5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

He still has something to give us IMO, there were games last season when his magic still shone through. He still makes the runs, he still has the technique and intelligence, it's just his legs are older then they used to be.

There seems to be no real striker out there for us to pursue this summer, so a season more of RVP and we can reassess next summer is fine by me.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Seems to be enjoying his holidays. Getting a tan, chilling on a boat, enjoying the company of his family, catching a shark while he's at it of course.

Disclaimer for @Firstouch20 : Actions performed on video do not indicate anything fishy. Based on the footage there is no reason to assume he will leave us, nor is there a reason to think he will suddenly retire and become a fisherman.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Where is this pic taken ?
Don't have a clue, but it's an odd quartet... I can see why De Vrij, RVP and Blind might be mates and on holiday together but why's Pirlo tagged along :lol:

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Talking about how poor our strikers have been this season in a Mirror article.

Robin van Persie fears he will miss out on next summer's European Championship if he is not playing first-team football next season.

Van Persie, 32 in August, is considering his future at Manchester United after Reds boss Louis van Gaal refused to confirm the Dutch striker will be part of his plans next season

Although Van Persie has indicated a willingness to fight for his Old Trafford place, he has had interest from Lazio in Italy and both Galatasaray and Fenerbahce in Turkey.

With his place at the Euro 2016 in France - possibly his last major tournament - at stake, Van Persie admits he has reached another critical stage in his career.

"Next year is the European Championship." he said, "That tournament is going to play a big role in the choice I will make. I have to be in my best form.

Van Persie, currently on holiday in Miami, has just a year left on his United contract.

He netted 30 goals by the end of the 2012/13 campaign, Sir Alex Ferguson's final season.

By the end of the following season, he'd scored 18 times. This time around, however, he has managed just ten goals as United finished fourth in the Premier League.

He added: "I was second highest scorer [last season], behind Wayne Rooney, with 10 goals.

"But people don't seem to accept this. I think that is deserved, because it says a lot that Wayne is top scorer with 12 goals.

"In all the other top teams, there is a minimum of one player who makes more than 25 goals over all competitions. Not at United. That's the reality and I feel responsible for that."

Van Persie started the season among the chief contenders to be Louis van Gaal'scaptain at Old Trafford after leading Holland to the 2014 World Cup semi-finals under his stewardship.

The frontman's season has been hampered by injury, however. By the end of the season Van Persie found himself behind even a misfiring Falcao who went on leave the club after his troubled loan spell came to an end.

Earlier this season he insisted the wellbeing of his family would play a key role in his decision-making.

He said: "It's a strange, difficult situation. A new situation, that's a better word. I have to think in a realistic way.

"It's my ambition to play the next years. I'm thinking about my family and my children with every decision I take. These are very important for me.

"I'm a real family guy. I think it's fantastic to see how happy my children and wife are. That's something I take into consideration when I'm thinking about my future."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/robin-van-persie-fearing-euro-5954376

Devil may care

RvP's consistent comments about needing to play regularly should cement that he's off IMO, we simply can't accommodate what he wants in that regard.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I love these types of stories. How on earth do they think readers will think they know what they're talking about.

ghagua

I want LvG to keep RvP. With the midfield sorted out and Depay coming in on the wings, this team will hopefully create a lot of chances. Rvp can still bang them in when proper chances are created.

Status
Not open for further replies.