Film RedCafe's Favourite Movies Of All Time Contest (ROUND 1) - POLL ADDED (Genres Updated)

What method do you prefer for the contest ?

• Genre

• Decades

Results are only viewable after voting.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Also, if we're removing musicals then surely westerns should go too? They're both pretty niche genres...

Can replace them with Crime and War.
Westerns are definitely niche but I was going to use that category to take the load off others. You can have neo-westerns like No Country for Old Men and Hell or High Water, comedy-westerns like City Slickers and drama-westerns like Brokeback Mountain

diarm

I'll have a think about it and decide once the poll is completed tomorrow. I would rather iron this stuff out now rather than be messing about once we go beyond this round.

I'm thinking:

Round 1 - Action & Adventure
Round 2 - War & Western
Round 3 - Fantasy & Superhero
Round 4 - Crime & Noir
Round 5 - Comedy & Romance
Round 6 - Drama
Round 7 - Horror
Round 8 - Sci Fi
Round 9 - Thriller
Round 10 - Animation
For me, that list makes way more sense.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I'll have a think about it and decide once the poll is completed tomorrow. I would rather iron this stuff out now rather than be messing about once we go beyond this round.

I'm thinking:

Round 2 - War & Western
Round 3 - Fantasy & Superhero
Round 4 - Crime & Noir
Round 5 - Comedy & Romance
Round 6 - Drama
Round 7 - Horror
Round 8 - Sci Fi
Round 9 - Thriller
Round 10 - Animation
That works pretty well for me, thanks. I do think western could be in there though. Maybe combined with something. How about Sci-fi? It's a similar kind of relationship as between fantasy and superhero. (And they got a great middle ground in Firefly. Even if that's a series and Serenity won't make any lists.)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
That works pretty well for me, thanks. I do think western could be in there though. Maybe combined with something. How about Sci-fi? It's a similar kind of relationship as between fantasy and superhero. (And they got a great middle ground in Firefly. Even if that's a series and Serenity won't make any lists.)
Nah I think there are a lot more similarities in war and Western? It even rolls off the tongue!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
The lack of Con Air votes is infuriating. Literally the reason I'm in the career path I'm in... Come on people, stop being dickheads.

Suv666

Would Heat be considered action or crime?
My list-

Mad Max
Raid
Raid 2
Dark Knight
Dune

Ainu

1. Jurassic Park
2. Mad Max: Fury Road
3. John Wick
4. Die Hard
5. The Dark Knight

I'm not sure about Jurassic Park in this category, it's more of a suspenseful sci-fi to me, but a lot of people name it here. I draw the line at something like The Matrix though, that's definitely sci-fi to me.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The lack of Con Air votes is infuriating. Literally the reason I'm in the career path I'm in... Come on people, stop being dickheads.
I genuinely can't remember con air except the fact that I've seen it and it has Nick Cage in it.

pauldyson1uk

I concur.

Musicals can get fecked. Cats would've won anyway.
OH I dont know .
Grease
The Greatest Showman
Mamma Mia (I am a massive ABBA fan) are all very good
You also have West Side Story, Oliver, Tommy, Singing in the Rain, Cabaret, Oklahoma, Paint Your Waggon.
Could also add Saturday Night Fever at a push.

Last edited:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
OH I dont know .
Grease
The Greatest Showman
You also have West Side Story, Oliver, Tommy, Singing in the Rain, Cabaret, Oklahoma, Paint Your Waggon.
Is it possible to block a user but only when they post about movies? Asking for a friend

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I can't see Decades beating Genre in the poll at this stage so I have updated the rounds. If you have any issues with the new genre listings, speak up now or shut the feck up.

Would Heat be considered action or crime?
My list-

Mad Max
Raid
Raid 2
Dark Knight
Dune
Would Shichinin no Samurai fall under the 'Western' category or under this category?
Use your own judgement. As long as you can justify it then it's all good.
I genuinely can't remember con air except the fact that I've seen it and it has Nick Cage in it.
It's Nic Cage you jobber.
OH I dont know .
Grease
The Greatest Showman
There are some decent musicals like Greatest Showman, La La Land, Mamma Mia, Grease, Singin' In The Rain etc but I don't think this forum is ready for it :nervous:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

1. Oldboy
  2. Alien
  3. Goldfinger
  4. Mad Max: Fury Road
  5. Apocalypto