6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapardin

Morata is not a liability in defending. Kane is sublime in scoring and assisting play.

Lukaku offers neither of these well. He is not really making a case for us to not pursue a striker in the summer or worst case, the next.

Greck

Been messing up clearances all season. Not a problem that only just started in the Arsenal game like some seem to think

Kapardin

He will unfortunately get another season as we have other problem positions to fill, but for a club of our stature, it wouldn't be out of order to bid for a top class striker and bench him or even let him go if he doesn't like it. Such an incredibly limited striker, he's just one or two levels above Chicharito perhaps and that ain't enough.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He will unfortunately get another season as we have other problem positions to fill, but for a club of our stature, it wouldn't be out of order to bid for a top class striker and bench him or even let him go if he doesn't like it. Such an incredibly limited striker, he's just one or two levels above Chicharito perhaps and that ain't enough.
He's playing okay and you're talking nonsense. Lukaku at a half decent team was banging in 20+ goals. Chicharito doesn't start regularly for West Ham.

Dr. StrangeHate

How many games will he get before Mou benches him. Its clear his form is totally gone. Just take him out of the firing line. He wins no headers. Can't hold up play. What is the point of prolonging this. Let him rest a few weeks.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Worried he might get some blame for their goal - don't believe any of that his fault. Rojo was fouled/just didn't get off the ground and it bounched nicely to Barnes. Not sure what else the big man could do.

Other end, one piece of wing play aside he's offered almost nothing. Sigh.

PepsiCola

Worried he might get some blame for their goal - don't believe any of that his fault. Rojo was fouled/just didn't get off the ground and it bounched nicely to Barnes. Not sure what else the big man could do.

Other end, one piece of wing play aside he's offered almost nothing. Sigh.
He could have headed the ball away, for starters.

Dr. StrangeHate

If £75 million gets you this, money can't solve our problems.
Everyone was saying he has a terrible first touch, no hold up play and terrible balance and they were right. I just don't understand what our scouting department does. Couldn't they have stopped this with a simple checklist of abilities he doesn't possess.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Didn't want him and I've tried not getting on his back.
You want more for the money we paid for him.

Kapardin

If £75 million gets you this, money can't solve our problems.
Everyone was saying he has a terrible first touch, no hold up play and terrible balance and they were right. I just don't understand what our scouting department does. Couldn't they have stopped this with a simple checklist of abilities he doesn't possess.
It wasn't entirely the club's fault. Morata, Lukaku, Auba and Belotti - these were the underwhelming options last window for a striker. No others were available.

However, I do think Morata would have been the best of a bad bunch. When he is not scoring, he is not a liability to his team.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Not shit but from brilliant either.

Six months and 70m quid later it looks like we already should be thinking about bringing in a genuine world class centre forward.

reddaz71

Needs taking out of the firing line tbh,he clearly is not anywhere good enough at the highest level and recent performances should be career defining for him at Utd,he his way out of his depth!!

Chicharito_

He was hiding at the end there, only Mata and Lingard were brave enough to try something in the final third then.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Must say, he's been a bit of a disappointing signing for me. I'm sure more goals will come but I doubt he will ever be the iconic talisman we lack.

NoLogo

Not shit but from brilliant either.

Six months and 70m quid later it looks like we already should be thinking about bringing in a genuine world class centre forward.
That's the thing. He simply is a fairly reliable goal scorer but nothing more than that. Everton actually was his level I feel but if you have to complete with teams that have a forward lineup like those of PSG, Barca or City it's simply not good enough.

Ludens the Red

Needs taking out of the firing line tbh,he clearly is not anywhere good enough at the highest level and recent performances should be career defining for him at Utd,he his way out of his depth!!
No other options, Zlatan is a cone and Rashford is in even worse form than Lukaku.

eggwithsideburns

I'm starting to seriously worry that we have wasted our money. What can we do because going forward I don't think he is the answer but because we spent so much on him we have to play him.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Such regret. If the club was as ruthless as it needs to be he will be sold in the summer. Footballing decision nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.