6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Denis79

What a wonderful mentality he has. I really hope he has a fantastic season and career.

ManuMou

I loved his celebration for his first goal. You can just tell he's absolutely delighted to be here. There's a real team spirit about the place with some genuine friendships within the ranks and it's fantastic to see.
This. Plus AgentPog will bring in more players soon lol....Griez...Aurier...

ManuMou

Ibrahimovic doesn't score the first goal against WHU.

Lukaku brings a different dimension
I don't think anyone in our squad last year scores the second, not as much as they should anyway. Great to see a United No.9 get space, win the header and put it right in the corner.
This and this.

The quotes of "Lukaku only replaces Zlatan, Matic only replaces Carrick, our team is still the same" is making me sick. The don't see things in big picture/in context. Not gonna go into details here...

Plus, they probably didn't realize that we already spent 150M++. And it's not like we didn't make any effort, we did, in the context of.........hyper-inflated market, competition, available options, 150M++ spent, etc. Plus, Griezmann was an "accident", otherwise we would have gotten him.....They thought we are PSG who can afford Neymar + Mbappe in a single window. THey want us to sign LW, RW, LB, RB (Darmian/Young/Tuanzebe not good backup), CM (Fellaini Perreira not good backup), etc......Put it this way, if they are Barca/Real fans, they probably want to sign a "almost same level" backup options for Messi/Suarez/Ronaldo/Bale in case they injured or backup options not good enough.......

I am not saying our window/season is perfect, but is not doom and gloom like some suggest

Last edited:

edcunited1878

Again...let's not underestimate and underappreciate Zlatan's goals last year...and just continue to move on with Lukaku.

Not sure Lukaku would score Zlatan's headed goal against WHU..it was arguably...no, it was more difficult than Lukaku's header. (1 minute 58s)

How about the goal against Palace? (3 minutes 21s)

How about the header against Liverpool? (4 minutes 30 seconds)

Mickfoley

Can we just talk about Lukaku without throwing Ibrahimovic in there every time.
He's a different type of striker and is 12 years younger. Stop with the comparisons. I'm pretty sure Lukaku's man utd career will have messi/ronaldo like stats goals wise that is almost a goal per game or better.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We replaced Ibra's goals with Lukaku, but the rest is just figners crossed the same players that failed to deliver last season suddenly deliver. We needed a secondary source of goals added, and once we bought that source should have been someone to play off him to compliment what he can do and cover what he can't. We also needed another quality wide attacking option and a LB, and you could argue another CM as we are still using Fellaini.
Signing more attackers or strikers doesn't mean more goals. We signed a proper DM which means whole team can attack more and start 5-10 yards higher up the pitch.

Also even if we signed one more striker it doesn't matter much as only one striker would be playing. Our attackers have 1 more year under the belt playing together, logical thinking would be there is more understanding between the players and can see the runs much better than last season.

What you are saying is unrealistic and would have put us one more year behind. We have already signed 4 first team players last season and 3 again this season. (Excluding Ibra and Lindelof, we have 5 new first 11 players). Too many changes is never good for the team.

"We are stil using Fellaini" what a bs point. We have Herrera on the bench who didn't play a single min against West Ham and he was our player of the year last season.

Devil may care

Signing more attackers or strikers doesn't mean more goals. We signed a proper DM which means whole team can attack more and start 5-10 yards higher up the pitch.

Also even if we signed one more striker it doesn't matter much as only one striker would be playing. Our attackers have 1 more year under the belt playing together, logical thinking would be there is more understanding between the players and can see the runs much better than last season.

What you are saying is unrealistic and would have put us one more year behind. We have already signed 4 first team players last season and 3 again this season. (Excluding Ibra and Lindelof, we have 5 new first 11 players). Too many changes is never good for the team.

"We are stil using Fellaini" what a bs point. We have Herrera on the bench who didn't play a single min against West Ham and he was our player of the year last season.
There's nothing unrealistic about saying we need another goal source added to this team to play off Lukaku and another wide option for the right as we have no dynamic threat on that side. Just magically hoping players that failed last season are going to suddenly become regular scorers because we bought a DM is unrealisitc.

It's not a bs point, Fellaini still getting minutes for us should not be happening, either give them to Pereira or get in a CM that can add depth if needed.

roonster09

Scout
There's nothing unrealistic about saying we need another goal source added to this team to play off Lukaku and another wide option for the right as we have no dynamic threat on that side. Just magically hoping players that failed last season are going to suddenly become regular scorers because we bought a DM is unrealisitc.

It's not a bs point, Fellaini still getting minutes for us should not be happening, either give them to Pereira or get in a CM that can add depth if needed.
Another goal source playing off Lukaku means #10? If so that won't happen as that means we will be playing 4-2-3-1 which we won't against big teams. We will play 3 CMs against big teams so that player playing off Lukaku would be on the bench.

No one is saying players will improve magically, we are not talking or hoping players like Bramble playing like Terry. Players who under performed are all top players, if you give up on players after 1 season then we won't improve.

You want me to give examples of players who improved and scored more? There is nothing magical in hoping young players with one more year under their belt would be better players than last season.

You might cry about Fellaini as much as you want, he isn't a starter and all the managers we had played him. He is a good bench option as he proved against Madrid. Crying about bench player? wow.

Edit: Unrealistic part is not for adding 1 more goal source, it's for hoping to add 1 goal source, Winger, LB, CM when we have already signed 3 players. We won't be signing 7 players in this current market.

Devil may care

Another goal source playing off Lukaku means #10? If so that won't happen as that means we will be playing 4-2-3-1 which we won't against big teams. We will play 3 CMs against big teams so that player playing off Lukaku would be on the bench.

No one is saying players will improve magically, we are not talking or hoping players like Bramble playing like Terry. Players who under performed are all top players, if you give up on players after 1 season then we won't improve.

You want me to give examples of players who improved and scored more? There is nothing magical in hoping young players with one more year under their belt would be better players than last season.

You might cry about Fellaini as much as you want, he isn't a starter and all the managers we had played him. He is a good bench option as he proved against Madrid. Crying about bench player? wow.
You get in a player who can play off Lukaku for the bulk of games where we'll use the 4-2-3-1 formation, and when we use 4-3-3 they play in one of the WF roles. Also you reference young players, Mkhitaryan, Mata and Lingard are not kids, they failed to produce much end product last season.

You can "wow" all you want, a player like Fellaini should never play for Manchester United, resorting to that type of Pulis shit should never be thought of at the club IMO.

roonster09

Scout
You get in a player who can play off Lukaku for the bulk of games where we'll use the 4-2-3-1 formation, and when we use 4-3-3 they play in one of the WF roles. Also you reference young players, Mkhitaryan, Mata and Lingard are not kids, they failed to produce much end product last season.

You can "wow" all you want, a player like Fellaini should never play for Manchester United, resorting to that type of Pulis shit should never be thought of at the club IMO.
So you want one more #10 to play wide as if we don't have enough of them. When we played Mkhitaryan as #10 he creates lot of chances, now you want to add 1 more #10 and hoping he will play better from wide position against big teams. Everything that's wrong with the team, you want to make it even worse.

Mkhitaryan's first season. I'm not counting on Lingard, I'm counting on Rashford, Martial.

So with Fellaini we play Pulis style? Someone forgot to tell that to Van Gaal when we destroyed few teams and played some of the best football. Fellaini is limited but useful as squad player. He isn't the one who is holding us back, it's just pathetic that few people moan about him even when he isn't playing.

Anyways I'm off. You whole point was ridiculous and then digging the grave deeper and deeper with every single post.

Devil may care

So you want one more #10 to play wide as if we don't have enough of them. When we played Mkhitaryan as #10 he creates lot of chances, now you want to add 1 more #10 and hoping he will play better from wide position against big teams. Everything that's wrong with the team, you want to make it even worse.

Mkhitaryan's first season. I'm not counting on Lingard, I'm counting on Rashford, Martial.

So with Fellaini we play Pulis style? Someone forgot to tell that to Van Gaal when we destroyed few teams and played some of the best football. Fellaini is limited but useful as squad player. He isn't the one who is holding us back, it's just pathetic that few people moan about him even when he isn't playing.

Anyways I'm off. You whole point was ridiculous and then digging the grave deeper and deeper with every single post.
No I haven't dug anything deeper but apparently you can't read and had some kind of lapse where our football under LvG was concerned, get some sleep, you might be thinking clearer in the morning.

roonster09

Scout
No I haven't dug anything deeper but apparently you can't read and had some kind of lapse where our football under LvG was concerned, get some sleep, you might be thinking clearer in the morning.
Van Gaal's team played best football with Fellaini in the side.

It's already morning here, so yeah one more wrong which has become norm for you.

Moaning about transfers because we signed second highest scorer in the league, because we haven't signed 7 players. Not to even start your posts after West Ham game.

Devil may care

Van Gaal's team played best football with Fellaini in the side.

It's already morning here, so yeah one more wrong which has become norm for you.

Moaning about transfers because we signed second highest scorer in the league, because we haven't signed 7 players. Not to even start your posts after West Ham game.
My God, dear me, if you thought so, well ok.

Well good morning, have a coffee and maybe it'll wake you up a bit.

As for the rest, you didn't read properly, this is a team that finished 6th, it needed more work than it got, and we are going to play 4-2-3-1 the bulk of the time, so whether it is Mkhi or Mata that plays in the hole, they'll have to play as the RWF when we use the 4-3-3 in the big games, my point was we needed an upgrade in that role.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
My God, dear me, if you thought so, well ok.

Well good morning, have a coffee and maybe it'll wake you up a bit.

As for the rest, you didn't read properly, this is a team that finished 6th, it needed more work than it got, and we are going to play 4-2-3-1 the bulk of the time, so whether it is Mkhi or Mata that plays in the hole, they'll have to play as the RWF when we use the 4-3-3 in the big games, my point was we needed an upgrade in that role.
And dump Mkhitaryan after 1 season? Transfers is not the only way to improve team, didn't we learn that in past 3-4 years? We need to give players time to gel and play together as a team. We can't keep on adding 7 players every season and hope they click and take us to next level.

There are plenty of examples of teams who improved without signing too many players, not hard to search either.

Devil may care

And dump Mkhitaryan after 1 season? Transfers is not the only way to improve team, didn't we learn that in past 3-4 years? We need to give players time to gel and play together as a team. We can't keep on adding 7 players every season and hope they click and take us to next level.

There are plenty of examples of teams who improved without signing too many players, not hard to search either.
Mkhitaryan would be the back-up, he did nothing last season to suggest he deserves such a pivotal role in the team, and we need depth in attack and don't have that, our only RW cover is Lingard. It's not like we are adding 7 either, Lukaku is a replacement for Ibra, we didn't despertaely need a CB, but we did need at least 1 more attacker and we do need a top LB, that would have been 4.

roonster09

Scout
I was checking Andy Gray's analysis which burst one more myth. Lukaku scored 5 in 13 against Liverpool, 5 in 12 against City, only teams he scored more against? Sunderland, Bournemouth and West Ham. So he scores goals against big clubs unless we don't consider Liverpool or City as big clubs. Those clubs are his 4th and 5th favorite opponents.

Litch

What I love about him is he's a different animal to what most defenders in the Europe come up against. Most modern defenders are midfielders who now play defence, and aren't equipped to deal with the power and pace of this lad. The thing is, he's still learning and he's not a 29/30+ year old seasoned pro with CL experience. We know someone who is, and should he come back at Christmas, will be a great present for Rom and his development.

Man-United

Is it time to have a go at our main striker this season again when he has a bad half? Patient these days eh?

MeUnited

Is it time to have a go at our main striker this season again when he has a bad half? Patient these days eh?
That's not a bad half for Rom, that's an expected half. He'll likely score now there's a bit more space, still doesn't change anything for me.

Man-United

That's not a bad half for Rom, that's an expected half. He'll likely score now there's a bit more space, still doesn't change anything for me.
He's had no support from the midfield, they are playing bad and are not giving him help up there.

Shark

@NotShark
He's being starved of any service right now. Our midfielders need to get their ass in gear.

Man-United

Well, it's not easy to be the lone striker in a team when none of the midfielders are helping him or even pass him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
No support. No service. Can't really expect anything from him.

He's still making runs and chasing down the ball. If he gets a good chance I'm confident he'll take it!

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Rashfords just been dribbling the ball into Swansea players the whole game and Mkhi has been invisible so to be expected

AndyJ1985

The players behind him are letting him down. Mata, Mkhitaryan and Rashford just don't do enough to create goals.

Shark

@NotShark
The players behind him are letting him down. Mata, Mkhitaryan and Rashford just don't do enough to create goals.
Exactly. Not sure what people expect him to do, when our most creative outlets have been shocking.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
No support. No service. Can't really expect anything from him.

He's still making runs and chasing down the ball. If he gets a good chance I'm confident he'll take it!
:cool::cool:

Minimalist

Piss easy. Won't have an easier goal all season.

Tough game and still bags a goal (good sign).

Status
Not open for further replies.