6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

He is here to score goals and he is doing that. Yes he will miss chances but every top striker will do that. He is not in a circus to entertain people, he is here to score goals , which by the way is one of the most entertaining aspect of football.

RedCurry

He's not just a goal scorer for us. He runs channels, gets involved on the right wing, brings the wingers into the game. He also occupies both centre backs almost for the whole game. And then he still puts the ball in the back of the net regularly. If our team starts finding him a bit more regularly inside the box, he will light up the league.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Ten goals in his last eight games for club and country.

You can't really ask for, nor expect, more than that. Supreme start to the season.

Last edited:

IrishRedDevil

There was never any doubt.

An absolute steal for £75m :drool: Cheers Everton, you muppets.

He should have had an assist for Mkhitaryan too.

Kopral Jono

Strong, intelligent and lethal in front of goal. All you need in a number nine. So glad we have him.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Beast and skilled at the same time.

Have seen visible improvment from him in just 6 games.

So lucky to sign him: he will score so many goals for us in future.

Eddy_JukeZ

His all-around play has been much better than I thought it'd be.

And he's banging in the goals. Been superb so far.

Did some good work today running into the channels and using his strength. Didn't have to do try that hard, should be rested for Everton. Great header for the goal

Dante

Average bang
His touch and technique under pressure, with his back to goal, is fantastic. It may not be silky, but nobody has a silky touch with a 6' 2" CB on their back. Lukaku is one best I've seen at riding out those challenges and doing something useful with the ball. That's all you need from a striker. I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Bwuk

6 in 6.

What do we think the aim is for him this season? 30+ in all comps? 35+?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's very quick. In the interview with him and Rashford that was posted a few days ago, he claims he's quicker than Rashford. Playful banter perhaps, but he really is so explosive when he has to run the channels.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Sharp and lively again today regardless of the goal. had him as MOTM

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
6 in 6 and his overall game was very good today. Should have had assist too.

His first goal looked sure goal, it was sort of lucky block by defender.

Devil may care

Scoring a decent amount of goals was never in question, what I am pleased to see is the movement and energy he's showing up top, often when I saw him for Everton he sat on the periphery, didn't close down and waited for the ball to come to him, tonight he was making some really good runs off the ball and applying pressure to both their defenders and their deepest CM.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Goal machine. With no injuries he could be hitting 35-40 goals this season.

RedStarUnited

6 in 6.

What do we think the aim is for him this season? 30+ in all comps? 35+?
40+

Ibra got 28 and he missed a bucket load.

Funny thing is I dont even think we are making as many chances for Lukaku as we were for Ibra last year.

Minimalist

He's doing his job pretty well.

Can't wait to see if he can raise his game even further when Zlatan comes back into the fold to provide some competition.

NinjaFletch

40+

Ibra got 28 and he missed a bucket load.

Funny thing is I dont even think we are making as many chances for Lukaku as we were for Ibra last year.
I've had this impression, but I don't know how true it is. He's top scorer in the league with 4 goals from 20 shots. Only Kane has had more with 28.

Obviously that doesn't tell you the whole story of the quality of those chances but as a general rule the striker that takes the most shots scores the most goals, and he's right up there on that front.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
"yeah, he scores goals but that's about it" has to be one of my least favourite expressions to describe a player. not that anyone's accusing him of this, so i'm not sure i'm saying it now in the first place, but this guy is a goal machine. absolutely delighted to have him

Status
Not open for further replies.