RedCafe - Minute by Minute

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Exactly, that's the problem, there should be no need for this. If you must do it, then why not create a sub forum in the matchday forum for these minute by minutes and create a usergroup with posting rights for it? That would be going down the route of Davo's old idea though wouldn't it?

I'm sorry to remind you, but this is supposed to be a discussion forum. What are people going to do, have two windows/tabs open - one to watch minute by minute posts, one to have the matchday thread where they can post? They could have done that anyway with a normal matchtracker and the matchday thread. It's not providing any service here, just replicating something that already exists alsewhere on the net, and replicating information that is already appearing in the matchday thread.

Is the idea to bring more traffic to the site? The thing can't hold itself up on a busy matchday in any case. Is it really a good idea to stress the server even more?

What happens when the nominated "commentators" don't turn up for whatever reason?

Sorry, this has not been thought through.

We have many of the same reservations Weaste but since it has been suggested why not try it? If it is a disaster we can always not do it again.

As for the match day thread I tend to agree. The only problem being that I can't usually watch the thread during the game to can the tards.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Guys, I am unable to do this as I have been called into work as the person who was supposed to be on shift didn't turn up so I've been called in, so I'm going to have to let you all down.

Perhaps Pogue wouldn't mind doing it, he'd be a far better choice anyway.

Sorry for the short notice.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Guys, I am unable to do this as I have been called into work as the person who was supposed to be on shift didn't turn up so I've been called in, so I'm going to have to let you all down.

Perhaps Pogue wouldn't mind doing it, he'd be a far better choice anyway.

Sorry for the short notice.
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!11

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
I'll fill in for Smurf today if you want. Was going out to watch the match, but plans were cancelled.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Exactly, that's the problem, there should be no need for this. If you must do it, then why not create a sub forum in the matchday forum for these minute by minutes and create a usergroup with posting rights for it? That would be going down the route of Davo's old idea though wouldn't it?

I'm sorry to remind you, but this is supposed to be a discussion forum. What are people going to do, have two windows/tabs open - one to watch minute by minute posts, one to have the matchday thread where they can post? They could have done that anyway with a normal matchtracker and the matchday thread. It's not providing any service here, just replicating something that already exists alsewhere on the net, and replicating information that is already appearing in the matchday thread.

Is the idea to bring more traffic to the site? The thing can't hold itself up on a busy matchday in any case. Is it really a good idea to stress the server even more?

What happens when the nominated "commentators" don't turn up for whatever reason?

Sorry, this has not been thought through.
It's not replicating a service that can be found elsewhere. Because none of the services elsewhere are written by fellow United fans. Fellow United fans we will usually know quite well.

And it's not the matchday thread information because the match-day thread isn't about providing this sort of information and hasn't been for at least a year. It's become forum for people who are already watching the game to vent at the team and each other.

Give this a chance, FFS.

B Cantona

Desperate
Phew I'm shattered! That's pretty intensive actually, respect has gone up for the guys who do it on the BBC and Sky. When United were just piling the pressure on, it's hard to get everything out and typed before the next attack comes! I got halted by the 30 second rule a few times

Think it was a little dry first half, but me and UAE warmed to it more second half. Hope folk felt it was of some use anyway, good luck to whoever does it next time out

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
Definitely hard keeping up with United at times in the second half:lol: Didn't mind that though. Feedback from people who used it would be nice to hear as well.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I thought it was a really good effort. Nice to see a match thread with some intelligent posts. If I could not the see the actual game then it would be a nice way to follow the game.

Merman

The official matchday thread was much better than it normally is. Could be the effect of this thread.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well done... I had a scan through at half time, good stuff. Some have commented that the other thread is better... probably because we don't need to tell some of you to stfu and stay on topic every other post now the info is readily available. You can be as retarded as you like now...

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Thought it was really well done. Makes a nice change.

Seems like a lot of effort though.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I just want to say I quite like the minute by minute - I had work to do and had to miss the game but I kept that thread open and refreshed periodically.

Great work Brad and uae.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
well done both lads, i only caught bits of the game and it's great to get a united perspective ... there are other minute by minutes and reports but form someone you 'know' it's a bit more enlightening ... i'd say ye were bollixed though ...

VP

Just scanned that thread. Brad and uae have done a great job, but it looks pretty tiring. I guess if we have 5 posters it could ease the burden.

zing

Zingle balls
Just skimmed that thread. They did an excellent job, but I think there'll be a shortage of volunteers after a few weeks. I wouldn't want to be typing on a forum during a football match. I can't multitask when I'm watching football.

kikks

Good job lads, I was at work during the game so thanks for keeping me updated! It's better to read descriptions of the goals from fellow fans than going into the matchday thread and seeing 300 "ROOONEEEY!!!!!!!!!!!" comments, or reading dry comments off the BBC etc.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Yeah it's on ITV. Living in uni halls so don't have a tv in my room. Should be ok with a stream so will pm Moses.