RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 2016-17 Edition

Charlie Foley

I think he's celebrating. How he thrusts his arms down and out as he slides just seems too triumphant. And the second glance over is when he shows disbelief.

EDIT: maybe , now I'm not sure :lol:

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612
Rawkite said:
He was a beast today. Watching him bursting through the City midfield was just mesmerising. I really want to see more of this Emre Can, as he could prove to be a useful weapon for us. Also his tackling was so powerful today, he was just totally on it. Thought he was unlucky not to get man of the match to be honest.
rawkite 2 said:
If Can wasn't unfortunate to get injured just before the opening game against Arsenal I think all those games he would have had as our 6 since then would have allowed him to develop and we'd be talking about one of the better DM's around as his potential in this role is immense.

He has everything you need for the role and more. Drive from deep positions, moving with the ball, using his body to shield the ball under pressure. Last 4 games he had an assist vs Leicester, winning goal vs Burnley, "assist" for the penalty today where he opens up their defence with a lovely chip. He's flourishing on both sides of the ball and really deserves a run of games now to showcase his immense natural predisposition for this role.

If Klopp truly believes in meritocracy Can deserves to keep his place as our 6.
But it's not all pro-Can.. someone may get banned soon..

Soon to be banned Rawkite said:
He's way too slow on the ball when we play a deep defence, and he doesn't read the game quickly enough when defending a counter. There's absolutely no way he should be our number 6 next season, not even the back up.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Now they're above 6th... the obvious worry for Utd is that after this incredible achievement, will next season be a case of "after the lord mayors show". You get the impression some of these players will feel like they've achieved everything they dreamed of.
Liverpool's last 7 premier league finishes.
2009/10 - 7th
2010/11 - 6th
2011/12 - 8th
2012/13 - 7th
2013/14 - 2nd
2014/15 - 6th
2015/16 - 8th

KN5

Liverpool's last 7 premier league finishes.
2009/10 - 7th
2010/11 - 6th
2011/12 - 8th
2012/13 - 7th
2013/14 - 2nd
2014/15 - 6th
2015/16 - 8th
Thats so ugly jesus christ i'd hate to support liverpool.

Inter Yer Nan

I see he's been making some sly digs at Van Gaal recently, the man who gave him his first proper coaching role in football when he was previously known merely as a translator with some bright ideas. All this after stabbing Van Gaal in the back last season by pursuing his job on the sly. Class act that man, total class act. Not content with stealing Van Gaal's job (and let's not forget the humiliating way he was sacked, right after winning the FA Cup) he is now out to damage his reputation too. Horrible, nasty man.

As for Utd, they're not finishing above us this season, or in the top 4. Their only hope of CL football next season is winning the Europa League, which they might well do because the quality is poor this year by the usual standards (though hopefully Roma can do something). It's only recently they drew with Hull and Bournemouth at home and came within a last minute Rooney free kick of losing to Stoke. They're not going on a winning run with that fixture list. Soton away, Spurs away, Arsenal away, City away, Chelsea? Don't worry about this lot. If we perform like we've shown we can do we'll finish comfortably in top 4.

So Jose chose to get LVG fired and drawing with Hull is somehow far worse and more embarrassing then losing to Hull.

Also, funny that they are still hoping and wishing an already eliminated side will stop us winning the Europa.

Thats so ugly jesus christ i'd hate to support liverpool.
But don't live in the past can't you see they are en route to winning the "we finished higher than United who are 6th cup" this season?

Andy_Cole

I see he's been making some sly digs at Van Gaal recently, the man who gave him his first proper coaching role in football when he was previously known merely as a translator with some bright ideas. All this after stabbing Van Gaal in the back last season by pursuing his job on the sly. Class act that man, total class act. Not content with stealing Van Gaal's job (and let's not forget the humiliating way he was sacked, right after winning the FA Cup) he is now out to damage his reputation too. Horrible, nasty man.

As for Utd, they're not finishing above us this season, or in the top 4. Their only hope of CL football next season is winning the Europa League, which they might well do because the quality is poor this year by the usual standards (though hopefully Roma can do something). It's only recently they drew with Hull and Bournemouth at home and came within a last minute Rooney free kick of losing to Stoke. They're not going on a winning run with that fixture list. Soton away, Spurs away, Arsenal away, City away, Chelsea? Don't worry about this lot. If we perform like we've shown we can do we'll finish comfortably in top 4.

So Jose chose to get LVG fired and drawing with Hull is somehow far worse and more embarrassing then losing to Hull.

Also, funny that they are still hoping and wishing an already eliminated side will stop us winning the Europa.

But don't live in the past can't you see they are en route to winning the "we finished higher than United who are 6th cup" this season?
Wow what a meltdown.

MaxiPaxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yeah I hope Roma knock us out in the EL. Ffs

Player Red

RAWK:
Facts are, this whole push by them to get a new stadium is rooted in their sheer horror when we built the new Main Stand.
Been trying to get a new stadium for years, but only when Liverpool get a new stand do Everton actually need to sort it out.

Jacko21

Reading some of the replies in response to Everton announcing their future stadium plans is amusing.

I didn't RAWK members were so au fait with financing, landowners and guarantors.

RAWK's summary... Everton have negotiated themselves a terrible deal, the stadium will never built and it's smaller than Anfield anyway so...

....we are Liverpool tra la la la.

Anyone would think they're a little perturbed by Everton's vision.

Inter Yer Nan

Funny seeing them worried Everton will have a much better, newer stadium than them and the hypocrisy. I remember when they were bragging years ago they were getting a new stadium and it would be the bestest in the world and then all of a sudden they weren't moving and Klanfield again became the greatest stadium in the world again.

Pexbo

Online influencer who has never watched Star Wars
Just looking over some EPL stats and noticed our goalscorijg record against Liverpool's.

43 from open play compared to their 35.
12 from set pieces compared to their 6.

They've had 5 penalties compared to our 3.
They've also benefitted from 4 own goals compared to our 2.

I thought they'd be way ahead of us for some reason.

T00lsh3d

Just looking over some EPL stats and noticed our goalscorijg record against Liverpool's.

Surprises me also. Possibly it's due to the general portrayal of Klopp's all-guns-blazing heavy metal concede-a-lot score-a-lot football. Also I think a lot more is made of it when they play well and score a few because, basically......they're shite.

Inter Yer Nan

As in head to head matches?

Thought we'd be further ahead than that if so. We've dominated and they've been largely mediocre. We've also had long unbeaten streaks against them.

Lord Megadrive

Flautist in training
Between the Motorola 68000 and Yamaha YM2612

With the way that Rawk goes on I'm surprised by the amount of penalties..

What's the time period? Is it from 92-93?
The Liverpool games always seem to be tight affairs to be fair

Alex Styles

Firstly, bump.

Secondly, not really RAWK but a friend of mine who supports Liverpool was claiming before the game that they 'owe' Bournemouth a hammering because the last meeting between the two really hurt.

Well they sure showed them !!! I guess Liverpool fans will never change.

12OunceEpilogue

Scout
Simply not good enough. We shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again and I'm so tired of it. If we don't get top 4 this season we will have absolutely nobody to blame but ourselves.
That would be at home in most of our post match threads, as would quite a few more from RAWK tonight.

Last edited: