Rugby Union 21/22/23 Discussion | RWC time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Ben O'Keeffe and Wayne Barnes are probably privately praying their respective countries don't get to the final.
I know Wayne Barnes gets a bad rap from most, but at least he's consistent with being extremely picky. This guy here is really bad. Never liked him

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I swear any time I watch Rugby ( not often) and see this ref, it usually results in penalties galore.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Fiji's scrum half is a bit daft, he tries long passes for no reason and make England defensive job easier.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Brainless penalty after brainless penalty. It’s like they’re trying to prove every single stereotype right about Fiji’s flaws as a rugby team. Woeful set pieces, terrible discipline and constant bad decisions.

God it’s rough watching a shite team and wanting them to somehow not be shite. I thought I’d get a break from that with no PL football this weekend.

kidbob

I'm actually torturing myself watching this after last night. I can't believe the level of mediocrity will be rewarded with a semi final place. If Fiji had any discipline I don't know how England would score much.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Brainless penalty after brainless penalty. It’s like they’re trying to prove every single stereotype right about Fiji’s flaws as a rugby team. Woeful set pieces, terrible discipline and constant bad decisions.

God it’s rough watching a shite team and wanting them to somehow not be shite. I thought I’d get a break from that with no PL football this weekend.
:lol:

Poor Pogue. Please tell me the younglad's football team are on a hot streak?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I'm actually torturing myself watching this after last night. I can't believe the level of mediocrity will be rewarded with a semi final place. If Fiji had any discipline I don't know how England would score much.
It does seem really unfair, and extra salty because it's England. Sport can throw up some cruel narratives.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It's the mistake we make time and again though
We would need a historic turnover of players to prevent this at the next World Cup, Berine, Lowe, furlong, JGP, VDF, bealham Henderson all the wrong side of 30, I’m just including the players I think will have a chance of making it, you can get away with having an older prop, but the backs have to be young or in there prime, the French have 1 back over 30 and he’s a back up the kiwis have 2 in smith and Barrett

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
We would need a historic turnover of players to prevent this at the next World Cup, Berine, Lowe, furlong, JGP, VDF, bealham Henderson all the wrong side of 30, I’m just including the players I think will have a chance of making it, you can get away with having an older prop, but the backs have to be young or in there prime, the French have 1 back over 30 and he’s a back up the kiwis have 2 in smith and Barrett
It's why I hope France win this. They took that very ambitious decision to rely on youth after the last world cup. It's such a pity that Ntamack didn't make it.

RedDevilRoshi

This ref wouldn’t look out of place as a PL football ref. Certainly loves the sound of his own whistle.

JPRouve

Scout
The issue with the ref is that he is biased, he never refs teams equally. Here you can see that he is happy to sanction Fiji for fouls without warning when he either gives warnings or ignore english fouls. And he doesn't thaat every games, sometimes he switches and starts being unfair to the other team and gives leeways to the team he was unfairly reffing.

Swedish_Plumber

Fiji are shite. Record books won’t show the quality of this side of the draw. A semi final is a semi final. England will probably get pumped but you never know.

kiristao

I watch Rugby only during the world cup and have very limited understanding of the game so correct me if I am wrong but how has this Fiji team made it to the qtrs?
Seems so much weaker physically compared to England. Struggling to win thier own throw-ins more often than not. The kicking has been the worst I have ever seen. Not just for free kicks but even the clear out kicking has been very poor.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It's why I hope France win this. They took that very ambitious decision to rely on youth after the last world cup. It's such a pity that Ntamack didn't make it.
Hopefully they go on to win it now, the last season with Munster was a joy to watch even at the start where we weren’t setting the world alight but you could see the amount of players that rowntree was willing to bleed or give a more prominent role after the dark days of johann

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I watch Rugby only during the world cup and have very limited understanding of the game so correct me if I am wrong but how has this Fiji team made it to the qtrs?
Seems so much weaker physically compared to England. Struggling to win thier own throw-ins more often than not. The kicking has been the worst I have ever seen. Not just for free kicks but even the clear out kicking has been very poor.
@Pogue Mahone can answer that.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It's... Rebekah Vardy.

I mean, the draw.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Australia being absolutely shocking, basically.

Dan_F

Because Australia are even worse currently.

Tarrou

Australia were awful basically

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
when a side as good as england play, it’s not unusual that they make the opposition look rubbish.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They were in a piss easy group, basically. They got here despite losing two games already. Including against Portugal. Who are one of the lowest ranked teams in the whole competition.

JPRouve

Scout
Worse draw in the history of sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.