Ronaldo | Refused to come on as sub, left OT | Axed from squad for Chelsea & fined 2 weeks wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greck

We didn't miss jack. He's ineffective enough with good service. People want to transplant Ronaldo at the end of every opportunity when we have more than enough examples that games play out different with him.

fallengt

Have people forgotten Omonia away? He couldn't score even when oppo allowed him to.

criticalanalysis

Sky Sports are playing a montage of Ronaldo's best moments like he's passed away or something. Are you kidding me? This is hilarious baiting stuff.

Even Neville is calling it out with a comment.

tariqo

Supports
barcelona
Roy Keane on Ronaldo
“ last year ronaldo played with a bad team & still scored goals “

can someone please remind him that this bad team finished 2nd the year before his friend came back

The way he keeps defending becomes more & more cringe

Dion

Which ones? Italy won the world cup, Argentina won copa america, France won the World Cup, Germany transitioned into their new manager (who by the way already made his team look better than ours). All this happened since Southgate joined, and hes done nothing against any meaningful side and won feck all.

Il make a thread asking if anyone thinks Southgate is a shit manager and we can take the debate there. Wary of derailing this thread.
Portugal, The Netherlands and France didn't even get past the first knockout round at Euro 2020, neither did Germany (who we knocked out). Belgium only made it to the quarters. All of those clubs are much better than that level. Germany didn't even get out of their WC group in 2018 and Portugal, Argentina, Spain etc. all went out in the first knockout round.

You either don't know what "shit" means, or your rating scale goes from "very good" to "shit" with nothing in between. Neither is a particularly great thing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not quite sure what Keane's trying to argue here, bringing up Scholes, Cantona and Ferdinand's misdemeanours 20 years ago.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He wouldn't get into any of the chances we had today, he's so slow and not brave enough with very limited ability these days, so not sure why would anyone miss him today.

Wonder if he felt relieved when we missed some of those chances or cheered for us deep inside him.

Greck

Have people forgotten Omonia away? He couldn't score even when oppo allowed him to.
It actually just goes to show how sentimental his support is. We just drew to newcastle with Ronaldo starting, how is anyone coming back so soon to claim his absence as why we drew to a much stronger team?

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Prime Keane would've gone ballistic if he'd had to share a dressing room with a player like this Ronaldo. If he was capable of neutrality, he'd admit as much.

Lee565

Not quite sure what Keane's trying to argue here, bringing up Scholes, Cantona and Ferdinand's misdemeanours 20 years ago.
But they were one off's, ronaldo has been trying to undermine the manager from the very start and has been very public about it as well like ego maniac that he is, you can not say the three examples used by keane did anything as similar as that

Lee565

We missed martial tonight, not ronaldo, obviously you won't see that narrative pushed by media and the abundant of asian ronaldo fanboys

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It actually just goes to show how sentimental his support is. We just drew to newcastle with Ronaldo starting, how is anyone coming back so soon to claim his absence as why we drew to a much stronger team?
Ronaldo is Martial on steroids, he only needs a few minutes away from the pitch to be back to his prime.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But they were one off's, ronaldo has been trying to undermine the manager from the very start and has been very public about it as well like ego maniac that he is, you can not say the three examples used by keane did anything as similar as that
And he's missing the very key part to it.

Those 3 players were at the peak of their powers or about to come into it.
You always let your best players get away with a bit of messing, but now he doesn't warrant that treatment.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I changed my mind. Feck it. Just tear up the contract and pay the greedy bastard whatever is contractually owed. I don't want us having to give him any money but I think it's essential now. kick him out now.

Tired of him and his mates being disruptive. Everything is about him. We couldn't play like we did the last two matches with him starting. Plus, he's been in Europa league and can't score for shit. None of this is the manager or club's fault, yet all these media shithouses and ex players are constantly going on about him. Feck him and them.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The post match analysis is evidence of why we need to pay him off if we have to. The nonsense being pushed by his ex teammates is incredible.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The post match analysis is evidence of why we need to pay him off if we have to. The nonsense being pushed by his ex teammates is incredible.
I hope Ronaldo's paying them at least to defend him! Otherwise I can't understand what their agenda is.

Imagine losing your whole damn credibility to defend this guy's behaviour and throwing others under the bus to make your point. Terrible.

Fully Fledged

It’s not nonsense, it’s different perspectives, you don’t get to decide what people can post on the forum. His ability in the air and finishing ’could’ have been invaluable. But he behaved like a child and ruled himself out.
As has been said above this season we average 2.3 when he doesn't play and .5 when he does. It doesn't matter if he could possibly get a shot on target we can't afford to carry him.

cyberman

Sky had Ronaldo talk lined up thinking we’d lose and it was awkward, and out of place, when they just went ahead with it anyway.

Name Changed

weso26
Whatever shite the likes of Rio and Roy are spouting won't have any affect whatsoever on what ETH does.

Irwin99

EtH has handled this situation really well in my opinion. He's pretty much left the ball in Ronaldo's court with this quote after the Chelsea game:

"As always, he can score goals and he has value for us. We need him, it’s clear and you see it also in this game. He can finish off, that’s quite obvious."

Clearly believes in him and says there is a way back. Hopefully we can put all this stuff behind us and see how it all is in January.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Roy Keane on Ronaldo
“ last year ronaldo played with a bad team & still scored goals “

can someone please remind him that this bad team finished 2nd the year before his friend came back

The way he keeps defending becomes more & more cringe
These pundits don't realize that Ronaldo has actually gotten during last season. It's not like je maintained a high level from August to May.

Strelok

Thank God I could watch the entire match without the camera randomly showing his stupid face today. Please keep it this way.

MDFC Manager

EtH has handled this situation really well in my opinion. He's pretty much left the ball in Ronaldo's court with this quote after the Chelsea game:

"As always, he can score goals and he has value for us. We need him, it’s clear and you see it also in this game. He can finish off, that’s quite obvious."

Clearly believes in him and says there is a way back. Hopefully we can put all this stuff behind us and see how it all is in January.
Yeah without the midweek nonsense, Ronaldo would have played a fair bit tonight. ETH has shown who's the boss but he's certainly pragmatic to keep him until he can get replacements in.

djembatheking

Thank God I could watch the entire match without the camera randomly showing his stupid face today. Please keep it this way.
It was great, the whole team seem so much more united when he isn`t playing, they all fight for each other and the way they all celebrated when Casemiro scored was ace. All the bullshit from his ex team mate pundits makes you feckin sick and I just hope Ten Hag sticks to his guns in doing what is right for the team and driving this self centred bell whiff out of the club.

Strelok

It was great, the whole team seem so much more united when he isn`t playing, they all fight for each other and the way they all celebrated when Casemiro scored was ace. All the bullshit from his ex team mate pundits makes you feckin sick and I just hope Ten Hag sticks to his guns in doing what is right for the team and driving this self centred bell whiff out of the club.
Totally agree. I really hope so too.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Portugal, The Netherlands and France didn't even get past the first knockout round at Euro 2020, neither did Germany (who we knocked out). Belgium only made it to the quarters. All of those clubs are much better than that level. Germany didn't even get out of their WC group in 2018 and Portugal, Argentina, Spain etc. all went out in the first knockout round.

You either don't know what "shit" means, or your rating scale goes from "very good" to "shit" with nothing in between. Neither is a particularly great thing.
France however won a world cup to earn their manager the goodwill of demonstrated pedigree.
Netherlands were not in a level to compete, and their manager was no good either. Do you know what you're debating anymore?

Dion

France however won a world cup to earn their manager the goodwill of demonstrated pedigree.
Netherlands were not in a level to compete, and their manager was no good either. Do you know what you're debating anymore?
The Netherlands were far better talent wise than their showings. And France won a World Cup (albeit with a side far, far better in terms of quality than the current England side) which earns their manager goodwill? So we accept that a manager who gets their team to a final, wins one and gets knocked out in the first knockout round is at the very least pretty good? Good enough to earn goodwill. But a manager who takes a far less talented side to a semi-final and a penalty shootout in the final is "shit"?

What do we describe all those managers in between those two as then? Or the ones below that?

Like I said, it's a nonsense argument which is divorced from reality. If Southgate is shit then more than hard of the international managers around today are way worse than shit and every England manager since Ramsey is shit (and he only won one tournament with England and got knocked out earlier in the other, so maybe he's shit too?). It's a nonsense, childish system. By any measure Southgate is at least a competent if uninspiring England manager. His consistency of results at major tournaments alone justify that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The Netherlands were far better talent wise than their showings. And France won a World Cup (albeit with a side far, far better in terms of quality than the current England side) which earns their manager goodwill? So we accept that a manager who gets their team to a final, wins one and gets knocked out in the first knockout round is at the very least pretty good? Good enough to earn goodwill. But a manager who takes a far less talented side to a semi-final and a penalty shootout in the final is "shit"?

What do we describe all those managers in between those two as then? Or the ones below that?

Like I said, it's a nonsense argument which is divorced from reality. If Southgate is shit then more than hard of the international managers around today are way worse than shit and every England manager since Ramsey is shit (and he only won one tournament with England and got knocked out earlier in the other, so maybe he's shit too?). It's a nonsense, childish system. By any measure Southgate is at least a competent if uninspiring England manager. His consistency of results at major tournaments alone justify that.
Ive made a thread to ask the wider audience if hes a shit coach/manager.

Il be surprised if even 10% thought he wasnt. You can track it yourself.

sepulturite

It's amazing that we have people coming back in here after the match today like nothings happened with him and saying we could really have done with him, it's like they live on another planet

alexthelion

Missed him today, chances being made could have done with a finisher. Especially with Rashford and Sancho both being fairly bad today.
No, we missed a CF who can score goals, make runs to open up play and hold play up with back to goal, none of which Ronaldo can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.