Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think the Hernandez comparison is valid actually.

Some people seemed to think we were signing a player whose game was massively dependent on physical strength whereas in reality he could often be rather frustrating in how little he physically imposed himself on the opposition. Most of his Everton goals came from pace, timing runs and that knack for being in the right place at the right time that players like Hernandez make their career on. Obviously his physical strength is an asset but I'm fairly sure he'd still be very effective even if he was slighter physically.

The point he makes about being a student of the game is probably the thing I like most about him. I remember being impressed by an interview with him maybe five years ago where he spoke about pouring over dvds of other strikers and trying to figure out specific things they did to apply to his own game. With that sort of mindset it's no surprise that he has inproved year on year.

Last edited:

haram

I think he makes better use of his physicality whilst running, than he does whilst stationary. I think the other players need to support him better in these situations. Pogba coming back will help immensely.

Chelsea 1:0 Man Utd

Pace Abuser

Has he EVER controlled a ball fired in to him when under pressure? You just have to stick a foot out infront of him from behind and it's flown back to oppos.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Another average performance against decent team. He's still young though, and maybe can learn a thing or two when Ibra is back.

Zoo

Criticism is misplaced. We are outnumbered in midfield and Mkhitaryan is a waste of space as usual

mu4c_20le

Thought he did well with his shot early on, any wider and it would've most likely hit the post or gone wide. Need to give him more opportunities like that.

Bwuk

Far too lazy. You see Rashford sprint to try and win the ball, Lukaku just jogs.

Hasn't imposed himself enough. He could do with developing a nasty streak.

IrishRedDevil

I don't mind him having quiet games but I really want him to get stuck in more and to start using his weight and strength to barge and bully defenders.

Treble

Created space for himself and placed a good shot. A bit isolated but it's hardly his fault.

LoCalXT

Can't really blame him tbh. He has genuinely had only ONE bad game in a United shirt.
Good luck getting a goal when you playing 4v1 or 3v1 most games. Since Pogba went out , out play has been SHITE !

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Thought he did well with his shot early on, any wider and it would've most likely hit the post or gone wide. Need to give him more opportunities like that.
What? It was almost in the middle of the goal. He did well to get set himself up, but it was a poor shot with neither power nor accuracy.

He’s not getting in the game at all, and we’re not set up to give him much assistance, either. Hopefully we’ll be able to move our team a bit higher in the second half, and at least give Chelsea’s defenders something else to think about other than just Lukaku.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's an isolated #9 in a team losing the midfield battle. Do people not understand how football works?

All the wanking over Morata in the match thread and saying we bought the wrong striker is so dumb. Morata would be having the exact same problem right now in this side.

lsd

The Oracle
If he had the same chance Morata had he would have buried it the same way.

El Zoido

He's an isolated #9 in a team losing the midfield battle. Do people not understand how football works?

All the wanking over Morata in the match thread and saying we bought the wrong striker is so dumb. Morata would be having the exact same problem right now in this side.
Yep exactly right.

NinjaFletch

Do you even need to ask?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Exactly this.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just wish he would get a few chances the service has been really poor the past few games
When the service isn't there for big teams you want your striker to create something out of nothing or keep hold of the ball well. Lukaku can't do that at all. Put someone like Lewandowski or Van Persie from 4-5 years ago in and you know they could hold the ball up and at least create for others.

acnumber9

Can't even hold a defender off. People are pulling the wool over their eyes if they think he's a footballer.

Smithy_123

Not going to win anything when our big money signing is incapable of showing up against any side better than mid-table - especially when he's our striker.

People will try and defend him today. They may even partly be right. But it's a known fact he can't perform against decent teams. You expect more for £75m

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Should have signed Morata. He is a different level in general play. That’s what we need.

RonW

Come on, he needs to be better than he is now. His limitation as a tactical player is being found out in these big games. Unless you give the ball to him in a plate, he's pretty useless to say the least.

Walters_19_MuFc

Started well when we had the ball and created chances. As Chelsea started to dominate, he didnt offer much, which isnt really a big surprise.

Addled

For a big strong man, he seems incapable of holding up the ball and bringing others into the game. That said he doesnt seem to get too much support from our wide players.

Plato

I'm going to invent a name for these players like Lukaku and Fellaini who can't play outside the box. Nonballers.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Isn't good enough. Never has been, never will be. What top Europeon club would have Lukaku as their main man up front? We are never going to challenge at a top level again with players of this quality. Everton was his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.