Television Rick & Morty

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Enjoyed the third one too, the ending felt pretty emotional. Really strong start to the season!
I dunno why but I feel like they absolutely nail the music choices in the more emotional episodes, the song they were playing throughout the episode was brilliant.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Not as laugh-out-loud funny as the first two eps but still a fun watch. I'm curious as to why they now allow swearing without bleeping it out but pixelated what I assume was a perfectly fine set of elbow titties.

Excellent end credits scene again :lol:

Sylar

That episode was... Something

It felt like somebody just wanted to say sperm a lot

GazTheLegend

New episode was meh but I quite like that they've dialled back the Reddit esque nihilistic angst this season so far. The season before felt a bit too on the nose for my liking.

On a bit of a tangent has anyone ever played the Rick and Morty VR experience or indeed accounting+? I'm trying accounting+ and it's been pretty fecking hilarious (it's about the length of a Rick and Morty episode for £3 though so it's not exactly long)

AltiUn

The last episode (sperm one) was really bad. Probably one of the worst of all the show?
I think it’s the worst ever, alongside the dragon one. When they get overly sexual I just find it weird.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I enjoyed the dragon one way more than the latest ep.

I'm half-hoping it was purposefully shit and the reasons for that will be explained in an upcoming episode, but probably not.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
How involved is Dan Harmon in the writing nowadays? He hasn't written anything since Season 3. Say what you want about the guy but he knows how to tell a story.

Rob Schrab was amazing on Harmon's podcast but he always needed someone like Jeff or Spencer to control his wackiness (Schrab wrote episode 3 this season). Not sure if that's relevant but I've already typed it.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Another lacklustre episode :(

There were some funny bits in the pleasure/pain Hellraiser segments but they were few and far between.

Starting to think shorter seasons are the way to go.

Sylar

It was ok.
It got a little weird (I mean what you consider too weird for a R&M) but it had some funny moments too

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Yeah the turkey episode felt like a return to some of the classic, un-meta Rick & Morty episodes. I'm not a huge fan of the president character in the show, just because of his position he can't quite be as whacky as he might need to be to fit into the whole universe of the show, but the episode worked well.

I followed up with episode 7 that had leaked a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it, could end up being a bit of a classic. Ridiculous premise well carried out, all the members of the family interacting with each other... it worked well. I also love how Rick calls Summer "Sum-Sum", weirdly endearing.

Sylar

Yeah the turkey episode felt like a return to some of the classic, un-meta Rick & Morty episodes. I'm not a huge fan of the president character in the show, just because of his position he can't quite be as whacky as he might need to be to fit into the whole universe of the show, but the episode worked well.
I just realised, the writers / staff do a one minute thing after the episode talking about the episode, which is great. Even if it doesnt land, its always great hearing their thoughts.

I know what you mean by the president. If he was a position lower acting on behalf of the president, I could see it working.
But then again, its R&M and everybody including the president knows about the batshit universe so im not too bothered as well :lol:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
The sci-fi movie references were particularly strong with this one.

Better than the previous two for sure, but the first three still stand out as far as this season goes.

AltiUn

I've watched episode 7 after seeing it was leaked and I honestly think season 5 has been a really strong season overall. I do kinda miss the grander, overarching plots of the first 3 seasons but the creators sound like they didn't want to take it in that direction which is fair enough.

Sylar

I liked this episode too. It was sorta a riff on Power Rangers.

The after credits part was hilarious.

Sylar

Enjoyed yesterdays ep with the return of BP. It was a fun episode I think maybe bar one, possibly two episodes, this season has been great.

AltiUn

Really good episode again.
Does anyone else think that memory Rick mentioning that Beth was dead means the "fake" memory at the beginning of season 3 might actually be real?

Sylar

Really good episode again.
Does anyone else think that memory Rick mentioning that Beth was dead means the "fake" memory at the beginning of season 3 might actually be real?
Remind me what you mean
Are you saying that she actually isn't or is dead?

AltiUn

This season has been a weird mix of the best and worst episodes the series has to offer. Great finale, the animation on this show never ceases to impress me.