Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Yesterday was just another example of him scoring against big team. He'll be more than alright.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
For me he did ok yeah should done better with a few chances but unlike ibra, lukaku is stretching play more and can get behind players. Mark my words this lad will do the business for us.

AgentP

I think the nerves got the better of him during few key moments. But overall, he has all the right tools to be a successful striker in the PL for us. His true litmus test will be in the CL.

Oldyella

Wish he would do more runs.

This team lacks off the ball movement. Would be worth it if we paid $50M for someone and all he does is make runs all game
That seems to have been the issue with us for the last several years, including Fergies last few seasons. Zombie football etc..

Hugely annoying seeing other teams players pass and then move to space, hardly rocket science. Mata and Mhiki are only players we have who do anything similar.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Shocking miss.
Happy with him.
Although an inferior player, I think he will help our attack more than Zlatan.

El Zoido

Looked a bit nervous at times but I'm delighted he scored. It'll do him the world of good too.

He'll score loads this season, absolutely no doubt in my mind.

Siorac

25 league goals would absolutely take us to the next level.
Far from guaranteed. It didn't take Everton to the next level. Ibrahimovic's goals didn't take us to the next level either.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Zlatan gets us that too (unlucky injury). So not sure how he elevates us compared to losing Zlatan.
Zlatan didn't score 25 league goals and missed a few crucial sitters during that spell we drew far too many matches. Lukaku got 25 at Everton, should get even more chances here.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Far from guaranteed. It didn't take Everton to the next level. Ibrahimovic's goals didn't take us to the next level either.
Zlatan didn't score 25 league goals. What level would you expect Everton to reach realistically?

They would have been mid table without him so I disagree with him not taking them to the next level.

Danny Roberts

He will score against the big sides. His record against them last term was the best in the top flight (among the top strikers at least) which is all the more impressive given Everton finished 7th and the likes of Kane, Sanchez, Costa, Aguero played for sides that finished above them. The stats below are from April but I think they prove the point.

He isn't as mobile as I would like but he's nailed on to bring a lot of goals and will definitely turn some of our draws into wins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39521532

Craig Ward

He'll do well, he is nailed on to be 20+ goal this year.

My worry is our support to him needs to improve. We cant leave him isolated

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Cant complain about his performance against Real.
2 big chances where he exactly was in the position a top striker should put himself of which he missed one quite badly but converted the second.
Our midfield and wingers need to produce then he will give us the goals.
He is more or less the Anti Benzema.
Not involved in the build up too much but has the killer instinct.

BenjaminP

Can't imagine with Ibra coming back, we would have Zlatan, Lukaku, Fellaini, Matic, Baily, Tony on the field all at once.
What a group of warriors. The names above would already create a fear factor for our opponents.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Can't imagine with Ibra coming back, we would have Zlatan, Lukaku, Fellaini, Matic, Baily, Tony on the field all at once.
What a group of warriors. The names above would already create a fear factor for our opponents.
Nah. Great teams will simply pass around our warriors.

Al-jose Mourin-son

Needless to say, if we create as much as we did last year & take our chances, I can see him touching 30+ goals this season in all competitions.
And if all goes well a Golden Boot for him come end of the season with the PL trophy.
It's Jose's second season after all. :nervous:

Fracture90

So and so performance from Lukaku imo. He was cut from the game for the majority of the game, had little to no delivery but he still managed to get into a good position for those 2 chances (terrible miss and a goal) which shows he has good instincts.

I'll give him some benefit of a doubt regarding that offside from Herrera's interception because I can't quite decipher whether he has seen it was Ander that had deflected the ball or he thought it was a bad back pass.

He had some brainfarts, had good hold up and link up game, he positioned himself well for those rebounds and he scored a goal.

Overall OK, performance but he will need to up his game in order to be a success.

NoPace

That was with a manager who could win the league with a team cobbled together, making them play better than they actually are. Not Mourinho who seems to need the perfect player in every position before United can apparently start expecting consistent results.
Mourinho got us into the CL and a couple small cup wins his first season. He also has pretty consistently gotten defensive players to play better than they actually are.

Now that we have a talented and very balanced midfield trio, I wouldn't rule him out finding a way to get just enough offensively for us to be in the title race.

Right now, I think it looks like this:

City
Chelsea, United, Spurs
Arsenal, Liverpool

so if City have a bit more trouble against the 10 men defences they'll face over and over than people think, or if we get a proper star season from Rashford, Mkhitaryanor or Martial I could see it.

moodyred

Alot of people expect the goals coming from Lukaku to improve us. The number of goals he score will probably cancel out those Zlatan scored last season.

I feel that the key difference he makes to the team will be his strength in holding play and his dangerous runs which is likely to free up the others to attack more. Zlatan is abit more static in comparison. I am hoping to see more goals from the others because of his involvement.

Danny Roberts

Lukaku can and will play most games, whilst Zlatan couldn't. Lukaku is on the way up, whilst Zlatan was/is on the way down. And Lukaku scored more goals last term in a worse side so I don't think it's accurate to say the goals will just cancel each other out. Lukaku's 37 goals in all comps will massively improve us. It's also worth noting he has a tendency to go out wide so gets a decent number of crosses in and also had quite a few assists for Everton.

ColvaleGoa

Morata scored and assisted one today! Pressure on Lukaku now. Bet the press and Haters are sharpening their knives for tomorrow. He is going to be under microscopic scrutiny tomorrow. Every bad touch or mis hit is going to made into memes to rub it into our face. Better be prepared!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Come on big man, open the league account tomorrow.
Just so I don't have to see my smug bosses face telling me he told me Rooney would do better!!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Morata scored and assisted one today! Pressure on Lukaku now. Bet the press and Haters are sharpening their knives for tomorrow. He is going to be under microscopic scrutiny tomorrow. Every bad touch or mis hit is going to made into memes to rub it into our face. Better be prepared!!
I don't think anyone is going to mention Morata's goal as the big story from Chelsea's game today do you mate?:lol:

Werd.

Love how his presence is already stretching the oppo's defence.

Shark

@NotShark
I love the man! Pace, power and more intelligence than people give him credit for. He's going to take us to special things.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I've liked what I've seen from him today, and not just the goal.

His movement is good, giving defenders something to think about all the time, he's powerful on the break and faster than you'd expect for a man of his size, and he's always communicating. A number of times after moves had broken down he was shouting to/at other players telling them where he wants the ball playing next time etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.