RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

NK86

Something that we could have said up until last week.
Not really. No one here was calling Fellaini a midfield general or talking about our midfield as if it was the best in the world. Almost everyone on here agreed we needed to sort our midfield options. Unlike those on RAWK who think Hendo is the dog's bollocks.

lysglimt

Scout
As it stands now - I can think of 2 Liverpool-players who would get into our team - Mane and Coutinho. Still 2 too many - but decent :)

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Not really. No one here was calling Fellaini a midfield general or talking about our midfield as if it was the best in the world. Almost everyone on here agreed we needed to sort our midfield options. Unlike those on RAWK who think Hendo is the dog's bollocks.
But we really almost forget what a good midfield looks like

NK86

But we really almost forget what a good midfield looks like
Not actually. That is why we always knew we didn't have a good midfield. If we had really forgotten, we would have been waxing lyricals for Fellaini.

welshwingwizard

I'm not especially talking about Firmino, incidentally. I'm thinking more about trans people reading this and seeing transphobia so normalized. It must really sting. I'm not speaking as any kind of expert, but I do have a trans person in my family who is close and I see the pain when they feel rejected and ridiculed by others who don't understand what it's like.
For what its worth, I think you are right to point stuff like this out and commend you for doing so.

I don't get the nuance in the topic i.e. around specific words etc but that is precisely why it is a good idea for you to say something. On the net it is easy to be flippant in a way we wouldn't be in real life, especially regarding topics we don't know about.

It may seem small to others but as you pointed out, I don't like the idea that a stupid comment (that to me is maybe just a little joke) could be damaging to other United fans and put them off here. Leeds/ Liverpool fans perhaps, but not United fans :p

Nogbadthebad

More top modding in the thread discussing their match with Burton Albion in the League Cup

Its not the best post in the world,but this:

So embarrasing we have to enter this so early. Honestly can't be asked with this, no idea why we have 2 cup competations, league cup should be scrapped to be honest.
Got this response from a mod:

As embarrassing as your posts on this forum?

I don't think so.

Laters.

And as a warning for any other high maintenance newbies, I'm not in the fecking mood for your shite so tone it down or you'll go the same way.
I mean, I don't get banning someone for that. It IS embarrassing for the scouse to be in it this early.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
More top modding in the thread discussing their match with Burton Albion in the League Cup

Its not the best post in the world,but this:

Got this response from a mod:

I mean, I don't get banning someone for that. It IS embarrassing for the scouse to be in it this early.
That's why I'm posting on here and not RAWK. I posted in the Liverpool thread yesterday a frustrated and critical post about how we keep making the same mistakes over and over. If I'd posted that in RAWK or another Liverpool forum it would have been met with criticism and probably a ban.

I'd love to know the reasoning behind why that guy was banned. Was the mod in question a big fan of the League Cup?

RedStarUnited

Talking about Us and Jose..

Not worried. I remember Jose's second time in charge agt Chelsea. His first season Chelsea started pretty well with Costa scoring goals for fun and Fabregas creating chances almost by accident (the fella was a wizard for the first half of the season). People forget Chelsea flopped in the second half of that season year, largely because our title run changed the narrative, but they were heavy favourites. The whole "little horse" strategy only came out after they had dropped points.

It'll be the same this season. They'll pick up points, Ibrahimovich will score goals at a decent rate, the media will lap it up (Rawkites will start bitching about our players not being as good as United's etc), but the wheels will roll off pretty soon. It's an intense league, Ibrahimovich is old, Pogba is talented but vastly overpriced, and Rooney is..well Rooney, half way through the season they'll tire and tail off, especially considering Mourinho hardly ever rotates.

We'll finish above them, it's the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea we should probably keep an eye on.
Cesc and Costa were bought in 2014. Chelsea won the league the first season those guys were there.

He isnt worried about us but he is worried about a team that is 5 points behind us already and hasn't won a league in 12 years. I am pretty sure he mentioned Arsenal so that he can feel better about beating them last week.

PS - Why is RAWK so overprotected, who runs it and why are they so hell bent on it being nothing but a positive place in spite of reality?

Sylar

Our wheels will fall of cos of Pogbas price even though hes talented... yeah.

Bwuk

In place of who?
Mane on the right, and it'd be a toss up between Mata/Mkhitaryan/Coutinho for in behind Zlatan.

Emre Can beside Pogba, unless Fellaini manages to keep his early season form in which Can wouldn't have a chance then. None of there defenders or goalkeepers.

Minimalist

Talking about Us and Jose..

Cesc and Costa were bought in 2014. Chelsea won the league the first season those guys were there.

He isnt worried about us but he is worried about a team that is 5 points behind us already and hasn't won a league in 12 years. I am pretty sure he mentioned Arsenal so that he can feel better about beating them last week.

PS - Why is RAWK so overprotected, who runs it and why are they so hell bent on it being nothing but a positive place in spite of reality?
How in the name of christ do they keep thinking they'll finish above us when it's happened so friggin little in the last 5-10 years?!

We finished above them two years running with LVG for christ sake! :lol:

Green_Red

I'm not especially talking about Firmino, incidentally. I'm thinking more about trans people reading this and seeing transphobia so normalized. It must really sting. I'm not speaking as any kind of expert, but I do have a trans person in my family who is close and I see the pain when they feel rejected and ridiculed by others who don't understand what it's like.
Sticks and stones mate, context is important. I didnt post that chant in an attempt to dehumanise anyone. If someone is offended, Ill delete and apologise no questions.

RetroStu

How in the name of christ do they keep thinking they'll finish above us when it's happened so friggin little in the last 5-10 years?!

We finished above them two years running with LVG for christ sake! :lol:
They have Klopp.

Vanrouge

For what its worth, I think you are right to point stuff like this out and commend you for doing so.

I don't get the nuance in the topic i.e. around specific words etc but that is precisely why it is a good idea for you to say something. On the net it is easy to be flippant in a way we wouldn't be in real life, especially regarding topics we don't know about.

It may seem small to others but as you pointed out, I don't like the idea that a stupid comment (that to me is maybe just a little joke) could be damaging to other United fans and put them off here. Leeds/ Liverpool fans perhaps, but not United fans :p
Hey, thanks for this. I knew I'd be accused of being PC or humourless if I said anything, and sure enough, the old "bet you're a blast at parties" line makes its tired appearance. I was waiting for the "its PC run amok," but we seem to have moved beyond Daily Mail kneejerking at last. At least we've (when I say "we," I mean football fans, since we were never the most enlightened demographic, lol) come a long way on homophobia, but I fear transphobia is gonna take a while. It does worry me since I know people who are exactly that vulnerable, and if they see themselves or representatives of their dysphoria ridiculed and mocked it can make their struggle for self-acceptance that much harder. A staggering 41 percent of trans people attempt suicide at some point. That's almost ten times the average, and its heartbreaking.

But yeah, feck Scouse trans people; they're on their own... (this humourless killjoy is kidding).

Vanrouge

Sticks and stones mate, context is important. I didnt post that chant in an attempt to dehumanise anyone. If someone is offended, Ill delete and apologise no questions.
Don't worry about it. There were plenty of other comments, and I don't think anyone was being intentionally hurtful. I've said enough and I don't want to derail this thread any further, since mocking RAWK is never a bad thing. Just the number of comments didn't sit right with me, having seen the impact they can have on people who are genuinely struggling. But I think it's more about education than anything; I don't believe most of us know much about the issue despite a few recent pop culture inroads (Caitlyn Jenner, etc.).

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Our wheels will fall of cos of Pogbas price even though hes talented... yeah.

RAWK logic.

Pogba must be literally, carrying all that cash on his back. Will be tired towards the end of the season.
They insult the word stupid -- United have 'over-paid' for players for decades from Law to Robson to Rio, Rooney to Ronaldo. And they have not done badly imo. (Granted, a few failures like Burtles and Webb)

Last edited: