g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Real Madrid v Liverpool build up

Who do you want to win?

• Real Madrid

• Real Madrid

• Liverpool(posters choosing this will be automatically banned)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyH1

Let's hope Liverpool fans behave themselves in Kiev. They have a history of failing to do so in such games.
I'd be a bit worried about the local firms having a go at Liverpool fans. Dynamo has some nasty groups amongst their fans. And English fans will unfortunately for a long time have a target on their backs du to the transgressions of the past.

crossy1686

career ending
All of you saying you hate Madrid will do well to remember they were one of the first teams after the Munich air disaster to offer their support. They even tried to loan us Di Stefano (AKA the best striker in the world at the time) to help with the rebuild but the FA blocked it.

They made memorial pennants which they sold in Madrid and gave the profits to us, offered the injured and recovering players to use their state of the art facilities to get fit again (at no cost) and set up a series of fund raising friendlies which Madrid usually charged £12,000 for at the time but told us "pay what you can".

On top of all that, they put on a fund raising banquet for the bereaved families.

It's pathetic for anyone saying they 'hate' Madrid because they're successful or because we sold them Ronaldo, or for any other reason for that matter. If every fibre of your being isn't screaming for them to win this game and Liverpool to lose, you should seriously consider which football team you should support next season because this forum doesn't need you and United definitely don't.

RedorDead21

I'd be a bit worried about the local firms having a go at Liverpool fans. Dynamo has some nasty groups amongst their fans. And English fans will unfortunately for a long time have a target on their backs du to the transgressions of the past.
The past? You are joking! England has more than its fair share of travelling idiots and is known the world over for it. Probably the worst in Europe when it comes to loutish behaviour. Others may compete in terms of violence towards other fans but I think England trumps on the behaving like idiots front when drinking amongst themselves.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
All of you saying you hate Madrid will do well to remember they were one of the first teams after the Munich air disaster to offer their support. They even tried to loan us Di Stefano (AKA the best striker in the world at the time) to help with the rebuild but the FA blocked it.

They made memorial pennants which they sold in Madrid and gave the profits to us, offered the injured and recovering players to use their state of the art facilities to get fit again (at no cost) and set up a series of fund raising friendlies which Madrid usually charged £12,000 for at the time but told us "pay what you can".

On top of all that, they put on a fund raising banquet for the bereaved families.

It's pathetic for anyone saying they 'hate' Madrid because they're successful or because we sold them Ronaldo, or for any other reason for that matter. If every fibre of your being isn't screaming for them to win this game and Liverpool to lose, you should seriously consider which football team you should support next season because this forum doesn't need you and United definitely don't.
Liverpool offered help too so what now? And bolded part is ridiculous. Forum does not need me because i will not support some other club? I should consider will i support my life- long club because i will not support some club who plays against another club?This topic is becoming toxic. In general, who cares who would fecking win champ league if we are not one of those clubs?
I see your other posts. What are you trying to be? Some grand inquisitor who investigates who is 100% united fan by your standards? How dare you question my or some other poster loyalty to this club based on one game in which united didn't involved?

Last edited:

XxEpicUnitedxX

It's basically Man Utd vs Liverpool. This final means more to us then to Real Madrid lol. I bet the majority of people watching the semi finals were utd fans including myself.

crossy1686

career ending
Liverpool offered help too so what now? And bolded part is ridiculous. Forum does not need me because i will not support some other club? I should consider will i support my life- long club because i will not support some club who plays against another club?This topic is becoming toxic. In general, who cares who would fecking win champ league if we are not one of those clubs?
Liverpool offered some reserve players to bolster our numbers, as did many other clubs. I'm referring to United fans who are saying "I hate Madrid so I want Liverpool to win", this is no way aimed at people who openly support another club. If you don't have invested interest in Liverpool losing this upcoming final then you're slightly detached from reality.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Again, isn’t easier to just say Liverpool has won 80%(83 to be exact) of the finals they have played in. Madrid the same.
That's wrong though, Pool have won 71% of their CL/EC finals, unless you're counting some other (irrelevant) finals.

Last edited:

Cal?

CR7 fan
I see your other posts. What are you trying to be? Some grand inquisitor who investigates who is 100% united fan by your standards? How dare you question my or some other poster loyalty to this club based on one game in which united didn't involved?
If you don't care about the Scousers moving further ahead of us in the CL count, that says a lot about your support for United. :rolleyes:

promisedlanchiao

Real Madrid, please win. Just please Real. I will not be able to handle seeing the scouse cnuts lift up the CL trophy, especially that henderson rat.

For this game, Marcelo will be the most crucial guy on the pitch in my opinion. Yes, more crucial than the Ronaldo vs lovren battle as it is very clear who will win that one (not the croatian lump I’m sure you would know). This is because salah is such a good player (hate admitting that) and Marcelo is also a brilliant left back, both in an attacking and defensive sense who is probably the most capable player in the world apart from Ashley Young in handling salah. Adding on to that, his touch is literally perfect all the time as well, so it is impossible for salah to use his pace to nick it of Marcelo after a poor touch.

Also, Ramos better not have one of his crappy matches and Ronaldo better win Madrid the game to cement himself as a United **** hero and legend once and for all (already is to me but some inexplicably dislike him, including a couple of my mates). Come on Ronnie!

Prediction: Real 3-1 livershite (Ronaldo X2, Casemiro, milner pen)

COME ON REAL!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So much stress here, calm down. Real Madrid is comfortably superior to Liverpool, both in quality and experience. This is basically Ajax vs United last year.

rotherham_red

Except they quickly backtracked when push came to shove. Mr Mujac on Twitter highlighted this around the time of the Munich Anniversary. The only clubs who did something for us post-Munich were Real & Bishop Auckland. The rest? Not much at all.

Token Sheet

"No 6 bus to Old Trafford 6p, Admission to re
The past? You are joking! England has more than its fair share of travelling idiots and is known the world over for it. Probably the worst in Europe when it comes to loutish behaviour. Others may compete in terms of violence towards other fans but I think England trumps on the behaving like idiots front when drinking amongst themselves.
Do not confuse the antics of the fans who follow the national team with club teams.

The loyal support who follow the English club sides in Europe are on the whole well behaved and unfortunately they are "targeted" because of the reputation of the national teams fans behaviour.

And it's not just the local fans, the police are renowned for treating fans of Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc very poorly.

I should know, I've experienced it at first hand. France,Spain and Italy are probably the worst.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
It's basically Man Utd vs Liverpool. This final means more to us then to Real Madrid lol. I bet the majority of people watching the semi finals were utd fans including myself.
You actually believe that?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Again, isn’t easier to just say Liverpool has won 80%(83 to be exact) of the finals they have played in. Madrid the same.
They certainly didn’t win the 2014 International Champions Cup final against us. Best day of my life. Everyone was out on the streets of Manchester til 5am, oh what a night.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
That's wrong though, Pool have won 71% of their CL/EL finals, unless you're counting some other (irrelevant) finals.
Im counting the big one sorry. Big ears is just over 80%

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Lovren coming out with his usual over confident pre game comments, which usually results in him having a nightmare.

Red_Aaron

So much stress here, calm down. Real Madrid is comfortably superior to Liverpool, both in quality and experience. This is basically Ajax vs United last year.
I'm in this mode myself atm
no doubt lilverpool have a front 3 capable of scoring goals but Real are superior in every single department and if they have their game faces on they should stroll it

Minimalist

Given 4 of Liverpool's 5 CL final wins came before 1990, I'm not sure how percentages or final win ratios matter.

Stupidly low sample size aside, if you were doing legit analysis, logic suggests Madrid are set to comfortably dick all over Liverpool in the final (whether it actually happens or not). The only thing in Liverpool's favour is the form of Salah and his goalscoring, alongside the fact anything can happen in a final.

Make no mistake, it will be huge upset if Liverpool pull it off.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Im counting the big one sorry. Big ears is just over 80%
You're counting wrong then;
Pool CL&EC: 5 wins, 2 losses => win percentage = 5/7 = 71%
CL only: 1 win, 1 loss => win percentage = 1/2 = 50%

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Given 4 of Liverpool's 5 CL final wins came before 1990, I'm not sure how percentages or final win ratios matter.

Stupidly low sample size aside, if you were doing legit analysis, logic suggests Madrid are set to comfortably dick all over Liverpool in the final (whether it actually happens or not). The only thing in Liverpool's favour is the form of Salah and his goalscoring, alongside the fact anything can happen in a final.

Make no mistake, it will be huge upset if Liverpool pull it off.
Not as big as 2005 though surely? We had a worse squad and were up against an incredible Milan side.

This Madrid side has clearer weaknesses than they did and we didn’t have a player as good as Salah back then.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Not as big as 2005 though surely? We had a worse squad and were up against an incredible Milan side.

This Madrid side has clearer weaknesses than they did and we didn’t have a player as good as Salah back then.
Gerrard and Xabi Alonso? (different positions but still)

Minimalist

I think given Madrid's recent history in the competition, I'm not sure it's that different. Milan hadn't won 2 CL's in a row, nevermind 3 in 4 years. They were still good obviously, just two seasons after the CL win in 2003.

Liverpool still had decent players like Gerrard back then. Carragher was playing above himself. Luis Garcia became a big player seemingly out of nowhere. Was the squad worse? I'd say that's correct (Djimi Fecking Traore ffs), but the gulf in class between the teams is almost the same.

I'd also suggest that until Madrid concede 3 goals from a comfortable 3-0 winning position in a CL final, they most definitely do not have clearer weaknesses than they did. :lol:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

I'm not sure about Milan's consistency though. I still recall them losing 4-0 to Deportivo away from home the season before. Yes, with Nesta and Maldini as CBs as well.

And while you didn't have Salah in 2005, Hamann, Alonso and Gerrard was a much better midfield than the one you have now, Carragher/Hyppia was very solid (both of them certainly better than Lovren), and that Polish goalkeeper of yours had the best performance of his entire life in the final.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Gerrard and Xabi Alonso? (different positions but still)
Neither were performing at Salah’s level.
I think given Madrid's recent history in the competition, I'm not sure it's that different. Milan hadn't won 2 CL's in a row, nevermind 3 in 4 years. They were still good obviously, just two seasons after the CL win in 2003.

Liverpool still had decent players like Gerrard back then. Carragher was playing above himself. Luis Garcia became a big player seemingly out of nowhere. Was the squad worse? I'd say that's correct (Djimi Fecking Traore ffs), but the gulf in class between the teams is almost the same.

I'd also suggest that until Madrid concede 3 goals from a comfortable 3-0 winning position in a CL final, they most definitely do not have clearer weaknesses than they did. :lol:
i think there’s a gulf in terms of the players both teams have, but not necessarily as big a gulf when comparing how both teams have performed this season. We’ve scored 80 and conceded 37 after 36 league games, they’ve scored 82 and conceded 37 after 34 games in their league. We have 72 points, they have 71. The big difference is that their players know how to win these trophies whereas most of ours don’t.

That Milan side performed much better than we did and as you said, they won the CL two years prior to that final. Our 2005 side was miles behind that Milan team.

Minimalist

Neither were performing at Salah’s level.

i think there’s a gulf in terms of the players both teams have, but not necessarily as big a gulf when comparing how both teams have performed this season. We’ve scored 80 and conceded 37 after 36 league games, they’ve scored 82 and conceded 37 after 34 games in their league. We have 72 points, they have 71. The big difference is that their players know how to win these trophies whereas most of ours don’t.

That Milan side performed much better than we did and as you said, they won the CL two years prior to that final. Our 2005 side was miles behind that Milan team.
You're probably right to be fair. We'll find out soon.

catmandeu

Supports
north east united
I don't remember me having a rough childhood but I would like to see 2-1 Madrid. I hope Madrid score first, Liverpool make a come back at 88th minute and at 91st minute Madrid being awarded an unfair penalty and Ronaldo scores of it. Neither team shall able to enjoy the spoils .

Moriarty

This. Mind you, Liverpool offered United the pick of their reserve players too, as did Forest.

Gasolin

*Cough*.. we've won exactly the same amount as the whole of england combined. :p
Woohoo don't get too cocky, many of your first titles are like the Italian World Cup titles, they're a bit meaningless...

Raru9

I have a feeling.... they are gonna win it, isn't?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If you don't have invested interest in Liverpool losing this upcoming final then you're slightly detached from reality.
You are very much detached from reality if you think not caring about a game not involving your own team makes you less of a fan of your own team than someone else who does.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Have any of the 51 Liverpool voters been banned yet? Any so called United fan that has voted for them is not a United fan as far as I am concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.