Rooney Charged: Faces Two Match Ban for cursing | Appeal lost

December_16

Can you bring this sort of issue to, say, the Court of Law? Like a lawsuit against the FA for discriminatory treatment? Banning Rooney for this sort of stuff is like slapping kids in the face when they sneeze in class. No common sense or justice whatsoever.

Man-United

So every detail in the papers is true then Harry as you commented on how stupid Rooney is without hearing him first.

After all the things we have read about Harry, they are true then?

Devil may care

Some are talking as if the ban is definite, the way it read to me was that it could be a fine or a ban..

wr8_utd

:'(
Even I would say "Whaaaat? F***ing Whaaaaat?! if I was made to kiss the same camera Noble kissed....twice.

Claymore

Claymore - WUM

OK mate, I'm sorry. What Rooney did was wonderful, best thing I've ever seen and I think all players should swear at the camera or say things every game. I also think the FA should give him a Farleys rusk and a special award for this brilliant act. Drogba swearing at the camera was so much worse because fire came out his mouth and melted the expenisve video camera.

That better? :smirk:

wr8_utd

:'(
Good point by someone on Twitter. What if a foreign player swears in his native language on camera? Is that fine because no one will understand it?

Then question then arises that, should Rooney learn how to abuse in another language?

RK

They should punish Noble too. My friend's son was sent home from school today for following Noble's example and sexually abusing his classmates.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Two game ban? The FA can feck themselves. Do the right thing and retire from England Wayne. feck them. England depend on our players to fire them to glory, then use them as a scapegoat when something goes wrong. I hope to see the day Fergie refuses to send our English players out on international duty.

I REALLY hope we lift that Premier League trophy at the end of the season. It'll be a big 'feck you' to the media, ABU's and The FA. One of the most satisfying title wins if it happens, and with it being #19 is a massive bonus to piss the Scousers off even more.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Has anyone pointed out yet that the FA have actually re-invented the meaning of their own rules in order to justify this?

The rule he's been charged against refers to conduct towards opponents and match officials.

They've just decided as of this morning that the wording refers to everything else too. A bit like if I went into work tomorrow and found out I was being given disciplinary for wearing jeans and no tie, when I went to the cinema with my mates last week.

Are they even allowed to do that? and in what scenario would you do that if you wasn't bent as feck or deliberately targetting someone?...there isn't one

SATA

Ronaldo sweared something along the lines in his native language, didn't he? Putaaaaa or something like that

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Some are talking as if the ban is definite, the way it read to me was that it could be a fine or a ban..
BBC are reporting that without appealing it'll be a two game ban, maybe the thought is with an appeal it can be reduced to a fine?

Either way, the ban looks likely, since appeals don't tend to work.

arjwiz

Ofcourse this is ridiculously discriminatory, but I do think this could spur us on to a great season.

Firstly, I think that Berbatov and Hernandez are more than capable to fill in adequately for the two games, leaving Rooney to give his all for the 2 CL games.

More importantly, I think this could be the motivating factor that finally gets a lot of fans who were still on the fence about Rooney to finally get behind him. It's relationship theories coming into play - when two entities (the fans and Rooney) are united behind a common enemy (The FA), the two entities get drawn together.

I think this could bind all the players, fans, staff, and Rooney, providing a huge boost during the 'business end' of the season.

Kelvin

BBC are reporting that without appealing it'll be a two game ban, maybe the thought is with an appeal it can be reduced to a fine?

unless you are John Terry

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
OK mate, I'm sorry. What Rooney did was wonderful, best thing I've ever seen and I think all players should swear at the camera or say things every game. I also think the FA should give him a Farleys rusk and a special award for this brilliant act. Drogba swearing at the camera was so much worse because fire came out his mouth and melted the expenisve video camera.

That better? :smirk:
You've got a lot of stick in this thread but if you seriously think people were ok with Drogba being banned because he said "fecking" then you're off your head.

Kleberson

I really feel he will just get a warning or mostly a fine. The FA should take into consideration what Rooney's intentions were and then judge the incident on that....

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
unless you are John Terry
Of course, that goes without saying. He's got the tears of a lion that man, wouldn't want him to bring those out.

Chabon

Ronaldo sweared something along the lines in his native language, didn't he? Putaaaaa or something like that
He screamed "SON OF A WHORE!" in Spanish after scoring against West Brom once.

B Cantona

Desperate
Why is it whenever something like this happens, everyone outside of the FA's regulations whinges about consistency, incompetence, the media etc. instead of addressing the actual problem and calling the integrity of the FA into question?

If you can't make calls without common sense, bias or prejudice then you should be stopped from being allowed to make any decisions of similar nature straight away. The FA actually base half of their decisions on bias and prejudice, and none on common sense, and until someone calls them up for what's actually going on they're going to carry on doing it.

Imagine if a Court of Law started operating as the FA do. How many decisions would it be allowed to make before someone put a stop to it. One? maybe two at most?

The ban shouldn't be that much of an issue for United, but it's just so embarassing and soul destroying that a governing body operates this way and no one has the balls to say or do anything about it. It's been going on like this for about five years now.
This is the passage:

A participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.
So basically anyone can be done for anything, so long as a sufficient media crusade is launched to whip said non-incident into a frenzy

In fact they really ought to scrap their passage and use my far more relevant one instead

Claymore

Your analogy is funny because you now believe that Rooney was telling the FA to feck off - interesting.

Well he kind of was when he decided to swear directly at the camera, knowing they will be watching. He may as well have gone the whole hog.

But no, I was just highlighting that people swearing on the pitch elsewhere is not the same as going up to the camera and swearing down the lens. It hasn't and never will be the same, which is precisely why MOST players have the sense not to do that. The ones that do, IE Drogba and Rooney are punished for it.

Lets wait until other players do it before demanding consistency and not use unrelated/different incidents to compare.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well he kind of was when he decided to swear directly at the camera, knowing they will be watching. He may as well have gone the whole hog.

But no, I was just highlighting that people swearing on the pitch elsewhere is not the same as going up to the camera and swearing down the lens. It hasn't and never will be the same, which is precisely why MOST players have the sense not to do that. The ones that do, IE Drogba and Rooney are punished for it.

Lets wait until other players do it before demanding consistency and not use unrelated/different incidents to compare.
There you go again.

Drogba wasn't punished for swearing.

HTH.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
So you're saying that all the hundreds of players in the league have no passion when they score goals, because THEY DON'T swear at the camera?

I'm getting bored of saying this....... BECAUSE THOSE PLAYERS DO NOT PUT THEIR FACE TO THE CAMERA AND TELL THE VIEWERS (WHOEVER THEY MAY BE) TO F*CK OFF. Simple enough?

That's not even the point, you only don't see them swearing because most of the time a camera isn't flung in their face, is this the first time you've seen a player swear on t.v? No it isn't and if you say otherwise you're a liar.

So you use capitalisation as if that makes your point valid?

Wasn't the camera put to his face and didn't he say 'fecking c'mon' anyway?

You see there are a lot of facts in this case and you've missed every fecking one of them, which is quite a feat.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Either the FA are trying to make up for not banning him for elbowing McCarthy, or they're doing it to appease the media.

Either way, they're ridiculous.

Wes

Extremely harsh and pointless decision, though I'd back United to win the two games with the players we have

Hopefully Rooney'll learn his lesson though; when every hack is bleeting on about respect and your own manager is suspended, don't shout obscenities down a camera lense

ntripunovski

Its a stupid ban..... I tought the ban will contain only cash charge.... I dont know... Something like 20.000 pounds.... Its silly Rooney got a ban of not playing and he did not hit no one and he did not go to the fans to insult them.... If this thing continue I'm affraid that if sometime Vidic misses a ball or make something stupid and curse to him self like feck.... How the hell did I miss the ball... And afterwards get 1 2 game ban for cursing... Non sence

Devil may care

Ugh. :( The other problem is that the FA don't like being questioned and appeals can lead to extra games being added to the ban.

Since this was the first time Rooney has done this, a fine and warning should have been the end of it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
All this recent targeting of us will only make it sweeter when we once again become champions in May :keano: