Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's 1 of the worst chants I've ever heard ffs :lol:

Acole9

Outstanding
His all round play last night was the best I've ever seen from him, hopefully this is something he's looking to really work on.

Danny Roberts

As previously said, and this was the case at Everton where I saw him loads as my Dad is a Blue, on his day everything about him looks perfect. I don't think anything has especially changed or improved at United. His touch, intelligence, interplay, everything, is sometimes unbelievable. At other times he can seem to have an awful touch. I don't think that will change but hopefully we'll see more of the good and less of the bad.

Reactions: Penna

Duafc

Village Lemon
5 from 5 for us and he scored 26 in all comps last year (25 in PL 1 in FA cup)

I think if he stays injury free he'll get high 20s in the league and over 30 all comps - only snag being how we work it when Ibra comes back.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

I think if he stays injury free he'll get high 20s in the league and over 30 all comps - only snag being how we work it when Ibra comes back.
If he was good at pens he could break into the 30s in the league.

Duafc

Village Lemon
If he was good at pens he could break into the 30s in the league.
In his entire career he's scored 11 and missed 5.

I dunno what the going rate is but for a striker I think thats average teetering towards poor. I'd still give him our next few and hope for the best.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Rooney has 34 scored and 9 missed, which makes Lukaku's look pretty bad as I didn't event think Rooney was shit hot at pens.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

6 in 6. The Super cup goal counts!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Rooney has 34 scored and 9 missed, which makes Lukaku's look pretty bad as I didn't event think Rooney was shit hot at pens.
I don't remember Rooney missing a key penalty. His misses were when we were already leading.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not really the point is it? And even if it's true I suspect it's more down to chance than anything else.
In a thread about Lukaku, if Rooney's even mentioned, i would have thought it's open to extend on the comments

Danny Roberts

I meant the fact that he, in your memory, hasn't missed costly ones. Unless you're suggesting that Rooney just didn't concentrate when it mattered the fact he missed a fair few is more important than that he was lucky not to have missed important ones.

MiceOnMeth

RVNs best season he scored 25 in the league which is very doable for Rom but I just can't see him scoring anywhere near 14 in Europe like Ruud did for us that season, granted some of those were in qualifier's weren't they?

red_john

RVNs best season he scored 25 in the league which is very doable for Rom but I just can't see him scoring anywhere near 14 in Europe like Ruud did for us that season, granted some of those were in qualifier's weren't they?
He should of scored 3 last night with the chances he had so nothing stopping him matching RVN. We just need him to keep scoring regular to keep his confidence high. So glad we have got him in our team now! Important player

SATA

I like how he offers more than Zlatan to the team with his runs and movement and he'll without doubt score against the cannon fodder, but not sure if he'll struggle against the top teams especially the ones in the CL

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
does what it says on the tin.

Absolutly no compiants with him so far. In fact, the way he has slottd in and made immediate impact is quite remarkable.

Imagine how effective he will be when the team is truly build around his style and habits along with some improvemnets from him.

barmyarmy

Romelu Lukaku has scored on his:

Man Utd debut
Man Utd Premier League debut
Man Utd Champions League debut

Danny Roberts

Perfect start and great for his confidence. He knows he is/can be world class so no real surprise he's settled having been at Chelsea and Everton and knowing the PL. It really was a very safe buy and, as I've said all along, decent value too, even if you call it £100m (with add-ons and Rooney)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Romelu Lukaku has scored on his:

Man Utd debut
Man Utd Premier League debut
Man Utd Champions League debut
You can add Super cup debut too :D

He also scored for WBA and Everton in the first game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't remember Rooney missing a key penalty. His misses were when we were already leading.
That's not a good way of looking at it. Rooney has missed pens when we had slender leads with loads of time to play.
I remember the ones against Arsenal and Liverpool.
IMO, those are key ones also.

Ban

Is it true that he said it's nothing special to play vs Everton and he doesn't care what happens with them?

steve88

Was it ever confirmed that we were always going to bid for Rom even if the Griezmann transfer went through?
Something like that would never be confirmed
Didn't Jose say that we were after morota but could not sort out a deal with them. I think we were after 2 strikers/attackers I think Lakaku has proved to be the better of the two, Lukaku did say that Jose was contacting him for a while and he admitted he listened to other clubs offers but we seemed the more interested in him.

djdhrubs

Am seriously impressed with Rom. He's very good at getting on the shoulder of the last defender and timing runs. He's also constantly on the prowl, very watchful, doesn't seem to play with any emotion until he scores, and importantly, his head doesn't go down if he misses easy chances. Really glad we have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.