Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidbob

I just don’t see the big change in approach that has you worried. We were maybe a bit flat in the autumn internationals but still won every game and Wales couldn’t live with us when we turned it on at the weekend. They’re at a low ebb but Cardiff is never not a difficult place to go. We’re always a bit more laborious when JGP doesn’t start, so I think we’ll kick up another gear when he gets back. There was some mad stat shown during the game about how we were consistently getting the ball out of rucks in less than 2 seconds. You couldn’t ask for a better basis for attacking rugby and with our backs all in great form we’re bound to give someone a hiding soon.

Sexton is what he is. Still our best #10 by a mile. If he’s unavailable it’s good to see Byrne looking as sharp as he is right now. He did well against Wales and has been the business for Leinster recently. Playing exactly the sort of rugby we all want to see.
I'm probably just extra vigilant from being through the build up to the World Cup multiple times and being let down. I honestly believe we can win this fecking thing and play great rugby doing it. To be honest my main problem is that Sexton shouldn't be in the squad and we should be using this 6 nations to blood 2 outhalfs. We still seem to value results over the ultimate prize. Whereas I've seen so many teams (that have won the World Cup) sacrifice the months close to it to try new things. That screams to me that the management don't believe we can win it when I know that we definitely can. We are literally a top 3 team in the World.

I hope I wrong Pogue and it is likely an overreaction. I just want us to finally show what we really are capable of in a World Cup. Both Farrell and the team deserve it.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Don’t get how anyone can be negative about Ireland right now. Perfect start with a bonus point win at a ground where we haven’t won in 10 years and lost two of our best/most important players at the very last minute.

Obviously being a member here during the Fergie years taught me that fans are never happy, no matter how good they have it, but still…
I'm not sure how you can't see the reasons not to be. We're on the cusp of yet again basing the success of our world cup on an injury prone player, a 37 year old one at that. We squandered 4 years where we could have built up backup for him by continuing to use him in even meaningless matches.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I just don’t see the big change in approach that has you worried. We were maybe a bit flat in the autumn internationals but still won every game and Wales couldn’t live with us when we turned it on at the weekend. They’re at a low ebb but Cardiff is never not a difficult place to go. We’re always a bit more laborious when JGP doesn’t start, so I think we’ll kick up another gear when he gets back. There was some mad stat shown during the game about how we were consistently getting the ball out of rucks in less than 2 seconds. You couldn’t ask for a better basis for attacking rugby and with our backs all in great form we’re bound to give someone a hiding soon.

Sexton is what he is. Still our best #10 by a mile. If he’s unavailable it’s good to see Byrne looking as sharp as he is right now. He did well against Wales and has been the business for Leinster recently. Playing exactly the sort of rugby we all want to see.
I said four years ago that if we didn't have someone with the talent of Sexton to replace him, we needed to adjust our game to play to the strengths of the other talents we do have. This was the sensible option because then you could use the pool of 10s you do have instead of relying on a 37 year who regularly gets crocked due to his tackle technique.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Ball in play stats from the weekend via this article:

Wales vs Ireland: 39 minutes 14 seconds

England vs Scotland: 40 minutes and 39 seconds

Italy vs France: 36 minutes and 16 seconds

World Rugby will probably be happy enough with the numbers from the first two games while wishing the Italy vs France numbers were slightly higher. It'd be great if we get closer to 45 minutes of ball in play but that's a way off I suspect. I'd love to see referees impose a 20 second time limit on the forming of a scrum instead of 30.

tentan

Poor man's poster.

That Van Der Merwe try was probably the greatest try Ive ever seen. Maradona-esque.

RedDevilRoshi

That Van Der Merwe try was probably the greatest try Ive ever seen. Maradona-esque.
Thanks for sharing. Lost count how many times I’ve watched that try now, just absolutely incredible!

Certainly will struggle to find a better solo try than that.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Enjoyed the England vs Italy and Ireland vs France games from the U20 Six Nations.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I hope that this irish defense get jailed for harassment. Leave our players alone!

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think in that position it seems impossible for me for someone to keep their foot from touching & then lift it off

RORY65

I think this will be red.

EDIT: Yellow, I think that's probably OK but very marginal.

Wayne's World

What a ridiculous red, absolutely stupidity from the French number 3.

EDIT: How in the name of god is that not a red!?

Status
Not open for further replies.