit when Wan-Bissaka scores against you. He still nearly managed to miss from 5 yards out, goes in off the post.
Well that’s that. Game over when the red card occurred.......stupid and costly.
Dunno why Dean doesn't just run up and bang one in himself for United
Might as well the way he's started this game
A red card after 2 minutes in what should have been a test for United.
Can’t account for players doing stupid stuff like that. More luck.
And United is gifted a way out of their bad run and will now probably smash them to get their confidence back up. Unbelievable
That's a definite yellow for Cavani, as clear as they get. Didn't even look at the ball.
This'll be a thrashing for Southampton.
It’s all gone downhill for Hassenhuttl after that nice cry he had
To be fair, United are moving the ball very well.
BT commentary on the Utd game is sickening. You'd think they're playing 12 men.
Why are any of you feckers the watching this now?
I did switch over to the Palace game but then I heard McManaman on commentary, so now I'm just trying to weigh up what kind of masochism I'd prefer this evening.
8 nil coming up
Repeat of last season’s Leicester score coming up for Southampton
That's the GD advantage we could possibly have over them at some point being nicely eroded away.
This is garbage from Southampton stop the fkn wide balls for fecks sake

This isn’t peak barcelona your playing that will weed through the middle
That was the reason why i stopped watching at 2-0. Shaw could make a cup of tea and light up a feg before putting a cross in out wide. That's how much time and space he has. Southampton downed tools as soon as the red was shown.
Put in the performance of their season vs us, then shit it down their leg inside two mins vs the rags. Could be the highest scorers in the league after this match thanks to that dick head.
United best be saving some goals for Everton here and not doing what we did after Palace.
Honestly lads. Switch off and do something else and avoid the inevitable Utd wankfest that's going to be incoming.
Robbie savage wants penalties for challenges made outside the box if any party of your body is inside the box now
Would be nice to see these cnuts have to genuinely earn some victories for a change...never known a side to be gifted so many points and games in a single season - through a combination of roll-over opposition, Salford friendly officials and just plain old feckin spawn...
At least there's some insurance with City for the title. You can't rule them out with the luck they get.
Some of you lot never learn...
Going from laughing at them the whole week to tarmacing the bed again.
Lads, it's United with Ole at the wheel.
We will finish above them.
Jesus Christ you lot are tedious. Rinse and repeat the same nonsense every time the Red Mancs are winning.
Pathetic isn't it. They will do well to finish top 4.
That's a joke looking at that unless they are saying that the attackers hand is offside?!
Since when can you score with a hand?
What an absolute joke?
Red card. Debatable. Seen worse. First challenge of the match. McTominey has done worse over the last few seasons and usually doesn't get booked.
Penalty awarded by a Dean desperate to award it (Then a show of petulance from Dean when overruled by VAR books someone in the wall for no reason)
Then an obvious onside goal ruled offside when it was clearly on.
The red card was debatable? Even for you Andy that is quite something
No you misunderstand mate.
Red card all day. IF similar challenges by McTominey and others were all red cards (As they should be) - but they aren't.
Been loads where it looks a straight red and half the time wasn't even a yellow. The tackle on Milner the other day - not even a booking - Fernandes with a deliberate attempt to injure someone, McTominey and pretty much every tackle he's ever done..
Che Adams was not offside there. Fred’s knee was playing him on. Absolute farce VAR.
I wonder what would happen if the manager just said "You cheating bastards are taking the piss, feck this" and then got their entire team to just walk off.
I'd imagine it would put the cat among the pigeons.
Been as shady as feck this game from the second it kicked off. The funniest thing is the decisions and they are four nil up.
Ah dammit Southampton have scored 4-1...there goes the 9 or 10 nil the BBC website was suggesting and hoping for at half time.
Why they couldn't play like this against us...
Twats
This kind of stuff really pisses me off. That idiot handed utd the game on a plate after 2 minutes. End of. We played shite at Southampton and didn’t deserve anything. That’s my LFC biased take on events, for what its worth.
Was hoping we will overtake them before facing City but looks unlikely. Hoping Everton step up but not holding my breath.
fecking hell, when Martial scores you know you're shit
Absolutely shameful this from Southampton
United have looked very good you have to say.
They’ve been playing at home against 10 men for the whole game. I haven’t watched any of the match but you’d expect them to look good.
That's shouldn't even be a penalty, let alone a red card.
Never seen anything like this in my life. Ever. And then Hollywood being Hollywood on top of it. Just gobsmacking.
Ha. Now that is an utter piss take.
Outrageous penalty. fecking joke. And sent off.
Shouldn’t be surprised with that lot.
But honestly what the feck was that decision?!
Was Dean the one on VAR who fecked over Southampton against Villa? I know he won't but Hasenhuttl should say something after the game. I suppose he'll be too embarrassed to do so though.
Has Hasenhuttl now managed them to their two biggest losses in the history of the Premier League? 9-0 and 8-0...
Southampton have been fecking shameful though. Embarrassing effort you have to say. Almost as bad as their Leicester performance last season.
A professional referee seeing that numerous times, after being told by another professional referee to take another look, and still deciding it’s a penalty and a red card tells you all you need to know.
I wonder if the VAR was telling him to overturn the penalty or to give the red.
Just wondering which of them is the bigger c*nt.
That gimp giving it the whole “we’re too nice” in his press conference - fecking cheats
Martial is a diving cheat.
Bet there will be zero mention of it though
In the grand scheme of things they scored another 8 goals so it doesn’t really matter, but yeah a fecking shocking decision.
Jesus Christ Southampton you Embarrasing twats
Cry more, Hassenhuttl, ya fecking clueless prick.
Oh dear, Ralph. Should have saved the crying for tonight
Scoring 8 goals just screams insecurity
This tit
Crying at wins and losing 9-0
He's probably smiling after this one though
Two 9-0 losses since he's been there, that's a sackable offense on its own
Not just because it was v us but crying at winning a league game should raise flags
Weird manager Hasenhüttl.
Can't decide wether he's any good or not.
that is shocking from Southampton.... embarrassing...
Dan ‘Daniel’ James scores. Talk about taking the piss!
We lost against these - unbelievable.

No Idea For Nickname

FT
Two 9-0s under the same manager
They need to chase this fella, christ. I can't believe the way some people go on about him as if he's one of the best managers around. Playing entire matches with 10 men obviously takes some sort of toll but I'd be fecking SEETHING if I supported Southampton.
Absolutely disgusting stuff
Hasenhüttl cried when S.A. narrowly beat us. Now is when he should really be crying. That was abysmal.
Even the Merseyside ref gives them everything.
Winning 6-0 and diving for a pen, says everything about the cheating bastards.
Yep - cheats.
Yep. And the referee falling for it even after watching it back six times will mean it’ll keep happening.
Southampton player doing everything he can to avoid contact, Martial doing everything he can to initiate it. Penalty.
Imagine them winning the league on GD
Imagine them losing it on GD. Oh, they did.
They won’t finish on the same points as City. And hopefully not us.
They can always win the GD league. Just like the won the January league and the league since Fernandes has been there. A leagues a league to them
Man Utd beating Southampton 9-0 at home against 9 men
Leicester beating Southampton 0-9 away from home against 10 men
Wonder which is more impressive & will get more media coverage
This lad fancies himself as a Klopp clone
A feckin fraud. Should resign on the spot after that.
Credit to Man Utd because they do have a ruthlessness to ram home the bonus goals once an opponent is on the ropes. Flat-track bullies or not it's a good trait to have and Man City have been the same for the past few seasons.
I watched the last 30 minutes of the Wolves vs. Arsenal game and Wolves were content to just control the game despite playing against nine men and facing a calamitous goalkeeper. Arsenal had a half chance to grab an equaliser in the last few minutes because the game hadn't been killed off.
Took Bednerak out of my fantasy team to put Trent back in.
Only good thing about that hot mess
United have 4pts out of 18 v the ‘big 6’ this season
If you want to add Leicester as a 7th it’s 5pts from 21
We have 14
17 including Leicester
Watched that with my Utd supporting step daughter - very painful
Shearer laying into the VAR for the Adam's offside - they're finally starting to twig to what a shitshow VAR and their fecking lines are.
He's so angry he can barely speak
Where are you seeing this
Whichever satellite feed DSTV (South Africa) gets
They had Shearer and Wright in the studio - both laid into the disallowed goal and straight out called Martial out for diving.
Words like 'worst refereeing and VAR' were thrown around liberally
Get into the match of the day studios and it’s ‘imperious united’
Oh, there was lots of that too, never fear
0-0 vs Everton at the weekend. Guaranteed.
I know they'll want a draw but if someone is to win, who do you think they'll be wanting to win in our game with City? It's an awkward one for them isn't it? For their 'title challenge' they'll want City to lose. But if they take themselves out of the equation, they'll want City to run away with it. Like I said, awkward for them.
Not quite following that to be honest
Everton have nearly, but not quite, gone full Everton again
They’ll lose that 3-1 or similar
Nah this is a game the bitters will be wanting to lose, so inevitably they will get a result.
Just seen the Martial incident. I'm sorry but, that's a foul, that's a penalty.
Bednarek pulls out of the challenge whilst Martial drags his leg and moves into the defender to initiate the contact. It’s a form of diving that urgently needs to be eradicated from the game, because it’s allowing people to hide behind the “but there was contact” bullshit.
Wow just seen it, horrific decision. Fact that Martial admits it wasn’t a foul says everything. Mike Dean needs looking at big time
Watched that with my Utd supporting step daughter - very painful

No Idea For Nickname

Ole's presser yesterday, reaction:
I'm sure they'll make it up to you Ole lad, but talking of momentum changers how about all them pens you had

Mark Critchley@mjcritchley
Solskjaer on Sheffield United defeat: "I've got the delegates' report from the ref and the two decisions were wrong. They've admitted their goal should have been disallowed and our goal should have stood. That's a big, big momentum changer for us.
Sure they did Ole, I totally believe you.
2 decisions from a game against the worst team in the league....
The fact that they are willing to hang refs out to dry the moment they feel they have been wronged, says a lot. Most clubs would fear being ridiculed my the press or pundits. Or actually pulled up by PGMOL themselves. Not Man Utd though. One game that didn't go their way and they are rounding on the ref immediately.
Why are they allowed to get away with it?
That said, are PGMOL really likely come come out with a grovelling line like that so soon after the game? Is Ole talking bollocks? If he is, he needs pulling up.
So pleased for this little party they've had, every cloud and that... keeps Ole at the wheel till at least the end of the season, a transfer window splurge on big time Charlie's with no pattern in mind, imagine in another world Ole shows his true ability and someone decent with a football brain and a plan like Poch or even Tuchel going there. Great work Ole lad I back you to the hilt mate
Looks like we've all seen that BBC article about the decisions in the sheff utd game and the match delegates and all that. No other club gets that. Why can't they just piss off? Aren't they +3 in the Var table whilst we're -5?
Just saw that clip of him moaning about the Sheff Utd game. What a gobshite. Can't stand that fraud. Obviously the longer he stays at Utd the better, but his stupid face really annoys me. You can see he thinks he's a top manager with the way he speaks as well.
It does. That stupid smirk on his face looks fecking arrogant.
See if I was a ref, comments like this would make me want to double down on making sure I didn't give in to pressure from their players.

If they're all crowding round the ref at every call tonight it'll be obvious that they're following Solskjaer's instructions. Whoever is refereeing tonight best not fall for it.
It's so obvious isn't it. It doesnt suit him to be honest, he comes across so desperate. You'd love to have heard the conversation between him and Fergie, I wonder how many times they cursed the name Jurgen Klopp, seems he has wound the little weasel up
Exactly, he's pretty much said he expects refs to bow down to his players' complaints.
This ridiclulous BS from Solskjaer is his panicked response to them now not getting penalties. Kloppo’s got under his skin big time.
Yeah. They're definitely "too nice". Here they are before Firmino's goal was disallowed for absolutely nothing.

RedTiger

Half mast
Do these c*nts never get injuries? Every team against them always seem to be littered with injuries.
Such spawny feckers and they still won't win the
title
Put in the performance of their season vs us, then shit it down their leg inside two mins vs the rags. Could be the highest scorers in the league after this match thanks to that dick head.
Why they couldn't play like this against us...
I was saying the shit about them last season.

Hoof the ball

Their fans are full of shit talking about looking for the contact. How can those utter cnuts not concede that this has been the norm for them under Salah and Mane for more than a couple of seasons now?

No Idea For Nickname

best January signing, reaction

The BBC really have no shame

Even for the Mancs the wanking over this cheat is off the scale.

They couldn't even be bothered to spell Suarez correctly
It's a fan vote. Lot of Mancs I saw on twitter were embarrassed because Vidic and Evra were far better signings and it's showing up now terrible their fanbase is. Bunch of FIFA dorks and sentient memes.
That was my first though - he isn’t even the best United signing in January. Vidic and Evra have the longevity and trophies that tells you that.
The FIFA dorks are right, though. Bruno Fernandes is rated 87 and Evra's last card was only rated 81. That's literally the be all and end all for most these days
Henrik Larsson was better than Fernandes. In the sense that he helped them win stuff.
What the hell ??
Van Dijk is the best player in the world, the best signing I can remember anyone signing in god knows how long for impact and transformation of a team. He took us to the CL and league. That fella throws himself about and scores penalties. That's hilarious
The BBC, Jesus, anyone would think they're based in Manchester
They've genuinely created at thread about it on Redcafe crying about how they've been fecked by VAR and the result should be awarded as 2-1 to them
They're moaning that its affected their momentum and confidence and could cost them the title
How easily they forget the decisions that got them where they are this season in the first place. The lack of self awareness is staggering.
VVD actually won the vote but VAR awarded it to Bruno
Well as they used to always remind us in these comparisons, VVD has actually won something that matters. What has Fernandes won other than a few player of the month awards?
Possibly an oscar at some point, either visual fx for his face of lack of supporting actor for his legs.
off topic, but prime Vidic was a fantastic defender. Him and Rio at the back were as good as anything I've seen. They were pretty much impregnable for a good while.
Fernadino is good, but it's gone way over the top. Half of his goals have been dodgy pens they have been awarded.
I still believe Suarez is one of the best players we've had, and is one of the best imports the PL has ever seen. Scandalous how downplayed it gets. Stevie G holds a very special place for us, but Suarez is right up next to him in terms of desire, skill and ability.

Red Stone

I thought I was at peak happiness after watching us ram nine goals into Saints, but this thread has bumped me up another notch.

Teja

They've genuinely created at thread about it on Redcafe crying about how they've been fecked by VAR and the result should be awarded as 2-1 to them
They're moaning that its affected their momentum and confidence and could cost them the title
How easily they forget the decisions that got them where they are this season in the first place. The lack of self awareness is staggering.
I'm actually curious about this one .. what 50-50 refereeing decisions have went our way that had a meaningful impact on our current league position? It can't have been that many. I think end of last season we got bailed out by some dodgy penalties but struggle to think of one this season.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I've never checked out this thread before.....man, what have I been missing. Holy cannoli.
If you have some free time, read past years’ RAWK threads, especially the 08/09 one. It is epic, especially when we come back v. Villa with Macheda. Well worth the time invest.

EngimaMK

Wow ... This is a bit mental. There are so many Scousers losing their shit over this ... It truly is crazy!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I can't find the 08 thread :(
Shit. You’re right. You know what I am thinking of, it’s the actual thread on RAWK that has their response to our Villa game in it.

I’m sure someone a bit older than me in this forum has a link to it. It’s been linked to in a few of these threads as well.