Real Madrid and Barcelona

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Spot on.. Real Madrid and Barcelona are in deep shit. They are desperate.

When giants fall... I’m waiting:drool:
Real Madrid is not in deep shit. Perez is just pretending they are.
Barcelona might fall soon.
Although when I look at their team it's filled with bunch of young players from la masia I have never heard of

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
There's a fundamental difference between how football is perceived and lived in Spain/Italy compared to England. In england it's ultimately a sport, they care about the values of sport greatly. Not so over here. Fans of Real Madrid/Barcelona/Juventus/Inter/Milan, they don't want to beat their rivals. They want their rivals to disappear. It's our club first, second, third, fourth and fifth. And anything else doesn't matter, not really

So even if they are against the proposed SL, they're not really going to go hard against their clubs over it. Because ultimately, my club >>>>> football
That's such a weird take on football. It's the rivalries that make the sport what it is. If Barca just disappeared, so would the Classico, which is La Liga's biggest selling point.

As a United fan, I love watching Liverpool, City and Leeds struggle. I love watching AFTV when Arsenal have lost. But the prospect of football without those rival clubs is terrible. They're the games that excite me most and the ones with the best atmosphere, which is a big part of why I fell in love with football as a kid.

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
This topic is so cringeworthy. Especially the part where all the experts know so much about Spanish government bailing out Madrid :lol:

louvega

Real Madrid is not in deep shit. Perez is just pretending they are.
Barcelona might fall soon.
Although when I look at their team it's filled with bunch of young players from la masia I have never heard of
real madrid is in deep shit

DoomSlayer

This topic is so cringeworthy. Especially the part where all the experts know so much about Spanish government bailing out Madrid :lol:
It's going to be okay, pal. I know it's hard for you guys when you can't buy an Mbappe or Hazard every summer. :(

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
It's going to be okay, pal.
I know it will be (unlike most of the ''expert''s here). Btw, I'm glad SL is out of the picture (you can check my previous posts), but some of the stuff I read here is comical.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
There's a fundamental difference between how football is perceived and lived in Spain/Italy compared to England. In england it's ultimately a sport, they care about the values of sport greatly. Not so over here. Fans of Real Madrid/Barcelona/Juventus/Inter/Milan, they don't want to beat their rivals. They want their rivals to disappear. It's our club first, second, third, fourth and fifth. And anything else doesn't matter, not really

So even if they are against the proposed SL, they're not really going to go hard against their clubs over it. Because ultimately, my club >>>>> football
So Spaniards and Italians supporting Madrid Barcelona Juventus don’t care about their national Leagues?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

I get the feeling that a lot of fans from clubs around Europe were envious and wished they could also be in the Super League.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Athletico Madrid lost their game yesterday, so it's in Barcelona hands to win La Liga now.

Hulksmash

Why didn't UEFA ban Barcelona? Isn't FFP meant to avoid such debts?

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
We do, but mostly as a consequence of our clubs being in it
It was in their hands before atletico lost. Then barca had to beat them. Now they can just draw.

Atletico had to beat barca. I think they play each other next week

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Barcelona in deep financial mire without the super league money:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/bar...350m-debt-after-super-league-collapse-sources

Barca are also working on player sales and reducing the wage bill and have already taken some of the heat off by renegotiating a part of their short-term debt.

Of the club's €1.173bn gross debt, €265m was owed to banks before June 30, per the club's latest accounts.

A club source confirmed to ESPN a more staggered repayment plan has been agreed upon with some of the noteholders of that debt
What happens if they default? They're going to have to offload players and can surely forget about renewing Messi on anywhere near the €2m or so a week he's supposedly on.

Eckers99

Imagine being over a billion in debt and one of your primary concerns being a marquee signing.

Joke club.

Gehrman

Barcelona in deep financial mire without the super league money:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/bar...350m-debt-after-super-league-collapse-sources

What happens if they default? They're going to have to offload players and can surely forget about renewing Messi on anywhere near the €2m or so a week he's supposedly on.
Would be a good look for Messi to take a paycut if the details of his contract is true even though he's still by far their best player. He's broken every record there now, so it wouldn't be bad time to leave if he is ever going to do it.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Barca has double the amount 4th place gets. Thats ridculous quite frankly.
Sure, but it actually used to be a lot worse before. All the remaining La Liga teams have been getting a bigger slice of the pie in recent years as the tv revenue split was renegotiated

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
It's the likes of Madrid, barca and Juventus that really need the super league, the premier league sides can easily get by with the money the premier league makes ironically because of the competitiveness of our league, if anything our premier league teams would have been bailing them out, I think the premier league teams will go through another strong period in the champions league over the next few years.
Rubbish, as the spending gap continues to widen (especially with the financial pull City has) the EPL will become more and more of a one horse race. It’s been one of the least competitive in recent years while la liga has just 3 points separating the top 4. I think this is a weak era of football overall, la liga is weak and the fact that Chelsea are in the semi final with a shot at the final shows how weak European football has gotten right now.

Outside of 2019 epl tends to have the season decided relatively early thanks to City’s dominance

Last edited:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
They should spend more time developing their own talent and less time hoovering up players like Hazard, Dembele, Griezmann, Coutinho and Jovic.

They've wasted a fortune over the last 5 years and somehow got much worse. It's like watching 2 Uniteds trying to outdo each other, which can only mean they're 2 terribly run clubs.

Considering the means at their disposal, I've got no sympathy at all. Feck them.
Sounds like someone who is completely clueless about the Spanish league. No offense.

Griezmann has 18 goals and 11 assists this season. Best season with Barca by far.

And it’s laughable you criticize Barca for not developing talent when we have Pedri, Illaix, Ansu Fati, Mengueza, Trincao and Araujo who have all been pretty good young players for us. I’d say our talent development destroys that of teams like United.

cyberman

Rubbish, as the spending gap continues to widen (especially with the financial pull City has) the EPL will become more and more of a one horse race. It’s been one of the least competitive of the top 5 leagues while la liga has just 3 points separating the top 4. Outside of 2019 epl tends to have the season decided relatively early thanks to City’s dominance
We are on course to see 4 different English sides reach European finals over the last 3 years. The two from 2019 wont even qualify for next year from our league. 4 different league winners in the last 5 years. One team has only ever retained the title in 11 odd years.
This just isnt true

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
We are on course to see 4 different English sides reach European finals over the last 3 years. The two from 2019 wont even qualify for next year from our league. 4 different league winners in the last 5 years. One team has only ever retained the title in 11 odd years.
This just isnt true
epl only has one more league winner than la liga in the last ten years. Leicester was a 1 in a million outlier. City has been laying waste to the EPL and will continue to do so.

Point gap in prem 18/19 1st to 20th was 82 points. In la liga it was 55. 19/20 in prem it was 78 points. In la liga it was 62. Man city alone had more in league wins by 4+ goals than Barca, atleti, and real combined last season. Right now just 3 points separate the top 4 in la liga while city are 19 points up on fourth place Chelsea. As the money gap widens the EPL will become a 1-2 horse race with City leading the way

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sounds like someone who is completely clueless about the Spanish league. No offense.

Griezmann has 18 goals and 11 assists this season. Best season with Barca by far.

And it’s laughable you criticize Barca for not developing talent when we have Pedri, Illaix, Ansu Fati, Mengueza, Trincao and Araujo who have all been pretty good young players for us. I’d say our talent development destroys that of teams like United.
Teams like United?

Henderson, Pogba, Greenwood, Rashford, Mctominay in our first team alone. We also have Williams and Tuanzebe in and around the squad.

You can maybe pick a fight with some, but United are more than a match for you.

This is maybe the first time in a long time that you've even relied on La Masia :lol:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Teams like United?

Henderson, Pogba, Greenwood, Rashford, Mctominay in our first team alone. We also have Williams and Tuanzebe in and around the squad.

You can maybe pick a fight with some, but United are more than a match for you.

This is maybe the first time in a long time that you've even relied on La Masia :lol:
Pogba who is on the verge of leaving and seems miserable there? Greenwood has only picked up his play recently again. Saying United are more than a match is funny, you guys are playing on Thursday’s and it wasn’t that long ago we beat you in CL. I think Barca has gotten worse since then for sure but don’t see United as anything to write home about. And I’d without question take Barca’s youth development and players this season over United. Rashford has been off this season (hell of a talent) but if we are focusing on youth development Barca this season trumps United.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Pogba who is on the verge of leaving and seems miserable there? Greenwood has only picked up his play recently again. Saying United are more than a match is funny, you guys are playing on Thursday’s and it wasn’t that long ago we beat you in CL. I think Barca has gotten worse since then for sure but don’t see United as anything to write home about. And I’d without question take Barca’s youth development and players this season over United. Rashford has been off this season (hell of a talent) but if we are focusing on youth development Barca this season trumps United.
Pogba isn't unhappy, you got thumped against PSG so that puts us about even i'd say.

Rashford has been playing injured all season, do you even know what you're talking about?

Barca fans always seem to have this high and mighty mentality, once Messi leaves this summer and with 1 billion debt I think you'll be finding yourself in a similar situation :D

cyberman

epl only has one more league winner than la liga in the last ten years. Leicester was a 1 in a million outlier. City has been laying waste to the EPL and will continue to do so.

Point gap in prem 18/19 1st to 20th was 82 points. In la liga it was 55. 19/20 in prem it was 78 points. In la liga it was 62. Man city alone had more in league wins by 4+ goals than Barca, atleti, and real combined last season. Right now just 3 points separate the top 4 in la liga while city are 19 points up on fourth place Chelsea. As the money gap widens the EPL will become a 1-2 horse race with City leading the way
You cant just yes but actual league winners away and then quote stats?
Even your first sentence doesn't make sense. Utd, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool and City have all won the title in the last decade. City have won 2 titles in 5 years, where the laying waste? Literally didnt win it last year. Id also add Atletico winning is just as big as an outlier at Leicester btw.
It seems you have a lot of buzz words and ideas but they dont add up

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
You cant just yes but actual league winners away and then quote stats?
Evem your first sentence doesn't make sense. Utd, Chelsea, City Liverpool and City have all won the title in the last decade. City have won 2 titles in 5 years, where the laying waste? Liyetally didnt win it last year.
It seems you have a lot of buzz words and ideas but they dont add up
not true at all, I’ve shown stats for the competitiveness of the two leagues and in recent years the title race has been rather dire in the epl. City are on the verge of winning the league 4 times in the last 7 years and as the financial gap widens they’ll absolutely dominate even more. 2019 was an outlier where all the seasons around it have the title team winning rather early. I’ve literally shown the points differences and epl competitiveness is vastly overblown.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Pogba isn't unhappy, you got thumped against PSG so that puts us about even i'd say.

Rashford has been playing injured all season, do you even know what you're talking about?

Barca fans always seem to have this high and mighty mentality, once Messi leaves this summer and with 1 billion debt I think you'll be finding yourself in a similar situation :D
Id argue the arrogance is far worse and laughable from some United fans considering how little you lot have done in recent years. I’ve said many many times this is one of the worst Barca sides of the last fifteen years and one of the weakest la liga’s in recent years. I’ve absolutely taken Barca to task. But you couldn’t even get out of the group stage in CL, and our group wasn’t a cupcake either. United has a very disappointing CL run this season. We’ve been getting thumped sure, but still been getting further in CL and as for a matchup between the two teams I absolutely think it would be close. However, the criticism wasn’t about who was better but about the inability of Barca to develop their youth which is the furthest thing from the truth this season. United still lack a lot of depth, we have been the opposite. Our youth players are just 17 or 18 and already playing for their national sides.

and you lot also got thumped by psg 3-1 (even though it’s quite silly to use one game as a reference for which team is better) you also lost to Istanbul, does that mean Barca would beat you 5-0? No, it’s silly to use a single game when we have 38 weeks of play.

And for the record, I think Ole is very underrated despite what some United fans say about him.

Last edited:

Eckers99

I'm not the one taking offence mate, think you trawling through my previous posts looking for dirt suggests I might've struck a chord though haha

I've seen Barca a few times this season and haven't been overly impressed. You're a long way from recent peaks and might be best having patience with the players coming through rather than looking for easy money to target the likes of Mbappe, Haaland and Neymar. Let's be real here, if your club suddenly wangled a few hundred million, the chances of it being used to service the huge debts is pretty slim. You'd go all in on a big name and give Messi another mental contract.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
That's such a weird take on football. It's the rivalries that make the sport what it is. If Barca just disappeared, so would the Classico, which is La Liga's biggest selling point.

As a United fan, I love watching Liverpool, City and Leeds struggle. I love watching AFTV when Arsenal have lost. But the prospect of football without those rival clubs is terrible. They're the games that excite me most and the ones with the best atmosphere, which is a big part of why I fell in love with football as a kid.
That's such a weird take on football. Rivalries are a distraction and mostly mean you can't read anything because of the bias of everyone involved.

Or in other words: it might be good to accept that not everyone experiences football the same way. (For the record, I did not make up that first line. I actually don't care for rivalries.)

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I'm not the one taking offence mate, think you trawling through my previous posts looking for dirt suggests I might've struck a chord though haha

I've seen Barca a few times this season and haven't been overly impressed. You're a long way from recent peaks and might be best having patience with the players coming through rather than looking for easy money to target the likes of Mbappe, Haaland and Neymar. Let's be real here, if your club suddenly wangled a few hundred million, the chances of it being used to service the huge debts is pretty slim. You'd go all in on a big name and give Messi another mental contract.
Under Barto? Sure, under Laporta? No way. Messi’s contract is fine, the athletic did a nice breakdown of how he’s more than worth his astronomical wages. The issue for us has been wasted money from the Neymar sale. But now that our former cancerous president is gone, Laporta (who was there for the pep golden years) will hopefully steer us back in the right direction.
Also we have only lost once in all of 2021, by a mere goal.

Eckers99

That's such a weird take on football. Rivalries are a distraction and mostly mean you can't read anything because of the bias of everyone involved.

Or in other words: it might be good to accept that not everyone experiences football the same way. (For the record, I did not make up that first line. I actually don't care for rivalries.)
Sure, it's all opinions but I can't imagine there are that many United fans who get as excited about playing, say, Fulham as they do playing Liverpool. Whatever guff the media comes up with before and after the game is just padding.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Sure, it's all opinions but I can't imagine there are that many United fans who get as excited about playing, say, Fulham as they do playing Liverpool. Whatever guff the media comes up with before and after the game is just padding.
Well, that's what @giorno pointed out earlier: the football culture is very different in different countries. From my experience from the Netherlands also, there are some interesting rivalries, but I think most fans would prefer playing (and preferably winning) against more competitive or alluring opponents over meeting their rivals. For example, I think a lot of Ajax fans would be OK with never meeting Feyenoord anymore if that would be the consequence of playing in a more competitively interesting league than the Eredivisie (provided Ajax wouldn't become bottom dwellers in that league).

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
This is completely untrue, in recent years la liga has been splitting the tv revenue a lot more to teams outside the big 3 in Spain:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbym...na-and-17-other-teams-receive-record-payouts/

And this breaks it down even further:

https://www.sbibarcelona.com/newsdetails/index/413
This has only been a thing for a few years but between 2002 and 2016 both Real and Barca each pocketed over 120million every year while the rest of the clubs were barely getting 10-20mil each.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
This has only been a thing for a few years but between 2002 and 2016 both Real and Barca each pocketed over 120million every year while the rest of the clubs were barely getting 10-20mil each.
Yes that is true, I was talking more about how the TV rights was renegotiated recently

Gehrman

What a way to feck it up Barca.

Last edited: