6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurka

He made the difference today.. Setting up goals for City and missing his chances on the other side.. He is in a terrible state and that just shows. City had all of the ball but didnt have many chances other than what Lukaku gave them. He needs to get rested for some games as this is getting ridiculous seeing him playing 90min game after game almost only being dangerous in his own box..

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
An improvement from 0/10 to 1/10 judging on his performance against a side managed by David fecking Moyes yesterday.
Morata is a superior player in every way. He would give us so much in the build up.

Shark

@NotShark
We’re in big trouble if this guy is our main striker for the next few years. He’ll score goals against shite teams to drive up his stats, but that has never been being United’s primary striker has or should be about. Even Berbatov had that game vs Liverpool. I can’t see Lukaku ever doing something like that in a big game.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
We're overplaying him. Did the same with Zlatan last season. Does Jose not rotate strikers or something?
Mhkitaryan and Mata both being awful hasn't helped I suppose. But yeah fair point, he probably is only used to 1 game a week generally.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Easy to say from your computer screen. I'm not taking the blame off him for the rest of the game, but the keeper did his job well on this one, with a good dose of luck. He blocked the second ball as well, immediately afterwards.
Great keeping but a £90m striker should be burying that. Erm and it is easy from my computer screen because its plain as day that his technique is poor and his manipulation of a ball is sub par. I understand that Ederson saved it but look at it again, he doesn't make a good enough connection on the ball and hence why he doesn't score.

iKeano

Worst No.9 performance I’ve ever seen at OT.
Should apologise to us all, as should José for leaving him on for 90mins.

Utter, utter pish.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Serious question - Is he a better striker then Chicharito was when he was here? Hernandez is better in the air despite being way smaller, he's a better finisher, touch pretty much the same, play style pretty much the same, link up play more or less the same. Hernandez works much harder, better off the ball movement especially in the box. Lukaku for all his size is fecking useless in the air, doesn't know how to shield defenders off, and just has this high opinion of himself that he doesn't back up on the pitch at all. The sooner we get rid, the better. A huge backwards move from the club IMO.

Worst thing is that Mourinho won't ever drop him.

Classical Mechanic

Great keeping but a £90m striker should be burying that. Erm and it is easy from my computer screen because its plain as day that his technique is poor and his manipulation of a ball is sub par. I understand that Ederson saved it but look at it again, he doesn't make a good enough connection on the ball and hence why he doesn't score.
You have to keep the shot on the ground too and put it in the corner, these are finishing basics.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I was worried about this signing when we were first linked. The only decent game I can remember he had against us was for West Brom in a dead rubber. For Everton against us he was regularly shite.
In the FA cup semi final at Wembley, he not only missed a penalty against us but also a couple of clear chances. His touch that day was dreadful and stuck in my mind when we were linked with him.
His start to the season and regular goals made me think I was wrong about him. Today however brought all the bad vibes back. He was atrocious when we needed him most. Ok, the rest of the team weren't great but he was the difference.
He's been described as a Donkey by many today. Harsh maybe, but he has a lot of work to do before he is anywhere near the level we need. Deserves a decent spell out of the team.
Issue was Blind kept him quiet on several occasions.

He's a good flat track bully but really worrying that he hasn't produced much since the first few weeks.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If Spurs do miss out on top 4 and Kane looks for a way out we should do all in our power to dump Lukaku and sign Kane.
People must forget that. We payed him 90 mil. We will not sell him unless somebody pay at least 70. And who will do that.
We are stuck with lukaku. Now we now clearly what player he is. He will score goals but unfortunately he is technically really really limited player. I will say first here that i was blind in his assessment this summer. I really thought that he has more skill and that he knows to use his strength.

But still rate him. Not that high anymore( i rated him in top 5 strikers in the world:wenger:) but he is still good player.

lsd

The Oracle
We gifted them the game simple as that. They scored 2 goals from set pieces and two scrappy goals. There is no excuse. We started the second half well but then Lukaku did that so yes he cost us the game big time. I like Lukaku but I cannot defend what he did today.

In no way has he cost us the title

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Can we sell him in the summer please he really doesn't fit. Doesn't look good technically at all. 50m would do it I reckon then get someone that will really take us to the next level.

Unfortunately that won't happen. So we have to hope that he can come good.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Money makes no difference. Zlatan cost nothing doesn’t mean that if he has a bad game we can console ourselves by saying ‘at least he was free’. He has been fine so far. Can be better but overall he has done well. Like I said before, he did well for our goals vs spurs and arsenal so his link up play is fine.
I disagree. I don't remember his role in our goal against Spurs but what he did against Arsenal was bog standard and should be something expected of a United player. Next time you watch us play, take a note of how many times a ball comes to Lukaku and he fails to hold it up and bring his team mates into play.

I think the problem Mou faces is that his confidence is shot. Benching him would be the natural thing to do due to his poor performances however it will probably send him even deeper into his rut.
I can understand why Jose would be reluctant to drop him now, but I feel like it's a hard choice that has to be made.

engulfing

Should be dropped. 1 mistake defending a set piece in a big match is bad enough, 2 in the same game is just unacceptable. It shows poor concentration and lack of focus. It shows he doesn't want it enough. If you can't get your head right for the big games you don't belong at a big club.

He should get racked and be given the miki treatment. Either get with the program or go back to a small club.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If you miss out on Top 4, you'll start to realize/remember that you're not in a position to be picky.

And Levy will be well aware that 150m is a lot of money - even if spurs fans like to imagine otherwise.
You honestly think Utd can buy Kane? I don't.

MAME DIOUF 32

I don't really blame him for the second half chance because he's so close to the keeper but in general he was abysmal. We got the wrong one.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Ffs the kneejerking in here, I'll be first to say he was really bad today but to start writing him off already is stupid. Atleast give him a season to settle.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Can we sell him in the summer please he really doesn't fit. Doesn't look good technically at all. 50m would do it I reckon then get someone that will really take us to the next level.

Unfortunately that won't happen. So we have to hope that he can come good.
Things can change very quickly with players. A couple of months ago everyone was moaning about Lingard and his wages, now they are eating their words. Lukaku will bounce back and resume scoring soon at which point the pitch forks will orient themselves towards the next player.

Silas

I think the problem Mou faces is that his confidence is shot. Benching him would be the natural thing to do due to his poor performances however it will probably send him even deeper into his rut.
He had no problems doing it to Mhiki. Lukaku shouldn't be exempt from the same treatment.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's low in confidence atm and has been playing non stop now Zlatan is back he can rotate with him. Once he gets a few goals he will be back.

reddevil702

Goals will come... bad miss which no one can deny. But how much of an impact can we really expect when the only service is a long ball that he's fighting for against 2 defenders. Outside of the miss there was probably one other ball that was in a decent attacking position actually sent to him.

PepsiCola

Ffs the kneejerking in here, I'll be first to say he was really bad today but to start writing him off already is stupid. Atleast give him a season to settle.
He's played most his career in the premier league. A year to settle will make little difference.

He won't get much better than what we have seen of him.

We did Chelsea a massive favour.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's played most his career in the premier league. A year to settle will make little difference.

He won't get much better than what we have seen of him.

We did Chelsea a massive favour.
I'm sorry but playing for Manchester United is a lot different from West Brom and Everton. Then you've got the new manager, team mates and tactics to get used to.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
A truly, truly awful performance from him today. Panicky under any form of pressure and starved of all skill and confidence. Feel bad for him but the guy needs a rest and maybe a bit of time to refocus.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Had a nightmare of a game. At fault for their two goals and then misses a pretty decent chance.

Still have faith in him. Just needs to bang in a few to get is confidence back.

nesty

He had no problems doing it to Mhiki. Lukaku shouldn't be exempt from the same treatment.
We have Lingard, Martial, Rashford and Mata fighting for his position. All of these players are playing much better than him therefore it's not a particularly difficult decision.

In the case of Lukaku, which other out and out striker do we have? Zlatan clearly is 100% fit so he can't start every match at the moment,. Yes we could potentially play Martial or Rashford up top but I think Mou prefers them on the wing.

[EDIT]

I'm not saying he should be exempt from being dropped. I'm just saying I can understand Mou's reluctance in dropping Lukaku.

PepsiCola

I'm sorry but playing for Manchester United is a lot different from West Brom and Everton. Then you've got the new manager, team mates and tactics to get used to.
These things shouldn't adversely impact his piss poor off the ball movement, inability in the air, 0 hold up ability, piss poor link up Play, inability to hold off defenders and poor finishing.

Was dreadful today and has been very poor for the past few months.

We will not win a major title with him as our main striker.

Robin Your Persie

It’s infuriating to see defences play the ball out from the back and not an ounce of effort from him to press them.

Status
Not open for further replies.