Revolution in Iran

Hanks

Words can't describe this pain....

Ali Daei's family are essentially hostages inside Iran now

Student of doctorate in History in Lyon University....just no words, this is our desperation

Hanks

2 more arrested protestors were executed today.

Also 3rd year anniversary of IRGC casually shooting down Ukrainian civilian Airliner flight PS752 with two missiles , killing all 176 on board, including 55 Canadian citizens.

Somehow the bastards simply got away with it due to Covid that followed ....

Their luck simply has to run out ...

----------------------------

In rosier news, there are strong rumours (we'll know for sure within a day or two) that the head of Tehran judiciary head, Abulghasem Salavati, the man who ruthlessly and for years has sentences people to death for political reasons, was assassinated by 5 shots yesterday.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
2 more arrested protestors were executed today.

Also 3rd year anniversary of IRGC casually shooting down Ukrainian civilian Airliner flight PS752 with two missiles , killing all 176 on board, including 55 Canadian citizens.

Somehow the bastards simply got away with it due to Covid that followed ....

Their luck simply has to run out ...

----------------------------

In rosier news, there are strong rumours (we'll know for sure within a day or two) that the head of Tehran judiciary head, Abulghasem Salavati, the man who ruthlessly and for years has sentences people to death for political reasons, was assassinated by 5 shots yesterday.

If the armed forces really are starting to turn to some degree then surely it is the beginning of the end. I wouldn't like to be a régime figurehead right now anyway.

The Firestarter

So funny you are. Seriously, you're sarcastically mocking one religion as being peaceful, do you think Christianity, Judiasm or any other prominent religion is peaceful?
Somehow the other religions managed to progress from the middle ages. Can't remember Monty Python being executed for filming a mockery of Christianity.

Pintu

Somehow the other religions managed to progress from the middle ages. Can't remember Monty Python being executed for filming a mockery of Christianity.
No they haven't... You are just gullible enough to think that.

Religions can be used for whatever intent. Putin is fighting a holy war in Ukraine to protect "Russian Orthodox faith" and he's butchering as many civilians as he wants to.

And of course, Ben Gvir and his friends in the Apartheid regime of Israel do seem to find all sort of excuses in Judaism that justifies torturing Palestinian kids...

The Firestarter

No they haven't... You are just gullible enough to think that.

Religions can be used for whatever intent. Putin is fighting a holy war in Ukraine to protect "Russian Orthodox faith" and he's butchering as many civilians as he wants to.

And of course, Ben Gvir and his friends in the Apartheid regime of Israel do seem to find all sort of excuses in Judaism that justifies torturing Palestinian kids...
Putin may use the aliens as a justificarion and the result would be the same.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So funny you are. Seriously, you're sarcastically mocking one religion as being peaceful, do you think Christianity, Judiasm or any other prominent religion is peaceful?
What's funny about my answer? It's your arcane religion, you need to own the bad parts of it & not pearl clutch. We are literally in a thread about the uprisings in Iran caused by your religion. Try not to whatabout. There's a dedicated thread for that.

Apparently you havent been much into the 'Religion, what's the point?' thread. I eschew & criticize all religions equally.

Pintu

Putin may use the aliens as a justificarion and the result would be the same.
And the fascist regime in Iran would be just as brutal had they been Hindu or Christian or something else. The Khamenei regime is the main problem. Islam is a tool.

And for more clarity, I also believe Bush would have butchered Iraqis had he been Muslim or Jew or whatever. He just happened to be Christian, leading what he considered to be a Christian nation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

Hanks

Really hope that judge news is true.
Nothing on that front yet, I'm afraid it might have been a cyber-attempt by regime to distract from the execution news and the PS752 downing anniversary.

As for Islam discussion, I was having a joke with some of my friends and family in Iran that if they ever immigrate to Canada and voice their views here, they'll be immediately branded as "Islamaphobic" :p. They joking responded we have Islamotrauma not Islamophobia.

Funny story, I had an Uber ride here in Canada the other day. My driver was Pakistani, and the Iran issue came up. And first he tried to say "It's all Western propaganda, I'm sure everything is fine" ....and after I cut him off and said no it's not...he changed his tune: "I don't know what those evil rulers are doing, but I promise you it's not the real Islam bla bla." Fact is, and I hear it, when you've suffered so much, you have little time for the semantics and explanations...you want to go to root cause. Especially now that executions happen right after morning prayers, even those are linked with religious practices. It really affects the psyche of the population.

He added: "I've never had an Iranian ride on my Uber who identifies as Muslim. The only country in the region whose diaspora at least are like that. Which is very true. I seriously don't think even the greatest "Western" or "Zionist" plot could turn a large percentage of Iranian population so against religion in less than half a century. Well done theocracy of IR !

Obviously inside Iran there are still a good portion of the population who's religious (but religious =/= IR supporter) , which probably don't think "Woman Life Freedom" is a virtue worth risking your lives for a revolution (sadly), but will do once Economic sitaution gets out of hand and the currency plummets further (November 2019 protests for example, started from economic issues and expanded more to social issues before regime ended it by massacring 1500 people in 5 days).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What's funny about my answer? It's your arcane religion, you need to own the bad parts of it & not pearl clutch. We are literally in a thread about the uprisings in Iran caused by your religion. Try not to whatabout. There's a dedicated thread for that.

Apparently you havent been much into the 'Religion, what's the point?' thread. I eschew & criticize all religions equally.
If you criticize all religions then fair game, no issues.

I'm not a very religious person by any stretch, but I do understand that religion should not be judged solely by the practices of those who have evil intentions. Many people though fail to understand that distinction. I can call Judiasm a religion of hatred because of how it is being practiced by the government of Israel, but I don't because I can distinguish between a religion and evil governments.

It's not religion that's progressed but the people practicing it, the books and scripture are the same. Both religions have crossed paths going in opposite directions since the middle ages, sadly.

The Firestarter

It's not religion that's progressed but the people practicing it, the books and scripture are the same. Both religions have crossed paths going in opposite directions since the middle ages, sadly.
Yes, of course its the people that define and shape the religion, it does not exist as a separate entity.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Khamenei ranting away on Twitter the last few days, speaking in terms of the recent enemy-contrived “disturbances” being over.

Bizarre how that account has been allowed a free reign on Twitter throughout the years.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Never forget, religion of peace.
I think for context, this was a cartoon in response to Khameini ordering death of Charlie Hebdi hosting a "lets draw Khameini" contest and not about the Muhammed cartoons specifically although i dont doubt its a factor in it.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

This is the most stereotypical American take if any. So these events have absolutely nothing to do with Iran today:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_...953 Iranian coup d,Pahlavi, on 19 August 1953.
Or
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Background_and_causes_of_the_Iranian_Revolution

None of this have anything to do with it. Just a bunch of religious loons that decided to go mad? It honestly wouldn't hurt if you educated yourself on why strict Islamic governments have been a thing since the 70's.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This is the most stereotypical American take if any. So these events have absolutely nothing to do with Iran today:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d'état#:~:text=The 1953 Iranian coup d,Pahlavi, on 19 August 1953.
Or
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Background_and_causes_of_the_Iranian_Revolution

None of this have anything to do with it. Just a bunch of religious loons that decided to go mad? It honestly wouldn't hurt if you educated yourself on why strict Islamic governments have been a thing since the 70's.
Oh dear.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
? You're just further showing your ignorance here
It’s your religion, sport. Gotta own it. Pearl clutching doesn’t absolve your religion in the slightest.

Imagine thinking that religion can be divorced from this saga, imagine being that sensitive about a fairytale. Imagine being that ignorant.

shamans

It’s your religion, sport. Gotta own it. Pearl clutching doesn’t absolve your religion in the slightest.

Imagine thinking that religion can be divorced from this saga, imagine being that sensitive about a fairytale. Imagine being that ignorant.
1) Not my religion
2) "Divorced from this saga" is quite the step down from "caused by your religion" that you so boldly claimed to the other poster there. Ironically, if you did decide to read the article you'd know its our country that is mainly responsible for the current mess in Iran.

However, it's clear you're not interested in learning but just pointing fingers.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
1) Not my religion
2) "Divorced from this saga" is quite the step down from "caused by your religion" that you so boldly claimed to the other poster there. Ironically, if you did decide to read the article you'd know its our country that is mainly responsible for the current mess in Iran.

However, it's clear you're not interested in learning but just pointing fingers.
The whole problem is religion. What set off the current revolt?

Well, religion cannot be divorced from this saga. It’s religion that is at the genesis of the current morass. My phrases may have changed, but the meaning is exactly the same.

You are keeping your streak alive of being on the wrong side of every debate. It’s uncanny. And please don’t think that you are edifying me in any way with your links.

shamans

The whole problem is religion. What set off the current revolt?

Well, religion cannot be divorced from this saga. It’s religion that is at the genesis of the current morass. My phrases may have changed, but the meaning is exactly the same.

You are keeping your streak alive of being on the wrong side of every debate. It’s uncanny. And please don’t think that you are edifying me in any way with your links.
And I thought "Florida man" was just a thing in the news.

Hanks

1) Not my religion

Dude, seriously, if you think theocratic dictatorship has nothing to do with religion, I'd gladly buy you a one-way ticket to Islamic Republic, so you can be enriched and enjoyed. I can't believe how not criticizing something that may or may not have happened 1500 years ago is more important than innocent human lives and suffering TODAY !!

Also, normie Westoids seem to only know Iranian history post 1953. Absolutely nothing before it and even after it. Long after the CIA-backed coup, almost 20 years later, Shah's regime reached its peak in terms of social rights, economic prosperity (Early 1970s same with oil boom) where Iran was the one single boss of the Middle East. so no, 1953 coup isn't responsible for the current mess. There is every single chance that even a democratic Mossadeq gov't would have been toppled in 1979 due to just complete idiocy of population, lack of access to information and religious brainwashing.

We're talking about a population that genuinely believed if you look deeply enough to the moon, you'll see Khomeini's photo. That's how insane propaganda was and not access to free internet or outside world like today for it to be immediately dispelled.

btw, after Islamic Republic state propaganda for months mocking Europe for its incoming "difficult winter" , there is now mass gas shortage in Iran to the point that many offices have been closed and on TV they are begging the population to save energy, wear warm clothing, and basically what they thought will be happening to Europe is happening to themselves, the 2nd biggest Gas producer and reserve-holding country in the world.

look at your neighbours.....Qatar hosted the most prestigious sporting event, Saudi attracts one of the all-time greats to live there and have booked hosting next Asian Cup in 2027 and bidding for WC 2030....whereas in Iran the league is being played without fans for 4 months in a row now, we have regular days where the whole country gets a holiday due to either extremely polluted weather and now gas shortage.

Their insane religious theocracy and all the evil and dictatorship that comes with it aside, they are soooo mismanaging every aspect of this god damn country, it's really a tragic tale. I don't think a single worst regime exists in the world, bar perhaps North Korea and Taliban.

shamans

Dude, seriously, if you think theocratic dictatorship has nothing to do with religion, I'd gladly buy you a one-way ticket to Islamic Republic, so you can be enriched and enjoyed. I can't believe how not criticizing something that may or may not have happened 1500 years ago is more important than innocent human lives and suffering TODAY !!

Also, normie Westoids seem to only know Iranian history post 1953. Absolutely nothing before it and even after it. Long after the CIA-backed coup, almost 20 years later, Shah's regime reached its peak in terms of social rights, economic prosperity (Early 1970s same with oil boom) where Iran was the one single boss of the Middle East. so no, 1953 coup isn't responsible for the current mess. There is every single chance that even a democratic Mossadeq gov't would have been toppled in 1979 due to just complete idiocy of population, lack of access to information and religious brainwashing.

We're talking about a population that genuinely believed if you look deeply enough to the moon, you'll see Khomeini's photo. That's how insane propaganda was and not access to free internet or outside world like today for it to be immediately dispelled.

btw, after Islamic Republic state propaganda for months mocking Europe for its incoming "difficult winter" , there is now mass gas shortage in Iran to the point that many offices have been closed and on TV they are begging the population to save energy, wear warm clothing, and basically what they thought will be happening to Europe is happening to themselves, the 2nd biggest Gas producer and reserve-holding country in the world.

look at your neighbours.....Qatar hosted the most prestigious sporting event, Saudi attracts one of the all-time greats to live there and have booked hosting next Asian Cup in 2027 and bidding for WC 2030....whereas in Iran the league is being played without fans for 4 months in a row now, we have regular days where the whole country gets a holiday due to either extremely polluted weather and now gas shortage.

Their insane religious theocracy and all the evil and dictatorship that comes with it aside, they are soooo mismanaging every aspect of this god damn country, it's really a tragic tale. I don't think a single worst regime exists in the world, bar perhaps North Korea and Taliban.
Read my response again. I clearly stated saying this is all "caused by religion" is a foolish take. Why do you think Iran has an existing theocratic dictatorship? You can't just glaze past 1953. Deposing a democratic government that was acting in the interest of its people (nationalizing oil) comes with consequences. The country is going to be a ticking time bomb after that just look at the various forced regime changes and how they end up. The common denominator is not religion but that they all turn to crap. In Iran, it took a form of theocratic crap.

I don't know who has romanticized Shah's regime and it's peak in the 1970s but there's no evidence of that. Forces that took part in the revolution: Seculars, Marxists and yes Islamists. The regime was seen as an authoritarian monarchy and a puppet to add to that. People were pissed. My uncle lived in Iran at the time and I have his accounts as well but this is (not so distant) history that you can look up yourself.

Of course the situation in Iran is horrible but don't treat the symptoms as the cause. An oppressive regime got replaced by one that turned out to be even more oppressive but what kicked it all of?

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Speaking of North Korea, the overwhelming majority there has no religion.

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
That would be quite the escalation from Israel though, if true.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
So the IAF has aerial dominance over Iran right now or are they referring to the drones as the IAF aircraft?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
That would be quite the escalation from Israel though, if true.
Not the first time they've done this sort of thing, and probably won't be the last, they see a serious threat against them they take action

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I don't keep track, all I know is they don't piss about!
They do not piss around; either by plane or computer virus, they’ll get ya.

Random Tweeter using John McClain as an avatar says since the 1980s, think that may be right (along with Iraq)…

Apparently Syria also has explosions seen / heard. No clue if it is related.

Last edited: