RedCafe - Minute by Minute

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Every time there was a goal the was 25-30 lads posting

1-0 or Tevez or some bollox

not one person described the goal. Mind you the matchday threads are always far worse when the game isn't on tele, unfortunately those are the only time I ever venture into them, pages and pages of people crying out fpr streams. all stream talk should be banned
Believe it or not, it is.

twitter thread suggester
Not particularly easy doing a MbM thread when nowhere is showing the bloody game though eh, utter farce. United have millions of supporters across the globe, lets fleece them for all the money we can, but I know lets not actually let them watch all the games :rolleyes:
Didn't they show the match in Sweden on one of the Viasat channels?

It was live on Tv2Sport here in Denmark.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Axe welding rampage time?

I was in there for the second half tonight. Its not even specific posts its just too many people on the forum, posting the same shite, at the same time.

here is the stream someone posted earlier so props to him.

http://www.justin.tv/iraqgoals4
You just posted this, the stream that I'm watching, and its gone and turned off.

After the whole game watching it. Coincidence?

Someone is a cnut.
:lol: But seriously this really happened. I never even got to watch the end.

Now I'm not trying to lynch the guy but with all our collective minds and fingers is there not something we can do with this issue? Ban it completely? A separate thread asking for them and circulated through PM? Its only going to get more popular and in typical Weaste style if you nip it in the bud now it will be a lot better in the long run. :)

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Way to blow your own trumpet.
It really isn't like that though is it? There are far better posters on this site than me.

Its just I'd feel more of a prick calling other peoples posts shite, at least they have the opportunity to say the same about me. I'll delete them if you like?

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Axe welding rampage time?

I was in there for the second half tonight. Its not even specific posts its just too many people on the forum, posting the same shite, at the same time.

:lol: But seriously this really happened. I never even got to watch the end.

Now I'm not trying to lynch the guy but with all our collective minds and fingers is there not something we can do with this issue? Ban it completely? A separate thread asking for them and circulated through PM? Its only going to get more popular and in typical Weaste style if you nip it in the bud now it will be a lot better in the long run. :)
Why can't people find their own?

I do it every game no problems, it's not exactly rocket science, bunch of lazy cnuts the lot of them.

Had a great Sopcast one for this game that I found after a bit of searching and I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend half the game recieving spam from posters you don't even see most of the time anyway.

Anyway, matchday thread is a fecking joke, we'd be better off without it tbh, it serves no usefull purpose anymore, it's just full of retards slowing the site down.

Alex

Not particularly easy doing a MbM thread when nowhere is showing the bloody game though eh, utter farce. United have millions of supporters across the globe, lets fleece them for all the money we can, but I know lets not actually let them watch all the games :rolleyes:

The match thread is a massive farce. Someone was on to something when they said the whole bloody thing should be scrapped. If you're not gunna ban the posters who feck it up for everyone else, at least scrap the vehicle that allows them to be muppets
Someone brought up the the looney bin idea, and it keeping people from posting tons of insane threads in the Manchester United forum during the game, which is probably why the Match Day thread is a good idea, keeps a lot of frustration and insanity all in one place

Also it allows people a place to talk about the game in the preceding days prior to the match

B Cantona

Desperate
Just scrap the thing, and if they post garbage in other threads, ban em! Supposedly that's the whole point of being a moderator, to maintain forum standards, and not just being one for the sake of the title...

Anyway, there hasn't been a MbM for a few games? Given the game on Sat is a Setanta job, I don't mind doing it, is anyone else joining me?

x42bn6

Just scrap the thing, and if they post garbage in other threads, ban em! Supposedly that's the whole point of being a moderator, to maintain forum standards, and not just being one for the sake of the title...

Anyway, there hasn't been a MbM for a few games? Given the game on Sat is a Setanta job, I don't mind doing it, is anyone else joining me?
I can help.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The flaw in this argument is that it means us going through page after page of insanity in the matchday thread AND where do you stop? There could be carnage.

Although now that I think about it ................ :)

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Tonights mbM thread only had one person posting who shouldn't have been and even then right at the end. I have asked them not to again.

Now off to the matchday thread with a due sense of dread.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Wait a minute. There wasn't a MbM. I must have gone through an old Villareal thread. :lol:

Oh well. The point still stands.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Perhaps we need the matchday forum to keep the loons in the asylum AND to be there when a MbM can't/doesn't happen?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Thats incredibally short sighted Brad. The whole point of a matchday topic is all discussion during the match is located in there. Why should moderators have to spend time during the match to moderate dozens of topics that would be made by posters? Theres nothing wrong with the matchday topic, don't go in there, pretty simple really.

For the record, i've read through the redcafe forum rules and theres no mention of football streams. So if even mentioning streams is disallowed then perhaps actually writing a rule up would be a good idea?

RedCafe.net - Announcements in Forum : Admin/Mod Help Forum

B Cantona

Desperate
Nothing wrong with the matchday forum? Honestly?

Moderators don't have to do anything during the match. Come to any threads created after, and if they feel they're bad for the forum, i.e omg I ** Giggz posters, shed em

I quite like talking about the game as its on, if I happen to be watching at home. But whats the point of making a potentially half decent thought out comment, when it's instantly going to be knocked to the previous page by 30 people telling us as one that Tevez is shit?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Any chance anyone can do the Minute by Minute on Thursday? I'm going to be in a lecture so I won't be able to access any stream or see the match at all. So would be good to be updated. I am sure a lot of people will be at work and therefore in the same situation.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Any chance anyone can do the Minute by Minute on Thursday? I'm going to be in a lecture so I won't be able to access any stream or see the match at all. So would be good to be updated. I am sure a lot of people will be at work and therefore in the same situation.
Yep, I'll definitely be able to do it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Ooh, good point. First game this season I won't even be able to watch on a stream. Someone do the needful, would suck if my own creation wasn't there for me the only time I actually need it!

Count Duckula

Is the match on Thursday live in the UK? If so I can give the minute-by-minute a try. Not sure how good I'll be, though. Does it literally have to be every minute, or just when something exciting happens?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Is the match on Thursday live in the UK? If so I can give the minute-by-minute a try. Not sure how good I'll be, though. Does it literally have to be every minute, or just when something exciting happens?
Go for it CD.

I'm sure you'll be brilliant.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Definitely the latter. I get the impression that trying to capture all the action is a massive pain in the arse and reduces the overall quality of the report.

Brwned and CD it is then?

Good luck lads!

gerrydaly

Praying to have a guy on top of him
If I had critcism of today's thread, it is the lack of instant naming of the Osaka goalscorer.

Oh, and the needless foul language.

Brwned

Yeah, sorry for not knowing who scored when the commentator's can barely figure out who it is!

It's Gamba Osaka for christ's sake.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Brilliant job lads. Absolute life-savers. Really enjoyed your coverage.

"Maybe he crushed a bollock?"

:lol:

Too much foul language? This is football, for feck's sake, not a night at the ballet!

Pity about the interlopers in the thread. Are they just being thick? Or is a Match-Day forum ban in order?

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Good job to Brwned and CD, followed their coverage for 10 minutes before my lecture finished early.

gerrydaly

Praying to have a guy on top of him
Yeah, sorry for not knowing who scored when the commentator's can barely figure out who it is!

It's Gamba Osaka for christ's sake.
I was joking. All the minute by minute threads have been good. I even thought Alex got some unfair stick when he did it.

el eric

Great stuff Lads, despite been called Gypos at one stage

thread was great when youre in work. i had a quick glipmse of the normal matchday thread a h/t, glad i wasnt stuck in there for 90 mins

well done

Brwned

Well that's that done. Thanks for the kind words, guys, tried my best. Good to have a seasoned minute-by-minute pro like Brwned alongside me!
:lol:

And yet you still beat me to calling the goal every time! I could barely keep up in that 4 minute spell with Rooney's two goals and the goal for Osaka.

Much better match than he last MBM I did for the Villareal match, that was dull.