Ronaldo | Refused to come on as sub, left OT | Axed from squad for Chelsea & fined 2 weeks wages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It's unnecessary behaviour and such a damn shame. He needs to understand that staying quiet is his best option right now, otherwise it's embarrassing for him.

As I said in the match thread, he just can't play the way he used to and he won't or can't accept this. Unfortunately for him, we're not in a position to indulge him or any player.

Plus, why the disrespect for United of all teams? We've always treated him well (even after the first tantrums he threw to go to Madrid), and he can't even pretend to show us some respect.

Vapor trail

His fanboys so quick to defend him :lol:
Which is unjustifiable, I'm interested to hear what Rio has to say as he's basically backed his stance since the beginning of the season. Ronaldo should have left in the summer.

the_cliff

He is a good squad player and that’s all he is now
We all knew he was never going to be happy on the bench
This ain’t going to end well
He's not even that unfortunately. Welbeck would be a better squad player than him.

He's finished at the top level, the sooner he realises the better for his own mental health. I actually feel sympathy for him. Madrid doing so well without him and Benzema winning the Balon Do'r must've been another hit to his ego and he's taken quite a lot lately.

DancingPanda

My dislike for him are growing bigger for each passing day.

It would've been a different story had he played himself and been disappointed at his own performance after a lost. At least you could have argued that it was a sign of passion or whatever. But when you've just seen your teammates put in their best performance of the season? You swallow your fecking pride and PRETEND that you care at the very least.

It's so obvious that the only thing he gives a shit about is himself.

wolvored

TH should bollock him in front of all the players tomorrow and tell him he will start on the bench again against Chelsea and if he walks off early again if not subbed on, he wont make the bench at all for the next.

lilcurt

I'm done with him.

How many players have sat on the bench for him throughout his career. Have some respect for your teammates, your manager and your club and sit there and suck it up, you're being paid.

I'd rip up his contract but the Glazer's won't do that. If Martial is fit enough to sit on the bench at the weekend then don't even let Ronnie travel.

Shiva87

Let him start the cup games with the kids and score goals to come.back.into this team.

Till that happens, he shouldn't be starting. His workrate doesn't justify being a part of a team built to press on the front foot. Spurs play out 8 out of 10 times today if Ronaldo plays. They barely got out with Rashford, Bruno, Fred, Sancho and Antony covering so much defensive ground.

So good to see Rashford doing that again. He was becoming a diva and ETH has given him a wake up call.

Goals for Rashford need to start coming now. He is doing everything else brilliantly again. Finishing letting him down.

His pace and understanding of space make us one of the best teams on the counter. No one else can do that in world football except Mbappe and to a (slightly) lesser extent Haaland.

GMoore23

Is Giggs a legend?
When did Giggs ever disrespect United. He's the ultimate United legend, it just sucks he's a horrible person outside football.

Ronaldo is one of the all time greats but no United legend in my eyes.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
feck him, he’s done at United and everyone knows it.

United Hobbit

Apparently ETH will "deal" with him tomorrow

The irony is he's pushing himself further back in the pecking order, for the very thing he's stropping over! Think he's quickly realising unlike Ole, ETH doesn't have favourites and you're picked based on performance (as it should be) and he's being treated like any other player, not getting special treatment because of who he is.

Who would take him?

Boondog

There's no excuse for him to pull that when he is supposed to be a source of leadership and wisdom for this team. That should be his role at least I think. He is basically undermining his own position by giving in to his feelings.

And if it is a situation he cannot accept then do what you have to do. Come to an agreement with the team that involves your exit.

As always I will add that being an all time great must certainly be a burden to some extent. In that way I feel for him. But he is missing an important opportunity to transition into the wise old guy who can coast into irrelevance instead of crashing into it.

Flying_Heckfish

Yeah, that's bullshit
Is your contention that Giggsy isn't? Or that Ronaldo is? Because I am confused.

The bar for a United legend is very high. Ronnie was obviously great as an individual for us first time round, and gave us many great moments... but it was fleeting.

DevilRed

Best for both parties if he leaves.

only problem is that nobody will take him.

We also will need to replace him in January and it won’t be easy to get top tier targets then.

At this point it’s easy to see that once he leaves, this team will go up a level.

Similar to when we got rid of RVN.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There's no excuse for him to pull that when he is supposed to be a source of leadership and wisdom for this team. That should be his role at least I think. He is basically undermining his own position by giving in to his feelings.

And if it is a situation he cannot accept then do what you have to do. Come to an agreement with the team that involves your exit.

As always I will add that being an all time great must certainly be a burden to some extent. In that way I feel for him. But he is missing an important opportunity to transition into the wise old guy who can coast into irrelevance instead of crashing into it.
He should do what Zlatan did for AC Milan last season, play when he is given time and be grateful about it. Zlatan was a big inspiration for their title win not because of his performances but because of his influence off the pitch.
Ronaldo is just way way too self centered to have the intelligence to transition into that role

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Total knobhead behaviour. Hope Ten Hag drops him completely. Tried to make it all about him, showing complete disrespect for his team mates and club on what has been a great night.

Boondog

He should do what Zlatan did for AC Milan last season, play when he is given time and be grateful about it. Zlatan was a big inspiration for their title win not because of his performances but because of his influence off the pitch.
Ronaldo is just way way too self centered to have the intelligence to transition into that role
Precisely. And that does not make me angry. Rather it makes me sad.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I’m starting to despise him. Which is a pity. Grim end to the career of someone who was once one of our shining lights. Always a bit of a twattish vibe but never expected this sort of toxicity from him. Just a very very selfish twat.
I mean this behaviour isn't a secret. Is our terrible transfer policy of recent years not partially to blame?

Equally he could just not be a dickhead.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Its such a shame how sometimes the greats end up with their careers crawling to such disappointing ends. George Best was my football hero but his career just meandered off into a sad mess of an ending and along the way he caused so much bad feeling.

GMoore23

Which is unjustifiable, I'm interested to hear what Rio has to say as he's basically backed his stance since the beginning of the season. Ronaldo should have left in the summer.
I honestly couldn't give 2 fecks what Rio has to say. He was a great player for us but comes across a right twat as a pundit.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
On a side note, I still can accept or forgive the fact that he forced move out of United to join a club that wasn't at the top.

cletus7

If the 450k/week we pay him doesn’t soften blow to his pride of being on the bench, then what’s the point of paying him that money??

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Exactly! And Zlat go himself another trophy in the process!
We give into Ronaldo and we don't progress. We can't have a whole club indulging one person? Surely he understands that?

LARulz

He's done a post game video already but not seen it yet. I imagine he'll say the usual "of course he's not happy he is just like that" and refuse to say if it's acceptable or not when we all know the answer

Marwood

Its such a shame how sometimes the greats end up with their careers crawling to such disappointing ends. George Best was my football hero but his career just meandered off into a sad mess of an ending and along the way he caused so much bad feeling.
His career is ending nothing like George Best's.

He's squeezed every last bit from his playing days.

This now, yeah he's playing up, but when the footballing world looks back in 20 years it won't get a mention.

What I would add is that Ronaldo has always been like this. At 18 he barely celebrated when his team scored it
If it wasn't him. We've seen him at Madrid visibly annoyed that his teammate scored and he didn't. He's always been about himself.

It's just that so far everything has gone great for him. Now it's not the way he is is standing out more.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
His fanboys so quick to defend him :lol:
This is the equivalent of the BBC and other news orgs quoting tweets from randos as breaking news and prevailing opinions.

The modern day's strawman

kouroux

Exactly! And Zlat go himself another trophy in the process!
We give into Ronaldo and we don't progress. We can't have a whole club indulging one person? Surely he understands that?
Which has showed me that Zlatan has been on a massive WUM most of his career, he's always played a role of being a dickhead and larger than life player. Him accepting that inevitable reality was impressive and it helped the entire team.
I think Ronaldo is too delusional for that

kouroux

This is the equivalent of the BBC and other news orgs quoting tweets from randos as breaking news and prevailing opinions.

The modern day's strawman
They are as randos as they are caf members. There are real people defending that behavior, it's real, I didn't invent anything

adamwest

Ah yeah. Signing him was a terrible idea. But, like you say, he doesn’t have to behave like a selfish prick. Or at least, he could be a bit less obvious about it.
Yea the thing is the entire situation is, as it’s progressing, making him look like an absolute fool. But he keeps chipping away. Really makes you realise how deluded people can become with fame/dosh.

tomaldinho1

A non story about a non starter.

Get him out in Jan, get a hard working striker in who will likely end up being cover, literally just a grafter like Adams at Soton will do on the cheap and then go for an elite player on summer.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I just can't understand why you would just leave like that especially when your mates (and indirectly you yourself) are winning and completely dominating Spurs of all teams. Celebrate ffs. What a donkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.