Rugby 2019 Discussion

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ireland are surprisingly shaky.

RORY65

Half time. This Irish team seems really down a few gears from last year's.
Everything just looks off in comparison. Clearly the half backs are not at their best but the quality at the breakdown has deteriorated as well, Ireland spent so much time last year in opposition territory wearing teams down while they've spent too much time slowly going nowhere in their own half in the last game and a half. Also a bit disappointed that despite Ireland's best scrummaging second row being in and Scotland being without WP Nel that we haven't been able to get joy at the scrum.

diarm

With my objective head on, Ireland are learning how it feels to go into every match facing manic aggression and desire. Meeting that head on and consistently overcoming it has been what's made the All Blacks such an incredible side over the years. It would appear we would still have a distance to go.

It's one thing reaching (or getting close to reaching) the top, it's another thing entirely maintaining that when everyone is gunning for you.

With my less objective head on - we are shite.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
With my objective head on, Ireland are learning how it feels to go into every match facing manic aggression and desire. Meeting that head on and consistently overcoming it has been what's made the All Blacks such an incredible side over the years. It would appear we would still have a distance to go.

It's one thing reaching (or getting close to reaching) the top, it's another thing entirely maintaining that when everyone is gunning for you.

With my less objective head on - we are shite.
If your first half there is correct, great - it's a useful test.

Suspect it might be a bit of the second half though since we haven't been able to respond to it in two matches now.

RORY65

Superb by Carbery. Rob Kearney has made more line breaks than in about five years.

diarm

Superb by Carbery. Rob Kearney has made more line breaks than in about five years.
That's hilarious - this is literally the message I sent a buddy 10 seconds after that try:

Kearney did well too, is it me or has he beaten more defenders today than in the last 5 years combined?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Ireland somewhat lucky that Scotland had so many handling errors.
Worrisome too that Ireland lacked imagination when threatening inside the Scottish 22.
Still, a win so onwards and upwards.
The mini break should be helpful to get some injured players back.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Ireland somewhat lucky that Scotland had so many handling errors.
Worrisome too that Ireland lacked imagination when threatening inside the Scottish 22.
Still, a win so onwards and upwards.
The mini break should be helpful to get some injured players back.
Was it at least 2 tries they butchered on the final pass? Glad to get the win but I'd probably like to see Schmidt now select sides to grow the squad for the WC as we probably needed a bonus point to have any chance at the championship

Ivaldo gets notions

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The kicking is spectacular. This thread always goes quiet when England are performing well. Where's the threadmark?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This lot is a real embarrassment.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I watched the England v France match which was a terrific result.

Yet again, the refereeing was outstanding.
I really do enjoy watching a game where the referee is shown respect by the players.

To be able to listen to him talking to the players and encouraging them to play within the laws is so refreshing.
Unfortunately, football is the complete opposite with most players using foul and abusive language against the officials.
Quite why football referees let them get away with it is baffling.