Revolution in Iran

WPMUFC

The state of international security disputes where "multiple drone attacks" can occur without any official announcement or terms is terrifying. They have completely unhinged warfare from any formality to seek engagement. Just send the drone up, attack your target and let everyone guess what is going on.

Twitter already saying Israel, i've seen a few non-credible reports trying to start conspiracies about Ukrainian sleepers getting revenge. Absolute chaos.

When a country is already simmering with internal revolution, i'd tread carefully on inter-state missile strikes.

Last edited:

Rajma

That’s for supplying drones and weapons to other terrorists (Russia), finally an action have been taken.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So I woke up, expecting the facility attack to be on the news but I'm seeing nothing. So a nothingburger then?

WPMUFC

Pintu

That’s for supplying drones and weapons to other terrorists (Russia), finally an action have been taken.
Not related at all. Seems to be some retaliation from Israel for the rocket attacks from Gaza (by a Palestinian milice loyal to the Iranian regime)…

https://m.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/article-729959

Israel is playing the incident mum, but most Western intelligence and Iranian sources have credited the Mossad with similarly successful attacks against Iran's Natanz nuclear facility in July 2020, a different Natanz nuclear facility in April 2021, another nuclear facility at Karaj in June 2021 and with destroying around 120 or more Iranian drones in February 2022.

There are also few organizations globally besides the Mossad which are reported to have the advanced and surgical strike capabilities displayed in the operation.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Or rather its the Israelis using western annoyance towards Iran for providing the Russians with drones, to advance their own objectives of hitting Iranian nuclear and/or conventional weapon sites. Two birds with one stone.

Revan

Assumptionman
So the IAF has aerial dominance over Iran right now or are they referring to the drones as the IAF aircraft?
Israel has F-35 and they can fly over Iran without getting detected. They even acknowledged that a couple of months ago when they flies over Teheran

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Israel has F-35 and they can fly over Iran without getting detected. They even acknowledged that a couple of months ago when they flies over Teheran
Wow, wasn’t aware of that. Impressive. Wasn’t aware the F-35s threw off that small of a signature.

Simbo

Anyone at all apart from wsj quoting "sources" claiming its Israel?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
How does this impacts the protests? Do people keep going or do they calm down because the country is being attacked?

If it's the second, could the israelis be doing it on purpose since they seem to like the current iranian boogeyman?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
How does this impacts the protests? Do people keep going or do they calm down because the country is being attacked?

If it's the second, could the israelis be doing it on purpose since they seem to like the current iranian boogeyman?
Why would they like the current regime when they are literally attacking it right now.

Last edited:

The United

With brutal suppression and (if) the arm forces being on the regime side, the protests had to calm down. I would be surprised if there are visible protests in big cities still occurring at this point.

I don't think that the attacks would impact the protests either way.

Hanks

Probably the biggest and most important event of last two months happened today. The 8 main opposition figures had a joint press conference (4 in person, 4 joining in video), and answered questions for 2 hours, and claims they are working on a constitution for the temporary government after the regime collapses until the referendum day when the people could vote on the future of Iran. The 8 people conference included:

- Crown Prince, Reza Pahlavi
- Women's Right Activist, Masih Alinejad
- Human Rights Ambassador, Nazanin Boniadi
- Spokesperson for PS752 Flight Victims, Hamed Esmailion
- Activist and Actress, Golshifteh Farahani
- Soccer Player and Activist, Ali Karimi
- Former Nobel Price Winner, Shirin Ebadi
- and leader of one of the Kurdish parties.

This was the first time in 44 years that all opposition to Islamic Republic had convened together, and on the eve of the anniversary of that harrowing dark night. They offered alliance and said despite not agreeeing on everything of course, they are united for the common goal of overthrowing the Islamic Regime, and helping to establish a temporary gov't until referendum (so country won't fall into anarchy) and working with other influential individuals and parties.

Also interesting how Mir-Hussein Mousavi, the leader of 2009 Green Movement who's been under house arrest since 2010/11 a few days ago made a statement saying Iran needs a new constitution and the current IR constitution is void and not the answer and he admitted to his mistakes. Since Mousavi was part of IR's killing machine in 80s, many opposition figures were against it, but Crown Prince came in support of Mousavi's statement and said we need to be united now and internal switching is key to our success. He kind of forced Mousavi to pick a side....completely on the overthrow side, or still not sure...well done Reza.

Zahedan continues to be the heartbeat of protests on Fridays....and based on my sources the level of nightly chanting against regime was highest in over a month tonight at the same time as this meeting this place.

Big protests are planned tomorrow outside Iran (44th anniversary of the day we got fecked) and Thursday inside Iran (40th day since execution of two freedom fighters) ...

Also, Pahlavi and Alinejad have been invited to Munich Security Conference in the end of Feb. That's a very big news, since no IR official has been invited due to their supplying of drones to Russia. It means the West could be officially recognizing an Iranian opposition alternative. One based on secular democracy and values of "Women, Life, Freedom"

Last edited:

Hanks

What’s your opinion on her if you don’t mind?
I really admire Masih's work and perseverance. She did some much groundwork in the past few years with her "White Wednesdays" campaign against compulsory hijab , despite threats against her family and her brother in Iran being abducted by the regime.

She's a fearless fighter and managed to get a direct meeting with Macron a couple of months ago. She's definitely a force for good, and while I much prefer Pahlavi's realpolitik and political class and nuance, only an IR-cyber-militia member would try to discredit Masih's work which have been providing much more good than bad over the last half a decade.

While I wish she wasn't a direct employee of VOA, but that has been her platform and she has made Iranian AND Afghan women (they really are our sisters), so I have lots of respect for her. I hold international relations events here in Toronto every two weeks and I can't tell how many times Afghan participants have told me the path to Afghan freedom crosses Tehran. as if, if our revolution succeeds, it could be a gateway for Afghanistan to get rid of Taliban.

Having said that, none of them have political class and nuance and maturity of Reza Pahlavi. He is truly a statesman that really make me proud to be Iranian, and I really hope he gets to live to visit to his homeland and we can bury his great father in Tehran soon.

I have a very hard leftie family member who's been very Pahlavi-sceptic all this time, but after today he messaged and said he's convinced by Reza and he fully stands behind him and the rest of the committee.

I can't stress how important this meeting today was. It feels like a whole new bloodline injected into the opposition and protests and i fully expect to see the impacts on the streets soon in the new and second wave of mass protests.

I myself don't know what I will vote for if we topple the regime tomorrow and had a referendum, but as Golshifteh and Ali Karimi said today, it'll be the greatest day in Iranian history because we'll be able to practice democracy for the first time ever and celebrate our difference in opinions and thoughts instead of fighting over it.

What was also to note is that Ali Karimi (a Pahlavi supporter) gave her support to Farahani (more of a republican secular and leftie) to represent the Actor/Athlete community in a joint speech. It really felt like a joint coalition regardless of individual differences to focus on our common and most primary goal of removing the Islamic Republic.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CofvNKHM4Cc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Hanks

Just a random story, but a few days ago I was taking an Uber in downtown Toronto and my driver was this middle aged Pakistani man. While his political opinions were mostly skeptical of Western narrative (we talked about Russo-Ukrainian war) (my gf's family is half Ukrainian-half Russian) , he mentioned that Iran in the 70s was way too progressive for the nation and unfortunately that proved to be Shah's undoing because the population wasn't as modern, forward-thinking and progressive as the people, he wished us luck in our revolution. He said Shah got too powerful and rich (70s oil boom) for the Western elite and that's why they had to get rid of him. We also talked about Musharaf, Bhutto, and the Azerbaijan-Amernia conflict. love a good Uber chat here, I tell you.

As someone born in 1991 who's only memory of Iran, is this Iran-hating mullahs...it almost made me cry to hear that. What could have been ,but also today made me more opsitmictic than ever before that we will succeed. It'll take some month and maybe over a year, but I have little doubt that Islamic Republic will be in garbage bin of the history before 2025 latest, and hopefully sooner.

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Just a random story, but a few days ago I was taking an Uber in downtown Toronto and my driver was this middle aged Pakistani man. While his political opinions were mostly skeptical of Western narrative (we talked about Russo-Ukrainian war) (my gf's family is half Ukrainian-half Russian) , he mentioned that Iran in the 70s was way too progressive for the nation and unfortunately that proved to be Shah's undoing because the population wasn't as modern, forward-thinking and progressive as the people, he wished us luck in our revolution. He said Shah got too powerful and rich (70s oil boom) for the Western elite and that's why they had to get rid of him. We also talked about Musharaf, Bhutto, and the Azerbaijan-Amernia conflict. love a good Uber chat here, I tell you.

As someone born in 1991 who's only memory of Iran, is this Iran-hating mullahs...it almost made me cry to hear that. What could have been ,but also today made me more opsitmictic than ever before that we will succeed. It'll take some month and maybe over a year, but I have little doubt that Islamic Republic will be in garbage bin of the history before 2025 latest, and hopefully sooner.
The shah was disconnected from reality and was a part of an authoritarian murderous regime. You went from that to a worse regime but it’s really silly to see certain western Iranians try and glorify the shahs time.

The rot started once the US started to meddle with Iranian democracy

Hanks

Shamans, I really think you have a very skewed and biased view regarding Pahlavi era. As a 100% Iranian with lots of family members and relatives inside and outside the country, I would say with confidence that 85% of them minimum would have the Shah back immediately, and I don't think they'd so gladly and openly say it if it was such a ruthless "murderous dictatorship". Anyways, of course we'll disagree on that, but I have the numbers and survey and poll results to show you the popularity of Reza Pahlavi even INSIDE Iran. This poll (link to pdf to see more details available too) came out last week. I'll highlight some of the most telling bits:

The survey was conducted December 21-31, 2022. 158,000+ respondents inside #Iran, and 42,000+ outside Iran competed the survey.

1.1 Islamic Republic: Yes or No?-
80.9% NO , 15.3% YES

1.2 Alternative Regime Types
Iranians INSIDE: 28.5% Presidential republic, 22.3% Constitutional Monarchy, 12% Parlimientary republic
Iranians OUTSIDE: 32% Presidential republic, 29.3% Parliamentary republic, 25% ConstitutionalMonrachy

-as you can see there is a very solid level for constitutional monarchy inside and outside Iran. It isn't just some Western Iranians.

1.3 The 2022 Nationwide Protests
Iranians INSIDE: I agree & think they will succeed 67.3%! , I agree & think they will not succeed 13%
Iranians OUTSIDE: I agree& think they will succeed 89.8%!!, I agree but don't think they will succeed 9%

1.4 Reactions to the Soccer Team Losing to USA in the WC
Inside Iran:46.4% felt happy, 23.2% felt sad, 30% felt nothing
Outside Iran: 55.& felt happy, 8% felt sad, 36^ felt nothing

last but not least, when asked about: Respondent's First Choice of Individuals for the Solidarity Council

Inside Iran:
1. Reza Pahlavi 32.8% , Ali Daei 9.3%, Hamed Esmailion 7.3%, Ali Karimi 5.3%, Hossein Ronaghi 4.8%

Outside Iran:
1. Reza Pahlavi 40.7%, Hamed Esmailion12.9%,Nasrin Sotoudeh 6.6%, Masih Alinejad5.7%, Hossein Ronaghi 5.6%

https://gamaan.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/GAMAAN-Protests-Survey-English-Report-Final.pdf

Again, Pahlavi leads both camps and by some distance too. This wouldn't be the case if people genuinely thought of his father as ruthless bloodthirsty monster.

Anyways, can't wait to see how the protests of Thursday will plan out. It's been some real great momentum the past week...Look at these numbers yesterday:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Shamans, I really think you have a very skewed and biased view regarding Pahlavi era. As a 100% Iranian with lots of family members and relatives inside and outside the country, I would say with confidence that 85% of them minimum would have the Shah back immediately, and I don't think they'd so gladly and openly say it if it was such a ruthless "murderous dictatorship". Anyways, of course we'll disagree on that, but I have the numbers and survey and poll results to show you the popularity of Reza Pahlavi even INSIDE Iran. This poll (link to pdf to see more details available too) came out last week. I'll highlight some of the most telling bits:

The survey was conducted December 21-31, 2022. 158,000+ respondents inside #Iran, and 42,000+ outside Iran competed the survey.

80.9% NO , 15.3% YES

Iranians INSIDE: 28.5% Presidential republic, 22.3% Constitutional Monarchy, 12% Parlimientary republic
Iranians OUTSIDE: 32% Presidential republic, 29.3% Parliamentary republic, 25% ConstitutionalMonrachy

-as you can see there is a very solid level for constitutional monarchy inside and outside Iran. It isn't just some Western Iranians.

Iranians INSIDE: I agree & think they will succeed 67.3%! , I agree & think they will not succeed 13%
Iranians OUTSIDE: I agree& think they will succeed 89.8%!!, I agree but don't think they will succeed 9%

last but not least, when asked about: Respondent's First Choice of Individuals for the Solidarity Council

Inside Iran:
1. Reza Pahlavi 32.8% , Ali Daei 9.3%, Hamed Esmailion 7.3%, Ali Karimi 5.3%, Hossein Ronaghi 4.8%

Outside Iran:
1. Reza Pahlavi 40.7%, Hamed Esmailion12.9%,Nasrin Sotoudeh 6.6%, Masih Alinejad5.7%, Hossein Ronaghi 5.6%

https://gamaan.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/GAMAAN-Protests-Survey-English-Report-Final.pdf

Again, Pahlavi leads both camps and by some distance too. This wouldn't be the case if people genuinely thought of his father as ruthless bloodthirsty monster.

Anyways, can't wait to see how the protests of Thursday will plan out. It's been some real great momentum the past week...Look at these numbers yesterday:

That’s an incredible sight in LA.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

80.9% NO , 15.3% YES

Inside Iran:

Outside Iran:

I would be interesting to see where those polls were taken from, what I understand from the Shahs time is that the wealthy class in the major cities did really well but it wasn't great for those of lower income and living outside major cities.

It's similar to President Musharraf in Pakistan where I'm from, I remember when I was a teen during his them things were generally great. The economy was going well, things were generally safe. But that was for me living in an 'elite' family household, which was very sheltered from the rest of Pakistan. Bombs were going of elsewhere because it was the start of the war on terror but they didn't happen in high income areas.

I'm sure if you ask people from that background about that time, they'll say it was a good period. But then if you ask others, they'll hate it. I remember talking to a friend, who was from Balochistan, in high school and I said Musharraf was great, he snapped at me anger like I'd never seen him and told me never to talk about Musharraf to him again. It was obviously because Musharraf did some sh*t in the region and it effected him.

Just like Reza did sh*t to his opposition because he was a dictator himself, so you'd need to see things from a whole perspective.

Frasbul

everclear is a cool band. yeah they still exist.
I really admire Masih's work and perseverance. She did some much groundwork in the past few years with her "White Wednesdays" campaign against compulsory hijab , despite threats against her family and her brother in Iran being abducted by the regime.

She's a fearless fighter and managed to get a direct meeting with Macron a couple of months ago. She's definitely a force for good, and while I much prefer Pahlavi's realpolitik and political class and nuance, only an IR-cyber-militia member would try to discredit Masih's work which have been providing much more good than bad over the last half a decade.

While I wish she wasn't a direct employee of VOA, but that has been her platform and she has made Iranian AND Afghan women (they really are our sisters), so I have lots of respect for her. I hold international relations events here in Toronto every two weeks and I can't tell how many times Afghan participants have told me the path to Afghan freedom crosses Tehran. as if, if our revolution succeeds, it could be a gateway for Afghanistan to get rid of Taliban.

Having said that, none of them have political class and nuance and maturity of Reza Pahlavi. He is truly a statesman that really make me proud to be Iranian, and I really hope he gets to live to visit to his homeland and we can bury his great father in Tehran soon.

I have a very hard leftie family member who's been very Pahlavi-sceptic all this time, but after today he messaged and said he's convinced by Reza and he fully stands behind him and the rest of the committee.

I can't stress how important this meeting today was. It feels like a whole new bloodline injected into the opposition and protests and i fully expect to see the impacts on the streets soon in the new and second wave of mass protests.

I myself don't know what I will vote for if we topple the regime tomorrow and had a referendum, but as Golshifteh and Ali Karimi said today, it'll be the greatest day in Iranian history because we'll be able to practice democracy for the first time ever and celebrate our difference in opinions and thoughts instead of fighting over it.

What was also to note is that Ali Karimi (a Pahlavi supporter) gave her support to Farahani (more of a republican secular and leftie) to represent the Actor/Athlete community in a joint speech. It really felt like a joint coalition regardless of individual differences to focus on our common and most primary goal of removing the Islamic Republic.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CofvNKHM4Cc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
I am honestly disgusted by your support of the Pahlavi family. This is the problem of us Iranians. From one dictator to the other. What the hell.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
@Hanks ill look at your survey results in detail and not arguing what Iranians want in this moment but discussing it from a historical perspective: why are you hesitant to admit that if not for U.S meddling you probably wouldn’t have the current situation? If there was no Shah there would be no revolution.

No matter what the intentions absolute power and dictatorship always corrupts

Hanks

The crown prince, Reza Pahlavi, was in Oxford today giving a speech. He's also had multiple interviews last 2 weeks with big foreign media and had an interview with Guardian. I'm a bit worried about his safety since he's so open in public, given that IRGC is very active in UK and recently they forced Iran International to close offices in London due to terrorist threats to their journalist and office.

Meanwhile Iranian currency now stands at around 60,000 for 1 dollar....in context, when the protests started in September, it was around 29,000.....and in 1979 under Shah, it was 7 to 1.

The Iranian revolution is at a do-or-die moment, requiring western governments to give their full, active support or risk seeing the movement’s impact wane, Reza Pahlavi, the oldest son of the former Shah of Iran who was deposed in 1979, has said in a Guardian interview.

Pahlavi said there were signs that if the west imposed maximum pressure, the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) and some reformist politicians would desert the regime.

Exiled since he was 17 and sometimes described as the “crown prince”, Pahlavi has joined forces with high-profile young activists inside and outside Iran to forge an alliance. They are trying to draw up a charter based on a set of secular democratic principles, which a constituent assembly would use as the basis of a constitution to be put to a referendum.

The charter was due to have been published at the end of February but was temporarily delayed to allow for the consultation of Kurdish groups.

Pahlavi, who is on a European tour, has two key demands of the west: to help Iranians avoid the regime’s suppression of the internet, and to proscribe, rather than just impose sanctions on, the IRGC.

He said: “The reason the revolution is continuing is because everybody understands this is do-or-die. Iranians are calling for ‘death to the dictator’. They are getting shot in the eyes and, if not, imprisoned or tortured or executed, and they are still standing there. The world needs to respond and be on their side.”

So far, the campaign, which was given a platform at the Munich security conference instead of the Iranian foreign ministry, has been unable to persuade either the EU or the UK to proscribe the IRGC. The suspicion is that diplomats fear proscription would kill the small chance of reviving the Iran nuclear deal. The CIA director, William Burns, said on Sunday that Iran was nearing the uranium-enrichment level of a nuclear state, but had not resumed weaponisation.

Pahlavi said: “Political expediency often has a problem with freedom-loving movements. The fact some governments are suggesting the protests are tapering off is perhaps because they want to justify some re-engagement and negotiations. It’s a bit like South Africa at the end of apartheid. Governments tried to ignore the issue until it was impossible to do so.”

In parallel with supporting labour strikes in Iran, he said proscription of the IRGC would cripple its operations worldwide. He said the IRGC, as distinct from the regular army, “is an armed paramilitary mafia that controls every aspect of the country, but only the top echelons of the IRGC benefit from this. The lower ranks have to decide if they want to be used as an instrument of repression, or to consider this regime is on its last legs and they should take the exit strategy being offered to them, through truth and reconciliation, and return to the bosom of the nation. In my vision of regime change, the lower paramilitary ranks peel away from the regime, but that requires maximum pressure by the west.”

He said there were signs that some reformist politicians – those he said were in the “grey zone” – such as Mir Hosssein Mousavi, the former prime minister, were realising the regime was not capable of reform. “The discourse of the reformists is increasingly: ‘Forget about reform. It is not going to work, and we need to think past this regime.’ There is a convergence with what we are saying.”

Pahlavi denied his presence in the new opposition alliance harked back to the past, or made the movement ideologically incoherent. “I am not here to be president or the next monarch. I am here to use my political capital and the trust that people have in me to be instrumental in helping the transition process. My only mission in life is to see the day the Iranians go to the polls and decide their own fate.”

But, he added: “If afterwards I can contribute by helping to institutionalise checks on concentration of power, or corruption, or abuse of power or a new political culture… that is where I think I can be most effective”.

He said some saw value in the institution of the monarchy, as a force bringing the country together. “I want to be a neutral element. I am neither in the camp of the monarchists or republicans.”

As to the record of his father, who was accused of human rights abuses and corruption, he said: “I am my own person with my own thoughts.” But nor did he disown his father’s rule, brought to an end by the 1979 revolution. “Obviously there were some mistakes made. Nobody denies that. But net, if you look at the balance, most people say the country was moving forward. Iran was prospering. Had it not been for this revolution, we should at least have been South Korea. Instead, we are North Korea.”

He said he did not condone torture, and denied it was ever state policy. “People do not look at me as going back to the past. They look at me and see someone moving towards a future.”

He dismissed suggestions the current campaign had no purchase inside Iran, and was just a motley collection of diaspora activists. “It originates from inside Iran, and that is why it has legitimacy. This is not something we concocted to export to Iran. Quite the opposite. We are the voice of those inside Iran that cannot openly advocate for obvious reasons. It is a diverse group: left, right, centre, republicans and monarchists.”

He said he welcomed other political charters being floated, as they had been in recent days, and said his alliance’s proposal would be worthless if it did not have signoff from within Iran. “In terms of time, we do not have a gun to our head. If people need time to consult, so be it.”

He argued the revival of the nuclear deal – the joint comprehensive plan of action (JCPoA) – would only benefit China, not the west. “It is curious to me that the Biden administration is so hell-bent on rejuvenating a JCPoA, when first time round the west did not benefit economically. As long as this regime is in power there will be a complete block on cooperating with the west. That is the mindset.”

But that does not lead Pahlavi to support a military attack on Iran’s nuclear sites, which Israel favours. He said he understood Israel felt it faced an existential threat, but “we cannot jump from failed diplomacy to military confrontation. There is a third way, and that is to give that extra push to the people in the streets to help end this regime. It would be historically criminal not to give that process a chance before you resort to other options.”
He was also on French TV the other day (he speaks fluent French as well as English ofc), and is scheduled to speak before the European Parliament later this week.

*** From inside Iran, there have been systematic food poisoning attacks on female schools in Qom and Boroujerd and another city and even IR officials have confirmed it's intentional and "done by groups opposed to female education as a whole" ... One 11-year-old girl, Fatemeh Rezaei, died of poisoning yesterday. The regime is out for revenge...for anyone who still thinks these monsters are capable of reform.

Big 3-day protest has been called for Char-shanbe-soori, the last Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday before Nowruz....the hyperinflation is off the chart, and overall the country is a complete mess.

btw, Very disappointing of some EU foreign ministers to meet with IR foreign minister in Geneva today and legitimize that liar who claims not a single soul has been killed in the protests. Take your phony support of cutting your hair elsewhere, that means nothing. THIS is a stab in the back...really blackpilled now. It's amazing how much EU and to an extent Biden admin are obsessed with reviving JCPOA, which would give so much money to the regime if revived, saving it from economic and eventual collapse. also, IRGC officers last 2 weeks have literally directly claimed they plan attacks in Europe as well as assassinate Trump, Pompeo, and whoever carried out the drone order on Soleimani.I have no idea why UK/EU are so hesitant to put IRGC on a terrorist list. them and MEK...how the hell are those two organizations not on the terror list? IRGC on terrorist list in EU/UK is the massive catalyst that would fast-forward the revolution.

On other note, I ran a poll on our 50-people high school Telegram chat (we're all in mid 30s now), most people in chat still live in Iran, about what type of government would you want on a referendum after Islamic regime is gone.

interesting, so far it's a very even 3-horse race between Presidential Republic, Constitutional Monarchy, and Parliamentary Republic.....the day we get to that referendum, would be the most awesome day ever, since we get to finally practice democracy. Still, lots of work to be done....just put IRGC on terror list ffs....I'm so worried they may attempt to assassinate Pahlavi.

btw, IRGC offered 1000 sq meters of valuable land in Iran to the terrorist that attempted to assassinate Salman Rushdie a few months ago.

Hanks

@Hanks ill look at your survey results in detail and not arguing what Iranians want in this moment but discussing it from a historical perspective: why are you hesitant to admit that if not for U.S meddling you probably wouldn’t have the current situation? If there was no Shah there would be no revolution.

No matter what the intentions absolute power and dictatorship always corrupts
Hey shamans, sorry for late reply. Just saw this.

Personally, I'm not as in love with Mosaddeq as Western folks are (I genuinely think Mossadeq is more popular among Western academics than among Iranians) , since I truly suspect he'd have us tilting towards the Soviet empire had he remained in power (he had very leftie views at the height of the cold war, could only end one way)...but I also think had Mossadeq remained in power, the 1979 could have still happened, because I guess our country OWED a period of governance to religious zealots and Mullahs, so was their strong lobby and propaganda at the time.

Internet and access to information has changed everything, it's insane that 44 years ago, people genuinely believed that if they look at the moon long enough, they see Khomeini's face. Or just that they believed that water, gas, and oil will be free for Iranians and everyone will get a free house (Khomeini told people to stop buying houses late at Shah time, since he promised he'll make everyone a house owner for free)...or that Khomeini genuinely had this quote: "Economy is for animals like donkeys. Only shallow people care about the economy. There are more important things n life like Islam and god."

This was the level of his propaganda at the time. I've been watching lots of documentaries about those times lately. Really sad