g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Romelu Lukaku image 9

Romelu Lukaku Belgium flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Embarrassing that people want him dropped to have martial or Rashford play at 9. Without lukaku we would be 6th right now

Antonedwin

Even Ruud wont score that much if he played dross like we have

Ruud played with 2 very good crosser giggs & Neville , play with 1 best crosser ever in football history david beckham. Play with creative mind like scholes behind him & striking partner such as solksjaer , Rooney , Saha
Lukaku would score every game playing with them

Canagel

Lukaku was fantastic tonight. The link up play and some of the passes werr brilliant. His work rate and attitude was top notch. The team really let him down.

el3mel

Great game tonight. Feels bad for him to have his teammates in just a shocking form.

NeglectedGoat

I loved when he berated Herrera for not pushing forward and going for a third goal. Very good performance and his team mates let him down tonight.

Neilwij

Played well tonight. He was let down by some awful finishing around him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Played well 2nd half. First half a bit hit and miss I thought.

Shame no one took advantage of his good work and finished those chances he helped create.

Jig1234

I just finished watching the game. Lukaku's link play was flawless in the 2nd half. Teammates bottles his passes. Thought he played very well. Lingard & Rashford were woeful.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
He’s a waste of a shirt. Seldom involved. The team isn’t good enough to have a dedicated number 9 that offers little else.

ash_86

One player that works his socks off for the team. Played great today, was quite happy with his performance. He should have walked off with couple of assists.

Andersons Dietician

I don’t even remember him really getting much of a chance today but he was excellent I felt. Hold up play and link up play was great and looked pretty creative. Created at least 3 very good chances for his team mates.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Hope that’s a joke.
At long last!! I was really annoyed in the first half with that chance he had but second half thought he had one of his better halves for us. He’s really starting to look like a beast of a foward.

Thought pogue was going to call me, been giving it loads in the match day post thread and everyone biting!! Sorry !! End of the day any other season a point away at Leicester isn’t a bad one, they’re a bloody good counter attacking team. City are on drugs !! Yes that’s another wum !!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thought he was really good today, still needs to work on his movements to make space in the box but his hold up and passing was much much better today.

We need to give him a few more clear chances though.

criticalanalysis

Lukaku is so upset with his service today he decided to show our attackers how it’s done.
I say it every game but the service to him is absolutely dreadful. Worked his bollocks off again for no reward, some of his passing and linkup play was majestic and he deserved at least an assist if not two. We absolutely have to get reinforcements into the attack to support him. It is a criminal waste of his ability and talent.
It's not so clear for me. He was brilliant in setting up more a than a few chances today but his movement leaves a lot to be desired.

It's 50/50. Service is sh|t and inconsistent and his central movement is poor.

He laid it on a plate for Martial and Lingard but at the same time, those two did well to make the space.

Jaybomb

I loved when he berated Herrera for not pushing forward and going for a third goal. Very good performance and his team mates let him down tonight.
Moment of the match for me. People always wonder why I think Lukaku is a United player. This is why. He “gets” it.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Club is failing him, he’s a 30 goal striker and one of the leagues best players but being reduced to a team of players that lack any kind of composure or ability to provide service. He even gives Martial and Rashford finishing drills after training. Need to at least give him Mesut Ozil.

PepsiCola

He berated Herrera for not reaching a pass from him. Don't know why, it was a poor lay off.

He was great today, however. Some poor moments of miscontrol early on but he put players through who should have done a lot better with their chances.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm still warming up to him, but that was a 8-9/10 performance for a striker.

kudiak

Supports
Semen Padang FC
he played well tonight.
he should create at least 2 assist, but yeah, unluck for him.

Ashley R1+O

It's not so clear for me. He was brilliant in setting up more a than a few chances today but his movement leaves a lot to be desired.

It's 50/50. Service is sh|t and inconsistent and his central movement is poor.
It is a chicken and egg scenario. You can't have good movement when the service is this poor, it just ends up in wasted mileage making runs and movement for non-existent service is a waste of time. He's not going to make 7 runs everywhere when he knows the attack can't get him the ball. The glimmers of when he did hold up play and deliver show you that once we get some attackers that can stay up in the line allowing Pogba to pull the strings (love Mata but he is all over the place in the attack and not a player who balances the attack).

It isn't just the final phase service either. The proverbial "giving of a chance to a player" it is the way we just fennel the ball around to different players and have them need to waste time and energy bringing the ball into line before making the next decision in attack. The amount of over hit and 6/94 "yep have a fecking wiff of this clunker in mate, do something with this piece of shit ball cause it's all I can muster while I'm under pressure" is criminal and a waste of energy.

He's more than proven today when the attack phases come quick, sharp and the passing is telepathic his link up play is excellent. We need quality wide players to balance out the attack, I think that part is at least clear as crystal.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Those were some great through balls, I didn’t know he had that in his locker. He’s always been a good goalscorer, now he’s improving his overall footballing ability. He does seem like a guy who is trying his best to improve in all areas of his game, which is admirable in many ways.

And if I were him, I’d be absolutely fuming at Rashford. Unforgivable.

Vilev

He was fine tonight, but his confidence in front of goal and his movement in the box (and touches in the box) are still major issues. Even today Lukaku had chances but while his passes were great, it still feels like he is very short on confidence and basically prefers himself to pass the ball, play supporting forward rather than a striker that would pick up the ball and decide the moment himself.

I cannot remember when did Lukaku scored a goal that was not one touch or close enough. I mean when he would actually go past an opponent and score, or score in similar fashion to Salah's goal against Arsenal. A top forward should be able to that. Sure you need service, but a forward at the top club also must create opportunities for himself. And Lukaku was perfectly capable of doing just that at Everton. Remember his goals against Chelsea (i think it was in the Cup) or against City on the break.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He was fine tonight, but his confidence in front of goal and his movement in the box (and touches in the box) are still major issues. Even today Lukaku had chances but while his passes were great, it still feels like he is very short on confidence and basically prefers himself to pass the ball, play supporting forward rather than a striker that would pick up the ball and decide the moment himself.

I cannot remember when did Lukaku scored a goal that was not one touch or close enough. I mean when he would actually go past an opponent and score, or score in similar fashion to Salah's goal against Arsenal. A top forward should be able to that. Sure you need service, but a forward at the top club also must create opportunities for himself. And Lukaku was perfectly capable of doing just that at Everton. Remember his goals against Chelsea (i think it was in the Cup) or against City on the break.
Does he even do when on top form ? I don't think so. Don't wait for something that rarely happens, you might get disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.