Rugby 2019 Discussion

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Until the 2nd test of the Lions series two years ago, the All Blacks went 50 years without a player being sent off. Jerome Garces is many things, however, there is no doubt he is strong enough to send an All Black off.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
The stats are all in Australia's favour but worryingly, the Wallabies are only ahead by 4.
Brent Pope used to always give out on the telly here that Ireland had to lose the underdog mentality and take these sorts of chances. Australia have to be confident and brave now and take the chance.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Brent Pope used to always give out on the telly here that Ireland had to lose the underdog mentality and take these sorts of chances. Australia have to be confident and brave now and take the chance.
Crucial the Wallabies don't go into their shell and don't believe they've already won just because they're a man up for the rest of the game.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Solakaia Loto scores for Australia. Good patience by the men in gold.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Kerevi bulldozing through Beauden Barrett was reminiscent of Jonah Lomu on Mike Catt.

arnie_ni

If this new waist high tackle law comes in surely dropping the shoulder as a ball carrier has to be illegal as well

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Tonight's crowd is a ground record and a record for a sporting event in Perth. Worth pointing out there are temporary seats which won't be in place for AFL games played at this ground.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
That try from Beauden Barrett is a reminder for the Wallabies that this isn't over.

arnie_ni

I've often thought it's odd that that bump seems to be allowed still nowadays.
I know if lead with the elbow at all its a penalty. Happened to me as a tackler a couple of season ago, took an elbow to the face and the guy got a red.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
This is a record score from any team against the All Blacks as well, eclipsing the 46 scored by South Africa in 2000. Wallabies 1-0 up in their quest to regain the Bledisloe Cup, Springboks need a draw to against Argentina win the Rugby Championship.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Oh and let's remember that if Wales beat England at Twickenham this Sunday, Wales become the number 1 ranked team in the world.

Hephaestus

Oh and let's remember that if Wales beat England at Twickenham this Sunday, Wales become the number 1 ranked team in the world.
Would be our first time ever ranked number 1, just need a draw so I reckon we'll lose by a point in the dying seconds.

freeurmind

weak willed
This is a record score from any team against the All Blacks as well, eclipsing the 46 scored by South Africa in 2000. Wallabies 1-0 up in their quest to regain the Bledisloe Cup, Springboks need a draw to against Argentina win the Rugby Championship.

And they got far more than that. Really proud of this team and the work theyve done turning themseves around. Rassie Erasmus is a great coach and deserves all the plaudits and more.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Fair play. Happy for Erasmus too. Ireland's chances at the WC looking very grim :D
Mate, how confident are you that your blokes can get it right for the World Cup? Sure South Africa look good but like any team they're beatable and the AB's haven't produced a brilliant performance since they beat the Wallabies 40-12 in Auckland nearly a year ago.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Mate, how confident are you that your blokes can get it right for the World Cup? Sure South Africa look good but like any team they're beatable and the AB's haven't produced a brilliant performance since they beat the Wallabies 40-12 in Auckland nearly a year ago.
Not confident at all. I think I said in this thread a while back the only hope I'd have is that we wrote off the 6N deliberately and held back a load of innovation for the WC. Joey Carbery crocked his ankle yesterday and Sexton looked poor in the 6N. I'm absolutely delighted that Jack Carty is getting his shot, but we're seriously light at 10 if the other two don't make it. We have to wait too to see how Conor Murray looks because we might be light at 9 too.

Away from the backs, it's a real shame that Leavy is crocked too. It has the distinct feeling that the world cup has come around again at the wrong part of the cycle for us.

That being said... who knows, maybe Joe Schmidt has got a master plan after all and we'll light up the WC :D

Good for England to resist the comeback after the 6N games where they couldn’t.

And good result with key men not in the match day squad.

Next week in Cardiff should be a good game. England probably bring players in, Wales take some out?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Now that the dust has settled on Bledisloe 1, I'm somewhat concerned about the All Blacks scoring 4 tries despite having just 35 possession for the match. They'll probably have closer to 50% possession at Eden Park and if the Wallabies are to win, they'll have to keep New Zealand to no more than 25 points.