6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Eh, are you having a laugh? He’s a very intelligent player. The only thing really holding him back consistency wise is his touch. Some times it’s magnificent, other times it’s off his shin and back past the half way line.
Agree but sometimes I think the criticism is a little unfair. He plays alone up front and most of his touches are often contested. I think other forwards, the attacking midfielders play a lot closer to them than Utd. Also I think we hit it long rather than a long pass. The general lack of quality into him is so poor and the best crosses often come from him. Shame he can't get on the end of his own assists...

Craig Ward

Some mixed comments but overall very positive.

Its much easier to like your 75million pound striker when he is in a vain of scoring form, which he is.

During his dry spell, you'd swear he was the worst player to ever grace a utd shirt, but he was still trying his best, working hard and provided some assists.

I think what's surprised me most with Lukaku is his work rate, positivity and you can see he is trying his best to improve.

I don't think we've helped him on times, playing him as a target man doesn't play to his strengths, he will do ok but he is better running the channels attacking defenders with his strength and pace.

We have to change to a 3 man midfield to get the best out of Pogba, so we should be playing to rom's strength as a striker also to ensure he is getting the right service and not just using him as a target man with long balls pumped to him.

Changing to a 4-3-3 has certainly helped this for me, and you cant fault Lukaku of late.

Over the whole season, I'd have liked to see him with more P/L goals, but the way we have played (tactically) for large parts of the season probably hasn't helped his cause. Martial/Rashford haven't set the world on fire in terms of goals scored, and Sanchez is not exactly red hot yet either.

Lots of positives though - the more he plays the better he'll get, keeping the system to a 4-3-3 will help.

this season he's been good, next season I hope he is excellant

AP88

Supports
Man City
I’d offer Spurs him and £150m for Kane; Lukaku’s improving, but Kane’s movement and ability to hold the ball up is more useful to Mourinho.

Jaybomb

I’d offer Spurs him and £150m for Kane; Lukaku’s improving, but Kane’s movement and ability to hold the ball up is more useful to Mourinho.
That would be the worst deal ever

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
That's 11 in his last 19. Had that period where he scored 1 in 12. And 11 in 10 prior to that shit run.

Ultimately, if you take that poor run of form out, he's scored 22 goals in 29 games (26 starts).
Uh, I'm pretty sure even Bebe could be made to look amazing with stats if you just take out all his poor games.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Uh, I'm pretty sure even Bebe could be made to look amazing with stats if you just take out all his poor games.
Thing is Lukaku never actually "played badly" in those runs, we just rarely got him the ball in a scoring position, and he didn't manage to create himself a goal.

He still worked his ass off for the team though which is the main thing.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So basically we would be spending 150m for an extra 10 goals a year ? Sounds like a terrible deal for us.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Becoming better day by day. I was screaming shoot shoot, when he had that chance. Also saw lingard free in a better position and was ignored by both Sanchez and Lukaku.Was really getting frustrated.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So you'd give them £240m (factoring in Lukaku's worth) because Kane can hold the ball up slightly better than Lukaku?

Christ...

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
So basically we would be spending 150m for an extra 10 goals a year ? Sounds like a terrible deal for us.
Maybe the price is too high but surely kane is not just "10 extra goals" (which is also quite a bit). His all round play is also better than Lukakus. Again I think that price may be a bit too high but Kane has potential to be the next leading striker of this generation.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Maybe the price is too high but surely kane is not just "10 extra goals" (which is also quite a bit). His all round play is also better than Lukakus. Again I think that price may be a bit too high but Kane has potential to be the next leading striker of this generation.
He already is the best striker in the world imo, but that doesn't mean we are going to suddenly throw the kitchen sink into buying him when we already have a very good striker. We should instead be putting our efforts into finding the next RvN type player who isn't already in his prime so we can buy them at a sane price and develop them into a top talent here.

roseguy64

Which has resulted in him having much less assists than Lukaku. Interesting.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If Kane could score 10 more goals feeding off the same scraps that Lukaku does he'd be some player.

Red4Life_#7

What do you think about Romelu playing the Ronaldo role + someone like Benzema making opening runs?
I remember Hulk use to come in from the right and cause havoc. We definitely need someone to replace Zlatan next year as Rashford is still too young to lead the line through the season.

C'est Moi Cantona

I like him, he isn't a twat when someone misplaces a pass, or takes a shot rather than try and play him in, rather he almost always claps in encouragement, it's nice to see, and imo it comes from player who knows he has limitations of his own, and is trying to improve his game as he knows this is his big chance, and he wants to make the best of the opportunity he has been given, he just needs to step it up a little more and we'll be really talking.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I remember Hulk use to come in from the right and cause havoc. We definitely need someone to replace Zlatan next year as Rashford is still too young to lead the line through the season.
We don't need another striker.

Between Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial and Rashford that position is the least of our worries.

criticalanalysis

Eh, are you having a laugh? He’s a very intelligent player. The only thing really holding him back consistency wise is his touch. Some times it’s magnificent, other times it’s off his shin and back past the half way line.
I wouldn't say he comes off as an intelligent player imo although that's not to say he's the opposite, which is why I said unpolished. He plays best play when he's instinctive and when there's a time for a bit more guile/craft, he's far too raw imo.

It will come with more experience but we must also acknowledge he is playing in a very unchoseive system and has limited coaching from the manager.

dogwithabone

Funnily enough I think a defining moment for him might not involve a goal but that run against Chelsea. It showed what he’s capable of and the sheer power he possesses and the way Jose and the fans celebrated it will not have gone unnoticed with him.

He’s going to get at least 30 and thats a great return. The main thing this season is that he’s not a striker who hasn’t been able to live up to playing for us, it hasn’t phased him and he’s only going to get even better in the coming seasons.

dogwithabone

With the team he’s playing in I might put a few quid on him being top scorer in WC this year. They are going to go very deep into the tournament so he’s going to get plenty of games.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I think today is the day when Lukaku becomes a genuine Manchester United hero. His form has been excellent in 2018 and his confidence is soaring. This is van Dijk's first stern test in a Liverpool shirt, and with the pace and power Lukaku possesses coming in off that right channel into van Dijk's left centre-back position, it's a test I see him struggling with.

Minimalist

First half he was absolutely crucial. Bullied their defenders and even took them on a few times.

Second half he was working with feck all.

el3mel

Another big performance in a big game. Assist and dominated Lovren in first half. Second he was isolated most of times but did his characteristic sprint by the end of the match.

Love everything about him these previous games. :drool:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Played part in both games and played some nice passes. Second half he was isolated completely but big contribution again in big game.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He was excellent in the first half, was an absolute nuisance for the Liverpool defence in that he was constantly winning the ball in the air, and his improving link-up play was crucial for both goals. He was a lot quieter in the second half but that mostly came from us sitting a lot deeper and leaving him isolated - when he was involved he was still doing well. Chelsea game feels like it's been a turning point.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Second half understandably less involved as the team started getting deeper.

First half he made the goals.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Another big performance in a big game. Assist and dominated Lovren in first half. Second he was isolated most of times but did his characteristic sprint by the end of the match.

Love everything about him these previous games. :drool:
Love big Rom. Left everything on pitch. Thought him and Sanchez would faint with exhaustion.

Status
Not open for further replies.