Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Italy are in a precarious position - too good for the likes of romania and whoever, but not good enough in the six nations.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Italy are making the game interesting.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't agree with that penalty against Italy.

MoskvaRed

Increasingly hard to justify Italy in the Six Nations. At the game I watched, even Uruguay outplayed them before a yellow card and fatigue kicked in. I was in Italy the week before (Genoa, Liguria) and might as well have been in Mongolia in terms of the amount of publicity and interest in the RWC.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Have the second tier nations ever been this poor in a WC before? Apart from Australia shitting the bed there’s not even been a hint of an upset and the top teams seem to all run up cricket scores in their games against the bottom teams in the groups.
Weren’t Portugal a kick away from an upset. Granted that’s tier 3 vs tier 2, but it’s the best I can come up with.

Until England lose to Samoa tomorrow :lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Is there any chance World Rugby can look to a change of format for the World Cup in some way in the coming future ?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Weren’t Portugal a kick away from an upset. Granted that’s tier 3 vs tier 2, but it’s the best I can come up with.

Until England lose to Samoa tomorrow :lol:
Mind you, I shouldn’t complain. In the last two tournaments it was usually Ireland defeats that provided the biggest upset, so it’s incredibly bad timing to bring this up! :nervous:

JPRouve

Scout
I don't think that the rest is worse, it's just that we are not used to have 4 top nations at the same time. Generally it was NZ with either Australia or SA. But somehow in the past 5 years Ireland and France elevated themselves to the level of SH teams.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I don't think that the rest is worse, it's just that we are not used to have 4 top nations at the same time. Generally it was NZ with either Australia or SA. But somehow in the past 5 years Ireland and France elevated themselves to the level of SH teams.
South Africa’s a northern hemisphere team now anyway. With Australia shit, the southern hemisphere consists of New Zealand

RedDevilRoshi

Have the second tier nations ever been this poor in a WC before? Apart from Australia shitting the bed there’s not even been a hint of an upset and the top teams seem to all run up cricket scores in their games against the bottom teams in the groups.
Pretty much why I’ve zoned out of the World Cup until we reach the knockout stages.The end result is very predictable in these games in terms of how many points are these teams going to get rather than is there going to be fairytale hint of a shock like the one we got back in 2015 with Japan beating South Africa in Newcastle.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Would love to see Scotland win today just to make things interesting. I really, really don't see it of course. I think Ireland will do just as SA did and shut them out.

Here are some of the permutations for group B though:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I can't see the scenario which would see South Africa knocked out coming to pass. I'd be surprised if Scotland won too.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Really scrappy game here. I expect Wales to win, but it looks like it's going to be a bit of a grind. Georgia look very physical in defense.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Ireland, France, SA, and NZ are basically now a Tier 1A compared to this.

Insert rant about the draw here :lol:
Based on the understandable complaining about the draw, a World Cup final between Wales and England would be pretty funny as long as Wales win.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
That was cynical by the Samoan blindside flank coming in from the side of that maul.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Bad miss by Lima Sopoaga. He was leaning back when he made contact which is no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.