Ronaldo | Refused to come on as sub, left OT | Axed from squad for Chelsea & fined 2 weeks wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is a massive piece of shit both in his personal and professional life. His behaviour all season has been up there with the worst of any footballer. He can do one.

your name would be quite apt for him both as a footballer and person, actually.
:lol:

RedDevilQuebecois

Judging by the reaction of this forum and social media, you'd think he had just committed a war crime. Everyone getting their knickers in a twist.
Are you for real? The team is starting to establish a new identity and to become a very dominant unit despite being short of a few new elements to come. When the team wins, no player has a right to behave like that, heat of the moment or not. If Ronaldo can't show any better that the team comes before his own ego, then he has no right to be in the match squad. Zlatan had to suck it up in Milan, accept whatever minutes he was given, and let that approach serve as an inspiration for the younger players.

Despite that last statement on Instagram, Ronaldo has to do a lot better than that if he wants to be in everyone's good graces again.

Amir

That's what happens when you have to manage the retirement of a legend, it's a big problem, it's difficult and it requires good dressing room management.
They don't want to play rubbish time with the game decided. Those minutes are played by kids from the youth academy, a mid-level player or someone coming back from injury.
Discuss with him privately how much he will play or play 45 minutes against crap teams but don't make him irrelevant(even if he is).
We all know what Cristiano is like but I don't think Modric, Kroos,Benzema, Messi etc would be happy with something similar.
In his final season before his final retirement, Scholes came on very late on in a few matches. And nothing happened.

It's not about handling a legend. It's about handling a legend who is an arsehole.

A manager should be free to bring on anyone he thinks is right at any given time.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
this has all worked out perfectly for ten hag.

predator

Youth NITK
He is a massive piece of shit both in his personal and professional life. His behaviour all season has been up there with the worst of any footballer. He can do one.

your name would be quite apt for him both as a footballer and person, actually.
My name? Do you mean a username I picked on here when I was 18 years old? :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The purpose of that message was to tell us that he played elite football for 20 years.

Huddsred

Judging by the reaction of this forum and social media, you'd think he had just committed a war crime. Everyone getting their knickers in a twist.
No I just want to see him gone. He doesn't give a feck about United and would rather see us lose without him than win. We're better off without characters like that.

saivet

A lot of words without saying much. An implied admission that he was in the wrong was probably hard enough for him to even make. I suspect that we'll see him back in the EL vs Sheriff but his minutes will be limited even more than now until January.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Last year smash a young fans phone, this year walk off because he doesn't get subbed off, the sooner he's shipped out the better.

When he writes shit like "I've always done, I haven't changed" etc, it's trying him to side step what he did.

Age has caught up with him, he's over the hill.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Redcafe, Facebook, twitter. The latter seems a bit less fussed over it all.
All three? Have you no friends?

And people are acting fairly logically I think. The highest paid team member of global sporting institution acting like a spoiled child for the benefit of the global TV audience because, although the team had a fantastic night, he didnt play, is always going to be news. Which is why the prick did it.

Abraxas

The amusing thing is Ronaldo has made Ten Hag's life quite easy.

I don't think Erik was ever in love with the idea of starting Ronaldo too often despite what he said in public. His actions as far as picking him tell their own story. He was at best willing to placate him to maintain squad morale and freshen things up. I think he's just a body to Erik ten Hag because he knows he's past it and former glories mean little in terms of tangible results on pitch. A body that can fill in while Martial is injured.

By acting like an idiot he just makes the decision making very easy, he can be left out with nobody really questioning his treatment of the player because it's now just a manager doing what a manager has to do. Theres no grey area, and it may hasten Ronaldo's leaving which is probably what the manager wanted anyway.

predator

Youth NITK
All three? Have you no friends?

And people are acting fairly logically I think. The highest paid team member of global sporting institution acting like a spoiled child for the benefit of the global TV audience because, although the team had a fantastic night, he didnt play, is always going to be news. Which is why the prick did it.
When you say friends do you mean best friends (BFs) or best friends forever (BFFs)?

I have 3 BFs and 2 BFFs.

saivet

I don't think Erik was ever in love with the idea of starting Ronaldo too often despite what he said in public. His actions as far as picking him tell their own story. He was at best willing to placate him to maintain squad morale and freshen things up. I think he's just a body to Erik ten Hag because he knows he's past it and former glories mean little in terms of tangible results on pitch. A body that can fill in while Martial is injured.

By acting like an idiot he just makes the decision making very easy, he can be left out with nobody really questioning his treatment of the player because it's now just a manager doing what a manager has to do. Theres no grey area, and it may hasten Ronaldo's leaving which is probably what the manager wanted anyway.
I agree with this. Think ETH thought he could utilise Ronaldo in the right set up and be a useful player at times. Him not turning up to pre-season meant he wasn't match fit and not used to his tactics and now this just gives him an easy way not to play him. It's a shame as if Ronaldo could humble himself to be a squad option and take on board ETH's instructions he'd be a good option to have in the squad.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

Totally, especially after last night's performance.

justsomebloke

Piers Morgan having a go:

The way Ten Hag seems to delight in humiliating
@Cristiano is pathetic. Sticking the world’s greatest ever footballer on the bench, making him repeatedly warm up, then not even use him as a sub, is just staggeringly disrespectful to United’s top scorer last season.

I post this just in case anyone needed further reassurance that EtH has done totally the right thing. Piers Morgan vehemently disagreeing with it, what more could anyone need by way of confirmation.

Fitchett

This

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Piers Morgan having a go:

The way Ten Hag seems to delight in humiliating
@Cristiano is pathetic. Sticking the world’s greatest ever footballer on the bench, making him repeatedly warm up, then not even use him as a sub, is just staggeringly disrespectful to United’s top scorer last season.

I post this just in case anyone needed further reassurance that EtH has done totally the right thing. Piers Morgan vehemently disagreeing with it, what more could anyone need by way of confirmation.
Piers Morgan gravitates towards anyone else with a fragile ego. Nothing else to see here. Two man childs.

Status
Not open for further replies.