Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
After saying all that, I actually didn't watch the second half :lol:
I'll watch the highlights today. What an incredibly embarrassing scoreline for Scotland. This Irish team play beautiful rugby though, it's something else.
I watched the whole thing but didn’t enjoy most of the second half. They’re basically kids. You can’t take any pleasure from watching that level of humiliation. At home too. In front of friends and family. Grim.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Joe Schmidt has publicly stated that not only will he not apply for the All Blacks head coaching role, he won't be part of the All Blacks' set up after the World Cup.

Schmidt's statement: ''I have really enjoyed being back on the grass coaching with the Blues and the All Blacks. I very much appreciate those opportunities, but presented with a condensed time frame this year, I won’t be applying for any coaching roles that extend beyond the Rugby World Cup. In the shorter term, I will work hard to support the All Blacks in 2023.”

This pretty much means the battle to replace Ian Foster boils down to Scott Robertson and Jamie Joseph. ''Razor'' is the favourite and it would be a huge surprise if he missed out again. However, NZR does see international experience as important and that's where Jamie Joseph has the edge.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Fijian Drua beat Scott Robertson's Crusaders 25-24 in Lautoka today leaving the reigning champions with a record of 1 win and 2 losses to start the season. I went to the Drua's last trial match and they're a better side, more polished side than last season. Kicking conversions was a problem in the trial I attended which they won and it was an issue again today. Nonetheless, they still won.

sully07

My daughter is working on the Netflix documentary about the 6 nations. She has been assigned to the team filming the Irish and having a great time. I’ve taken her to Twickenham before but she has been to Cardiff, Rome and currently in Edinburgh. She will be in Dublin for St Patrick’s day but won’t be able to enjoy it properly as working but looking forward to it.

She says the team are great, helps that she has an Irish surname I think. Says the players have been great.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Fijian Drua beat Scott Robertson's Crusaders 25-24 in Lautoka today leaving the reigning champions with a record of 1 win and 2 losses to start the season. I went to the Drua's last trial match and they're a better side, more polished side than last season. Kicking conversions was a problem in the trial I attended which they won and it was an issue again today. Nonetheless, they still won.

I watched the Drua last weekend and they were a much improved side. The home crowd was epic as well. Still had that pesky Fijian trait of ill-discipline and a lack of defensive coordination but I’m pleased they’ve put it together for 80 minutes. The ‘saders doing Razors job application zero favours :lol:

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
My daughter is working on the Netflix documentary about the 6 nations. She has been assigned to the team filming the Irish and having a great time. I’ve taken her to Twickenham before but she has been to Cardiff, Rome and currently in Edinburgh. She will be in Dublin for St Patrick’s day but won’t be able to enjoy it properly as working but looking forward to it.

She says the team are great, helps that she has an Irish surname I think. Says the players have been great.
That’s pretty sweet! Good year for it as well, I’m sure it helps that the team are on song and playing like the number one team in the world

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I hope Damon Murphy's whistle isn't the star of the show which is often the case when he referees a game.

Last edited:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

Savage! Didn't know there was going to be a doc.

Dan_F

Not sure about going for the corner at 10 points down, but taking the 3 at 17 points down.

Scriblerus

Anyone suffering while watching France hand England their arses on a plate at the moment may take a shred of solace from the fact that arch Brexit bellend Richard Tice has tweeted that he is in the crowd and is now presumably hating every second of it.

Dan_F

Anyone suffering while watching France hand England their arses on a plate at the moment may take a shred of solace from the fact that arch Brexit bellend Richard Tice has tweeted that he is in the crowd and is now presumably hating every second of it.
Yeah not helping to be honest.

Abraxas

So let me get this right.

We sack a bloke that won us numerous Six Nations, got us to a WC final, has a highly respectable win rate, basically a respected international coach another top nation was only too happy to take...only to appoint someone much much worse. Why?

We then get tonked like this...

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

As an Irishman I would be surprised to hear otherwise!

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I don't care about who wins the tournament, I hope that you batter them.:drool:
Playing for the title in Dublin against England is great.

We owe them after our showing in Twickenham a few years ago when we got hammered

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
As a Scotsman, I’m not particularly hopeful for today.

However, if by some miracle Scotland win, I will eat a turd live on stream.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The question is do I watch them simultaneously or attempt one followed by the other, while somehow resisting the urge to look at my phone at all during the whole thing.
The Rugby game is more important and will likely be fun, two actually good teams that will try to score points.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The Rugby game is more important and will likely be fun, two actually good teams that will try to score points.
Yeah I’d be going with the rugby personally. Extended highlights of football is usually enough to catch everything worth seeing

Status
Not open for further replies.