Robben

Franq

You are probably talking the most sense on here
:houllier::houllier::houllier:

1. SAF saying no more signings doenst mean sh*t... he could well make a class signing and then say "well this unexpected opportunity presented itself and we felt like taking advantage off it" while actually having planned for it all the way...
2. robben falls to the ground a bit much and he's selfish, but he definitely is no cnut...
3. Robben wont ever go to shitty
4. Nani? Maybe he is playing relatively ok for his standards, but robben > nani and not by a small bit either... I mean, have you ever seen nani make devasting runs which actually resulted in a goal or scoring opportunity like Robben? Just youtube "robben goal" and you'll see dozens of goals after terrific runs at the opposition... Nani can only score when he gets lucky with his long range kicks when he cuts inside...

Donut

1. SAF saying no more signings doenst mean sh*t... he could well make a class signing and then say "well this unexpected opportunity presented itself and we felt like taking advantage off it" while actually having planned for it all the way...
2. robben falls to the ground a bit much and he's selfish, but he definitely is no cnut...
4. Nani? Maybe he is playing relatively ok for his standards, but robben > nani and not by a small bit either... I mean, have you ever seen nani make devasting runs which actually resulted in a goal or scoring opportunity like Robben? Just youtube "robben goal" and you'll see dozens of goals after terrific runs at the opposition... Nani can only score when he gets lucky with his long range kicks when he cuts inside...
Funny that you're from Netherlands...

You're seriously underrating Nani. He has huge potential and this season's signs are very encouraging.

starman

In terms of the of calibre player he is I would love for him to come, he would be a more than adequate replacement for Ronaldo or Giggs for that matter, for me as a attacking outlet he is as good as Ribery, if not better and would cost a lot less.

But what I would have a problem with is he has already had his chance and turn us down for more money...hes not a player that really wants to play for Manchester United, not forgetting he is fairly injury prone and a bit of a fairy.

About him being selfish, he is actually no more selfish then Ronaldo is, it’s just that Ronaldo has a better end product.

Crerand Legend

Any chance you are Robben or perhaps a close relative,you seem a bit touchy about him and seem to know alot about him

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

In fairness he shouldnt have gone chelsea - inspite of the reasons. He could have said I will only play for United.

He's a top player and when people talk about top players, it's very hard to not say, 'it'd be a great move' - so i'd rather trust the club make the right choice.

If we did sign him, it might say more about hargreaves then any of our wingers as maybe Valencia could do a job in the middle? We'll have to wait and see :)

jb8521

4. Nani? Maybe he is playing relatively ok for his standards, but robben > nani and not by a small bit either... I mean, have you ever seen nani make devasting runs which actually resulted in a goal or scoring opportunity like Robben? Just youtube "robben goal" and you'll see dozens of goals after terrific runs at the opposition... Nani can only score when he gets lucky with his long range kicks when he cuts inside...[/QUOTE]

He's scored a few too many from long range for it to be considered luck

jb8521

Can Robben play in the middle?
Not sure if you mean in the middle as in midfield or as a striker but he played a lot of his football in his last season at PSV as a support striker just off Kezman.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
We need a tricky player like this imo, would love to see it happen for around 15m, though if he takes a moment's thought in choosing which team to play for, I don't want him.

MUFC07

"As far as a move for Arjen Robben is concerned, at this moment in time, Real Madrid have received no offers for the Dutch winger from Manchester United – however, the player`s agent has been in touch with the Spanish club in the last few days to clarify Madrid`s asking price, should another club be about to make a bid."

That means either we're very interested or not at all.

Duh

Tony7

is it just me or has every one forgot that he gave us the middle finger a few years back. your lucky if he plays 20 games a season and we've already got the owens to fill that role. By my reckoning we've got about £60 million of the ronny money left and whatever budget we were given this summer put the lot on daniele de rossi he'd sort our midfield and roma wouldn't be able to turn it down

Pscholes18

is it just me or has every one forgot that he gave us the middle finger a few years back. your lucky if he plays 20 games a season and we've already got the owens to fill that role. By my reckoning we've got about £60 million of the ronny money left and whatever budget we were given this summer put the lot on daniele de rossi he'd sort our midfield and roma wouldn't be able to turn it down
De Rossi rather than Van Der Vaart?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
But what I would have a problem with is he has already had his chance and turn us down for more money...hes not a player that really wants to play for Manchester United, not forgetting he is fairly injury prone and a bit of a fairy.
No, United's board fecked up the deal by reneging on a previously agreed sum and thus Chelsea stepped in a few days later and signed him.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
i fecking hope we don't sign this balding cnut.

he's injured most of the time.

and he isn't brave - like SAF himself said. as a fullback, look to put in one crunching challenge early doors, and that's Robben done the whole game, the cowardly cnut.
2 Season for RM played 50 Laliga games Vs Rooney's 2 season for MU 55 PL games played. Can't be that bad, and how is he not brave ? Doesn't sound like a realistic quote or you are just assuming or making this up.

Franq

Any chance you are Robben or perhaps a close relative,you seem a bit touchy about him and seem to know alot about him
Funny that you're from Netherlands...

You're seriously underrating Nani. He has huge potential and this season's signs are very encouraging.
i get your point but it has nothing to do with patriotism or whatever... it just that I think robben is being treated unfairly because he had a chance to join united but things went differently... everybody was quick to blame him but i have a feeling other 'powers' (his father/agent, clumsy negotiating by united) had a significant role as well...

Apart from that, he simply is one of the best wingers in the world, despite his selfish behavior when he has the ball at his feet, he is still far more productive, efficient and dangerous than nani... And, he can effortlessly play right wing as well....

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
"As far as a move for Arjen Robben is concerned, at this moment in time, Real Madrid have received no offers for the Dutch winger from Manchester United – however, the player`s agent has been in touch with the Spanish club in the last few days to clarify Madrid`s asking price, should another club be about to make a bid."

That means either we're very interested or not at all.

Duh
was he directly asked about us making a bid or any club willing to sing him. if the former it is definitively on, nobody mentions clubs at random in cases like that.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
So, are we going to get the traditional "Player X snubs United" story in the press, even though United never showed any interest?

OneUnited24

I doubt this deal would happen, i reckon Madrid were so keen to offload the player they offered him to a few clubs and United was one of them - the media caught wind of it and put 2 & 2 together.

Off topic but does anyone feel that we have almost lost our appeal (this could be either our league or club) because in the past you would see Madrid splash out of players that werent really brilliant at the time they went in for them (like Henize, RvN, Graveson, Woodgate...) but now all the top players are going to them and we are looking for those "lesser" quality top players. I expect to get slated for thinking this but its often crossed my mind

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I doubt this deal would happen, i reckon Madrid were so keen to offload the player they offered him to a few clubs and United was one of them - the media caught wind of it and put 2 & 2 together.

Off topic but does anyone feel that we have almost lost our appeal (this could be either our league or club) because in the past you would see Madrid splash out of players that werent really brilliant at the time they went in for them (like Henize, RvN, Graveson, Woodgate...) but now all the top players are going to them and we are looking for those "lesser" quality top players. I expect to get slated for thinking this but its often crossed my mind
you expectations are correct, you'll get e-slaughtered for that statement no matter how right or wrong you are.

imo we did loose a bit of our appeal.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football

No I don't think so. We will never really get the high profile players because we don't pay the silly money some clubs do - but we're champions...our record in Europe over the last 3 seasons really has been good....

We have to see how valencia, obertan pan out but at the minute owens fit and he doesn't look slow either

We've been quite smart - that said we'll learn a lot more as the season progresses

Brophs

The One and Only

When have we ever been able to buy the superstars of world football who weren't English? Veron is the only one I can think of who was at the top of the game rather than trying to get there.

charleysurf

WTF? So you really think that United wanted this guy but he turned us down? Holy feck. It's not even the case that Madrid were doing the offering. Robbens father has had the job of begging for a move to big club around Europe.

Jesus, I think we need a course on "Don't believe stories in MARCA, AS and The Sun" around here.

Dino

This pleases me:D
This pleases me too.Robben would disrupt our team spirit,just see how he behaved when hunteeler offered him a handshake and robben just looked away.Problems on field shouldn't be brought out the field and furthermore hunteeler is his countryman.I am beginning to think why he left chelsea other than big money and injuries,maybe he was a bad influence in the dressing room?must be..

OneUnited24

When have we ever been able to buy the superstars of world football who weren't English? Veron is the only one I can think of who was at the top of the game rather than trying to get there.
Thats not my point, in the past we seems to be able to lure the top bracket of players you would hear players talk United up but it just seems that most players have their eyes on la liga now (or more focused at Real Madrid). I agree United have always seemed more inclined to make world class players opposed to buying them but IMO buying Robben would almost signal that we only got him because other (better) players had turned us down - like Ribery and Benezema

Im not saying the Robben deal is a dead certain but only saying what it would look like IF we got him - to me anyway

OneUnited24

WTF? So you really think that United wanted this guy but he turned us down? Holy feck. It's not even the case that Madrid were doing the offering. Robbens father has had the job of begging for a move to big club around Europe.

Jesus, I think we need a course on "Don't believe stories in MARCA, AS and The Sun" around here.
No i never once said i believe he turned us down, the second part of that post was totally unrelated to this article (as said by the opening "Off topic...")

Dino

Anf if Arsenal can play so well even after selling their top players,Ferguson believes we can too considering the inflated market and the right player not found for now.im happy with our team but sad that i cant watch champion lg anymore.Another group have brought their broadcasting rights and i have to pay much more.so i didn't subscribe:(

charleysurf

No i never once said i believe he turned us down, the second part of that post was totally unrelated to this article (as said by the opening "Off topic...")
Fair enough. It just seemed to imply that.