Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

We'll go over and give it a good lash, and anything better than a 28 point drubbing should be viewed as a win, but I wouldn't be too confident about an upset. 37 players is too many for any club to get by without and if Wasps are smart, they'll keep things tight and murder us up front.
I am going to be so, so drunk.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Our backline is excellent but the pack and bench, particularly in the tight 5, is very, very callow.

5 debuts with 2 in the front row, one at lock and one at number 8 is a worry. 4 of those 5 are from the U20's and there are another 7 potential debuts off the bench.

None of the 34 who travelled to South Africa are involved, and we have guys like Snyman, Kelly and Edogbo (all locks), Osbourne and Nash out through injury. Hodnett, Chris Farrell and Salanoa are all coming straight in off the back of long term injuries as well.

We'll go over and give it a good lash, and anything better than a 28 point drubbing should be viewed as a win, but I wouldn't be too confident about an upset. 37 players is too many for any club to get by without and if Wasps are smart, they'll keep things tight and murder us up front.
Have we fluked upon our hooker here, it’s rare that we have one who’s decent at the line out, knowing Munster the next time we see any of these kids again they’ll be in there late 20s, don’t think I’ve watched a game that the Wycherley prop has played since Clermont

diarm

Have we fluked upon our hooker here, it’s rare that we have one who’s decent at the line out, knowing Munster the next time we see any of these kids again they’ll be in there late 20s, don’t think I’ve watched a game that the Wycherley prop has played since Clermont
Wycherley has had a bad run of injuries to be fair. Hodnett would've been established in the first team by now were it not for injuries as well.

I'm not sure we'll be waiting too long to see those two, Buckley and Campbell back in the side.

Guys like Okeke, French and O'Connor, as promising as they are, still look very raw and should rightly be left develop for a while longer.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
So JVG is gone :D, hopefully we can finally get a coach who isn't afraid of everything.

I don't think rowntree will move up to take them big job he seems content in being a coach, the dream would be ROG, maybe prendergast with what he's doing at racing and then you have Felix Jones who looks like he is ambitious and eventually wants a to job.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Ran out of steam unfortunately. What could have been.

Building a great squad though, and that was with Mack Hansen missing today.
Yeah. Leicester’s bench was just too strong. Connacht looked good though, the backline’s really dangerous

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The plucky team that everyone likes to watch :lol:

Andy Friend does a hell of a lot with limited resources. Really great at player development and motivation.
Yeah. I chuckled when the commentator said your ground is the hardest to kick at in Europe….because it’s got no stands :lol: :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Conditions are brutal but Munster are just so bad to watch these days.
I don’t watch much URC, but when I do, it’s always that fecker Davison and it’s always a shocking match :lol: it’s like the competition wants me to hate it

diarm

It was awful, but this was the best 30 seconds of rugby we've ever played under Van Graan:

Inject that Coombes offload into my veins.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Absolutely insane score. I was out so wasn't watching but it's seems like it was a bit of a weakened team allied who put in a pathetic performance.
It was a very weakened team due to covid and injuries.

diarm

My god I'm still angry for Castres this morning.

That last 10 minutes was the worst passage of refereeing I can remember watching in any professional sport.

Adamson was simply not going to allow that game to end until he had the result he wanted.

No slight on Quins - fair play to them for sticking in games right to the end every week, but that was an absolute farce! There must have been 10-12 bullshit decisions during that last 10.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
My god I'm still angry for Castres this morning.

That last 10 minutes was the worst passage of refereeing I can remember watching in any professional sport.

Adamson was simply not going to allow that game to end until he had the result he wanted.

No slight on Quins - fair play to them for sticking in games right to the end every week, but that was an absolute farce! There must have been 10-12 bullshit decisions during that last 10.
I really dislike that ref. I feel he's given some awful decisions against Connacht in recent seasons too.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Just on the Quins match last night, I only saw the match winning 'try'. I was under the impression the ball had to be grounded on the line. Seems that's not the case now.

I should also mention that Matt Adamson made his way into Dave Rennie's bad books after Wales beat Australia last year. Rennie didn't do a Rassie but he did publicly criticise Adamson.

diarm

Getting worried about this Welsh game on Saturday. The world and his mother is writing off Wales, which is generally when they rock up and fluke another Grand Slam.

Farrell has named a pack that is too powerful and strong for their green looking Welsh counterparts, and a backline of players who have all been in scintillating form all season. Wales are missing around 4000 caps worth of experience and their regions haven't been able to bate eggs all year.

So it's pretty much guaranteed that Aki will be sent off 10 minutes in and Wales will kick a penalty in the dying seconds to win by 2.

Offsideagain

England will face a tough match up at Murrayfield especially as the weather will be shit. Not much handling rugby I suspect, even more kicking than usual. It will be close and could go either way.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
England will face a tough match up at Murrayfield especially as the weather will be shit. Not much handling rugby I suspect, even more kicking than usual. It will be close and could go either way.
It’s got a proper ‘watch from behind the sofa’ vibe this one :lol: :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Getting worried about this Welsh game on Saturday. The world and his mother is writing off Wales, which is generally when they rock up and fluke another Grand Slam.

Farrell has named a pack that is too powerful and strong for their green looking Welsh counterparts, and a backline of players who have all been in scintillating form all season. Wales are missing around 4000 caps worth of experience and their regions haven't been able to bate eggs all year.

So it's pretty much guaranteed that Aki will be sent off 10 minutes in and Wales will kick a penalty in the dying seconds to win by 2.
I think you’ll steamroller them…..which probably means you’ll lose narrowly

Zoo

Agree that Wales could get steamrollered. Serious lack of ball carriers in the forwards and in the backs Josh Adams is being tried at centre for the first time alongside Nick Tomkins who can’t tackle.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Scotland have done pretty well in Calcutta Cup games against England under Gregor Townsend and I think that will continue this weekend. The match at Murrayfield will be Brian Moore's last game with the BBC. Used to love listening to him getting riled up and angry by what was unfolding in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.