Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I have no clue about how realistic or reasonable it is but apparently he is back with the team this thursday and could start training Sunday. And Edwards stated that they expect him to be there for the QF or at worst semi final(if France actually beat SA or Ireland).
Sounds like he is cleared for a quarter final - good news.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I really expected better from Italy. This is a team that nearly beat a full strength France this year and yet they rolled over and got their tummy tickled. Owen Farrell has been to tackling school to iron out some illegalities on his part. Some of the Italians need tackle school around the art of making tackles. The All Blacks played like a side that knew they simply had to win. Frizell at 6 and Jordie Barrett in the mid field added some physicality and the skilful play synonymous with the All Blacks when they get it right was on display in Lyon.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Georgia vs Fiji - A Fijian win with a bonus point and Australia are officially knocked out of the World Cup.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Fiji are playing like Australia, so Georgia has a chance.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Fiji will eventually break through I reckon. Georgia is only defending.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
By the way, there's always this desire for Georgia to go into the 6 Nations but let's be real, they'd get destroyed most of the time.

MoskvaRed

By the way, there's always this desire for Georgia to go into the 6 Nations but let's be real, they'd get destroyed most of the time.
Yes, the argument for change is more that Italy are still fairly useless as opposed to Georgia (or whoever) being good enough.

I expect Fiji to win this game as Georgia tire in the second half.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Yeah, Scotland have been ridden worse than anyone by this draw. Although if they can beat Ireland by more than 8 points (which they’re definitely capable of) then they’re through and Ireland’s out (despite only losing 1 game)
You have nothing to worry about. My perpetual disappointment has geared me up for the Ireland result.

You will be penetrating us without lube. We’ll put up a fight for the first half, but crumble eventually.

However, if Tonga do the unimaginable and beat SA…could you please let us win? Please?

Last edited:

Reiver

Really pleased with our performance against Romania tonight. Just can't see us doing it against Ireland.

I think its between Ireland and France to win it. I'm going France with home advantage.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Rugby World Cup has the cricket World Cup problem with not enough good teams with the added disadvantage of being able to play only after a 5-7 day gap. You want to see the smaller teams grow but not sure 80/90 point beatings do much for the tournament itself.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Yeah, Scotland have been ridden worse than anyone by this draw. Although if they can beat Ireland by more than 8 points (which they’re definitely capable of) then they’re through and Ireland’s out (despite only losing 1 game)
Head to head records count too. So SA need to get a bonus point today for that scenario because of head to head record vs Ireland

Australia vs Portugal

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Australia vs Portugal in St Etienne. Only a bonus point win for the Wallabies will keep their extremely faint hopes of making the last 8 alive.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Australia vs Portugal in St Etienne. Only a bonus point win for the Wallabies will keep their extremely faint hopes of making the last 8 alive.
Australia even in this terrible phase is just too much for us. I hope we make it respectable.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
TRY :lol: :lol: CMON

And what a kick by Samuel Marques

JPRouve

Scout
I stumbled on that article about Australia's issues.

Reading that article reminded me an old article, it was in relation to Brad Thorn and how in Australia top player development at amateur and youth level has often been done through the AFL and League Rugby.

JPRouve

Scout
Portugal have all the qualities outside of power, if Australia employs english tactics they should be fine.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Portugal have all the qualities outside of power, if Australia employs english tactics they should be fine.
It's a no contest, this try shows it. Physically we stand no chance. These stupid mistakes don't help either. I hope we keep it bellow 50.

JPRouve

Scout
It's a no contest, this try shows it. Physically we stand no chance. These stupid mistakes don't help either. I hope we keep it bellow 50.
I hope that you keep that identity and develop players physically.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
oh yeah, the game’s real simple when the answer is “just play like the greatest of all time.”

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Let's see if the didn't step the line. Close to second try

JPRouve

Scout
During this WC too many players seem to forgot that in these type of situations they need to step to the inside otherwise the defense will use the touchline.

JPRouve

Scout
Portugal's scrum half is going to get a yellow for late tackles. He is constantly checking or tackling after the pass is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.