Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Of all our strikers he has the worst positioning, it's almost impossible for his teammates to find him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Didn't even bother to try and get onside at times.

Gannicus

It's very safe to say we need to buy a striker this summer.

Whether any club would be willing to take Robin's wages remains to be seen.

acnumber9

I know where this is going, at least Falcao positioned well.....how do you pass to a striker who doesn't run and doesn't even position well?
Doesn't position well? Van Persie's movement is excellent. A lot of shite being drawn from 30 minutes of a match United had stopped playing in.

DevilRed

This formation is great for possession but we can be so risk adverse sometimes. Its like the players can barely put a cross in the box or try to thread a pass to our strikers. They are so starved of service its not even funny.

acnumber9

Dunno... But however many times it was... He was offside.
Once or twice then? He ends up offside because he's trying to make runs off the shoulder of a defence. It doesn't mix with a player not moving.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
How many times did we actually pass the ball to him?
Actually, few times. And he didn't even try to fight for the ball at least 2 or 3 times which were 50-50 duels. Only excuse could be that he is carrying an injury but I doubt van Gaal would give him 30 minutes then. I like him but that was definitely embarassing cameo.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Doesn't position well? Van Persie's movement is excellent. A lot of shite being drawn from 30 minutes of a match United had stopped playing in.
His movement certainly wasn't excellent today, He has been average for 2 seasons now, its time for him to go.

acnumber9

His movement certainly wasn't excellent today, He has been average for 2 seasons now, its time for him to go.
In 30 minutes of a game Utd had stopped playing in. There was a few times he made runs and that ball was played out wide rather than into his feet. I doubt we playe the ball into his feet more than twice in those 30 minutes.

Roman Bellic

Prick
In 30 minutes of a game Utd had stopped playing in. There was a few times he made runs and that ball was played out wide rather than into his feet. I doubt we playe the ball into his feet more than twice in those 30 minutes.
So are you saying we should keep him? if he cant perform in 30 minutes what the feck is he going to in 90 minutes? we were still very much in the game till the last minute.....like i said, his positioning was terrible, heck even Falcao looked sharper. FALCAO.

acnumber9

So are you saying we should keep him? if he cant perform in 30 minutes what the feck is he going to in 90 minutes? we were still very much in the game till the last minute.....like i said, his positioning was terrible, heck even Falcao looked sharper. FALCAO.
Yes I believe we should. If we can get somebody better then happy days but I think he still has something to offer. There's just a lot of children on here. Falcao in no way looked sharper. Van Persie actually managed to threaten to score. Despite 'standing' around the whole game apparently. We were shite in that second half.

acnumber9

Is that why he was caught offside about a million times.
Ridiculous hyperbole isn't going to help your argument. Strikers tend to get caught offside when they try to make runs in behind. Even at his best Van Persie got caught offside a lot. It's an occupational hazard.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Yes I believe we should. I we can get somebody better then happy days but I think he still has something to offer. There's just a lot of children on here. Falcao in no way looked sharper. Van Persie actually managed to threaten to score. Despite 'standing' around the whole game apparently. We were shite in that second half.
You mean the ball he wasted? if we actually want to contend next season then RVP has to go, we dont need what he has to offer - i hate when people say that like he still has the ability to change a game from the bench.

Walters_19_MuFc

Anonymous when he come on today. Would have preferred to leave Falcao on. At least he got involved. That said, it's hard to come on in such a game and make an impact.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
At least Falcao puts defenders under pressure with some effort and makes himself felt, I dont even know if RvP looks particuarly interested anymore, perhaps i'm reading something that isnt there, I dont know anymore.

acnumber9

You mean the ball he wasted? if we actually want to contend next season then RVP has to go, we dont need what he has to offer - i hate when people say that like he still has the ability to change a game from the bench.
The incredibly difficult chance on the half volley? Yes. There's very little objectivity on these forums. It really has gone to the dogs. I think I'll leave it here.

Roman Bellic

Prick
The incredibly difficult chance on the half volley? Yes. There's very little objectivity on these forums. It really has gone to the dogs. I think I'll leave it here.
I agree, i think his performances in the 2012/13 season have blinded a lot of people.

Walters_19_MuFc

You mean like Walcott ?
True, but it's hard to compare. 1) they're different positions, 2) Arsenal were starting to get on top before Walcott come on and saw a lot more of the ball than RVP.

This is not me trying to defend RVP, though. Think he could have done more, and as others have suggested, Wilson probably would have been a better player to bring on, especially with Arsenal pushing for the equaliser, where I could imagine Wilson's work rate and pace in behind would have troubled them.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
It's a shame we didn't see Van Persie as the one striker while the team was playing well like in the first half. That's just bad luck for him, because I haven't seen Falcao or Rooney doing thing he couldn't do better.

I'm open to the idea that he's past it, especially concerning long term fitness. But If you look at his three best matches this season, there are not many strikers available who could match performances like those.

Devil may care

Our pressing from the front ceased the moment he came on, we just can't keep on with him and Falcao as striker options, we need a fresh injection up top.

ThanksBoss26

I'm edging towards him joining Falcao out of the door this summer. We need a bit more dynamism up there that neither of them can provide anymore it seems.

We can also save a hell of a lot in wages offloading the pair of them.

dogwithabone

We need a new focal point up top - and I include Rooney in those not good enough anymore to be that man. Wilson needs more experience before he is considered. Falcao, Rooney and RVP are all past their best. Kane sticks out like a sore thumb as the player who could best fill that role.

kundalini

I'll be amazed if he leaves this summer. High wages. Minimal interest from other clubs. LVG clearly rates him above his performance level this season otherwise Wilson would have been given a run of games to make a case for himself.

So another underwhelming season to look forward to before RVP eventually leaves.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I stopped blaming any of our strikers long ago. One world class striker can turn into shite, maybe two but not all 3 at the same time. The problem is elsewhere on the pitch.

RooneyLegend

His career at the top level is done unless he gets played as a second striker rather than a lone one expected to dominate centre backs and have great movement like he used to. Sadly he's slower now than his ever been. However, technically he'll never be anything but excellent, and he's the sort of player that can be a threat from an area in the offensive third.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I stopped blaming any of our strikers long ago. One world class striker can turn into shite, maybe two but not all 3 at the same time. The problem is elsewhere on the pitch.
pretty much this, something isn't right.

Sam

pretty much this, something isn't right.
But 3 'world class strikers' haven't just 'turned into shit at the same time'...

Rooney - He's basically been the exact same Rooney he's been over the last few years, ever since 09/10 really. Sometimes fantastic, sometimes average, sometimes shite. If anything, I'd say he's been better this season, then the last two.

Falcao - He hasn't actually been 'world class Falcao' for two years now, something that never gets mentioned. People thought (hoped) we were getting Athletico Falcao, but we weren't. Its been two years since he left Athletico, and since then he went to France and underwhelmed, suffered the third ACL injury of his career, and is also nearing 30. Its not really a surprise that his injury + age + trying to adapt to a physical league has resulted in a massive drop off. Its pretty obvious how much the physical aspects of his game has declined since his days in La Liga.

RVP - He's been in a steady decline ever since his first season here. He spent half of last, and this season injured, and is now into his 30's. He's also suffered a hell of a lot of injuries over his career, which wont have helped the ageing process. Like Falcao, he's clearly lost a good yard of pace, and he also looks physically shot.

To blame Falcao and RVP's declines on other areas of the pitch is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.