Robin van Persie | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

kps88

That turn and pass to Young was a match winning contribution.

Jacob

Seems to create chances for himself while having no support whatsoever. Best striker in the world by quite some margin in my opinion.

Ekeke

Just a complete striker, no more to be said. Can finish with either foot, head, dribble, hold the ball up, control difficult balls and isnt selfish so he looks to bring others into play in goalscoring areas and will even take corners.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The guy's immense. Never realised how good he was until this season. Its an old cliche but its only when you see a player week in week out that you realise their true quality. Really didn't given RVP his dues last year. Amazing player.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I am in love with this guy. He just doesn't take shite from anyone, defending himself and his team-mates from Ramirez and David "hatchet man" Luiz.

twitter thread suggester
Surprised by just how good a target player he is. Far better at winning balls in the air than any striker we've had in a while. And he does it was finesse as well, finding Valencia on the right multiple times with a header.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I was skeptic about him, but I must say he is proving me wrong. Excellent signing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Still in positive shock that he decided to join United.

Composed and focused in absolutely all areas of the pitch. Football maturity at it's feckin best. What a player !

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I watched him basically every game last season so I'm not surprised by his fantastic performances, but I didn't expect him to settle in so well so quickly. Just a complete striker, world class. That little bit of play to open up the space right before the winner was great as well.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
That dummy (when Tony was unfortunately called offside) was brilliant thinking.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yea I was thinking about that. Was the ref in the right to call it or should he have played on as RVP didn't touch it?
It's a tough one, RVP was always gonna say he was never playing the ball but at the same time letting roll through your legs for your teammate can be seen in a way as an act of play and therefore offside.The ref took the safest option

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
One thing I like about him is his attitude, quite often he looks like our leader on the pitch, arguing with ref and opposition players, putting tackles, actually caring about the game, things that Rooney was praised for a lot in the past.

Fletcher's Jilted Lover

He's the man!
That was almost the ideal team for me to see Van Persie in, 2 wingers in Young and Valencia to stretch the play, can't wait to have Rooney further forward behind him, then he'll be even better. Obviously because of Chelskis quality we had to get Rooney playing deeper today

DevilRed

I cringe everytime he goes down. Needs to stay away from making dangerous challenges! What a brilliant performance from him. Everything positive we did more or less came through him. He had a hand in all 3 goals too.

1999united2008

how many goals does he have for us now this season? incredible player, was a bit worried when he went down today but luckily he ran it off.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
:lol: I think everyone acknowledges he was a fantastic buy, this point has been proven time and time again this season.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's getting more and more involved in the play. Unlucky with the first effort, great second goal and was a pest all game. Hopefully he can carry this form on but another plus is Hernandez's form.

Godfather

Best player for us alongside Rafael this season.

Looked head and shoulder above anyone else from our team today. (bar Chicharito when he came on)

Status
Not open for further replies.