Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Nawaqantiwasi (or whatever it is) is really good. Aus have some good backline players if they could up the speed and resist the boot

Wayne's World

What has happened to Australian Rugby? It's been on a massive decline for years. Is Rugby as popular in Australia as it once was in regards to Rugby Union?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
What has happened to Australian Rugby? It's been on a massive decline for years. Is Rugby as popular in Australia as it once was in regards to Rugby Union?
england started pumping them on the reg, so they decided not to play it that much any more. cricket is going the same way for them now.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I just saw that there are reports about Eddie Jones having an interview for Japan's job and he allegedly got it. And australians are quite obviously not happy.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I just saw that there are reports about Eddie Jones having an interview for Japan's job and he allegedly got it. And australians are quite obviously not happy.
They should be chuffed as feck, it was an awful move bringing him back and seeing the back of him as soon as possible is their only option

JPRouve

Scout
Do Australia prefer league over union?
What kind of question is that? :lol:

League and Australian Football are religions in Australia, Union is more of a distraction.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Feel sorry for @Xaviesta ….it’s one thing being kicked to defeat by South Africa or England….but it’s not pretty watching wales do it

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
My mate just sent me this

Sonny Bill wouldn't stay on the pitch very long these days :lol:
I know that vid well :D Got to bear in mind that shoulder charges were legal at the time of a lot of those (in league)

JPRouve

Scout
I don't know what it means but an aussie said that about this game:
My sperm count is dropping to zero watching this game.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
What kind of question is that? :lol:

League and Australian Football are religions in Australia, Union is more of a distraction.
Well I dont know! I don’t really keep abreast of Australian culture.

I presumed they were semi interested in it at one point having won it twice and runners up twice! But now they seem to be a bit shit.

RoyH1

It’s so strange seeing the decline of Australian rugby. I know that Union is a niche sport down there, even below football in the pecking order by now, but I’m just used to the Aussies being huge ballers at big events regardless of sport.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well I dont know! I don’t really keep abreast of Australian culture.

I presumed they were semi interested in it at one point having won it twice and runners up twice! But now they seem to be a bit shit.
I lived in Australia. Union was a big deal there. They’re crazy obsessed about sport so obviously are more than semi interested in one they’re very good at. The club game doesn’t compare with other Aussie sports but they fecking love their Wallabies.

Or they did anyway. That was a while ago. I guess that might have changed since they got less good?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Let’s no forget the loss of Skelton and Tupou was huge for them. It’s definitely affected the scrum

JPRouve

Scout
Australians lost their heads, they are done.

Withnail

I lived in Australia. Union is a big deal there. They’re crazy obsessed about sport so obviously are more than semi interested in one they’re very good at. The club game doesn’t compare with other Aussie sports but they fecking love their Wallabies.

Or they did anyway. That was a while ago. I guess that might have changed since they got less good?
Apparently it's been in decline for years and participation is going down all the time. It's falling further and further behind the other sports.

Bit of a vicious cycle as it's very hard to get people involved when your national team is shite because you're not getting enough players through.

Status
Not open for further replies.