Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
That's Fagin but there were no paedo vibes there.
Fagin cool thanks. I guess the whole woke culture now has associated any old guy running a racket of pickpocket children just automatically triggers potential paedo vibes.

I stand corrected.

#justiceforFagin

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
So is that yellow not getting upgraded then?
Yeah thought it was within 8 minutes you hear. I’m not really sure why it’s taking them the full time to decide. To me it looked like a red.

Tackle was at 33mins so I guess they’ll just wait until 2nd half to tell us.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Well they said the mitigation was that the Scottish player lowered his body just before impact and the replay they just showed seemed to back that up.

Try Tonga! Game back on
Lead with his shoulder, head contact, high degree of danger.

You’d have to be suicidal not to try and lower yourself a bit to protect yourself. Ritchie hasn’t returned after failing the HIA.

Think it’s a poor decision and a result of the overthinking that seems to have been injected into decision making this World Cup. Been a few other cases of this in other games.

Withnail

You’d have to be suicidal not to try and lower yourself a bit to protect yourself. Ritchie hasn’t returned after failing the HIA.

Think it’s a poor decision and a result of the overthinking that seems to have been injected into decision making this World Cup. Been a few other cases of this in other games.
Well I presume the thinking is the head contact comes about because the player lowers himself and the shoulder was lower than head height. I'm not saying it was a good tackle at all and thought it would have been upgraded based on the initial replay.

As for the other point I don't understand, how would lowering yourself protect yourself?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Well I presume the thinking is the head contact comes about because the player lowers himself and the shoulder was lower than head height. I'm not saying it was a good tackle at all and thought it would have been upgraded based on the initial replay.

As for the other point I don't understand, how would lowering yourself protect yourself?
It’s a natural reaction to lower yourself into your shoulders, turning your head as you head straight onto something. Rather than extending your head up risking it getting whipped backwards…?

Seeing the replay I see where they have mitigated but still feel it’s harsh.

Last edited:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

And rising up in the tackle. I thought that was one of the factors they look for.

Withnail

It’s a natural reaction to lower yourself into your shoulders, turning your head as you head straight onto something. Rather than extending your head up risking it getting whipped backwards…?
You're confusing me a little bit but he lowers his whole body, not just his head. The Tonga lad drives upwards though so that should have been taken into account too.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
You're confusing me a little bit and I'm not sure I really care this much about it but he lowers his whole body, not just his head. The Tonga lad drives upwards though so that should have been taken into account too.
I think it’s very borderline but clearly falls on the side of yellow after the mitigating factors are taken into account.

It’s frustrating from a Scottish POV because dangerous play resulted in one of our players being deemed unfit to carry on, but is what it is I guess.

Had the shoe been on the other foot, I’d personally feel very lucky

RedDevilRoshi

Some of the officiating in this World Cup or rugby in general is fast becoming as ludicrously bad as it is in football. Shame like.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
If Wales beat Australia I expect riots down under or the disbanding of Rugby union.

Status
Not open for further replies.