Ryan Giggs - 900

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
One of my friends on Twitter just wrote this and I couldn't agree more:
Chris Hoy didn't get caught fecking his brother's wife. As great as Giggsy is, he ruined any chance of a knighthood when he failed to keep his dick in his pants.

Ash_G

Chris Hoy didn't get caught fecking his brother's wife. As great as Giggsy is, he ruined any chance of a knighthood when he failed to keep his dick in his pants.
Yep such a shame. Beckham is a shoe in for one eventually. Scholes getting one would be awesome but I can't see it. Giggs though is just not gonna happen.

Varun

Staff
Never understood the fuss about being knighted. After the kind of career he's had and the things he's won, I doubt he'd care too much about not being knighted for whatever reason. There are many absolutely incredible sportsmen who havent been knighted and quite a few not as good as them who have been, nothing to lose sleep over and certainly not in any way an indicator of how great a sportsman has been.

Edmeiste

Never understood the fuss about being knighted. After the kind of career he's had and the things he's won, I doubt he'd care too much about not being knighted for whatever reason. There are many absolutely incredible sportsmen who havent been knighted and quite a few not as good as them who have been, nothing to lose sleep over and certainly not in any way an indicator of how great a sportsman has been.
To me, it's like getting your Phd. Obviously, that's not the best example but it takes a while to get to that point and once you've reached it, it's nice to be given the appropriate title as well as being approached in that manner ('Dr.' instead of 'Mr.')

Red Panda

In honor of his great achievements I thought I'd post this youtube vid of Ryan Giggs (Wilson) playing for Salford Boys very early in his career. I guess most people have seen it tbh but if you haven't it's the earliest vid I could find. I think there might be one of him playing for Deans Road somewhere?..anyway here yer go :)

IrishLegend

Plenty of people who've had affairs have been knighted.

He deserves a knighthood for service to sport. I don't see how him servicing other women is related.

eric le roi

Sir Ian Botham? Renowned shagger and smoker of weed. I think he got his for the charity work he does though, not the cricket.

Not arsed whether Giggs gets one but why on earth Chris Hoy has one is beyond me. A gold medal in a boring minority sport, yet Daley Thompson who has TWO golds in the Decathlon doesn't?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Does Botham like a blunt? My respect increases.

BaldwinLegend

Sir Ian Botham? Renowned shagger and smoker of weed. I think he got his for the charity work he does though, not the cricket.

Not arsed whether Giggs gets one but why on earth Chris Hoy has one is beyond me. A gold medal in a boring minority sport, yet Daley Thompson who has TWO golds in the Decathlon doesn't?
I think Daley more or less chucked his away when he whistled through the national anthem on the medal podium, and then started all the japes about the Duchess of York iirc...

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
In honor of his great achievements I thought I'd post this youtube vid of Ryan Giggs (Wilson) playing for Salford Boys very early in his career. I guess most people have seen it tbh but if you haven't it's the earliest vid I could find. I think there might be one of him playing for Deans Road somewhere?..anyway here yer go :)

That's awesome. Cheers.

Varun

Staff
To me, it's like getting your Phd. Obviously, that's not the best example but it takes a while to get to that point and once you've reached it, it's nice to be given the appropriate title as well as being approached in that manner ('Dr.' instead of 'Mr.')
The knighting system is flawed though and quite inconsistent, unlike the Phd where one can actually earn the title. Thats my point about it not really being much of a concern for someone as successful as giggsy.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Pffft if mick 'yes vicar id love some bolivian marching powder' jagger can have one Giggsy should get three.

Ryan giggs ryan giggs running down the wing...

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Only two behind Paolo Maldini's 902 appearances (in 25 seasons) for Milan. Wow.

MarylandMUFan

@6:30 - "I'd rather be playing at Anfield"

:nervous:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Incredible player. I can't believe he's still going.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
He used to. Him and Viv Richards used to share a flat when they played for Somerset. You can imagine what that was like....
Yes I can - "I don't like cricket, oh no! I love it." All hours of the night.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Only two behind Paolo Maldini's 902 appearances (in 25 seasons) for Milan. Wow.
Has surpassed Maldini in every possible way imho, no matter that Maldini has won more CL winners medals (to date).

And Maldini played in defence, a easier position than playing anywhere across the front 6 as well as a few games at left back in his career thus far.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So he should hit about 915 by the season end assuming we make the semi of the Europa Cup. 2 more seasons takes him to 1000. I can see him doing it.

Im 6 months older than Riggsy and so feel like I have grown up with him. I feel flush sprinting 100m and Im still fit and trim as I do gym work and keep fit. I have no idea how his body can still maintain such levels of fitness and protect itself from wear and tear.

If anything, his injury problems have significantly receded as every year has passed. I remember in his early years, he would miss at least 10-15 games a year with pulled muscles as hamstrings as he was as finely tuned as a F1 ferrari. But in recent years, his injury problems seems to have disappeared.

We are going to have to invent some new superlatives/words to acclaim him because there exists no word in the English language right now that does his career justice. In fact, why don't we do that and then lobby for it to be included as a new word for the Oxford English Dictionary?? Phrases like 'squeaky bum time' , 'Fergie Time' and words such as 'bouncebackability' have all entered the English lexicon .... I think we should have a go -

what say you Mods???? Open a new thread and have suggestions, then have a poll for the best idea's, then keep using it and apply to the Oxford Dictionary for inclusion. its very doable!

Varun

Staff
1000 looks very unlikely. closer to 950-960 i believe is where he'd finish.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be honest, it would more glorious and iconic if he lifts another European Cup. Given the mentality Fergie instills, those are the kind of aims i.e another CL, 20th league title etc that Fergie would have him look forward to rather than appearances.

NJ1979

Has surpassed Maldini in every possible way imho, no matter that Maldini has won more CL winners medals (to date).

And Maldini played in defence, a easier position than playing anywhere across the front 6 as well as a few games at left back in his career thus far.
Bit harsh on Maldini, that. He was one of the best defenders for years and years in a league with the best defences in the world. There's very little to choose between them.

Red_Aaron

Can see him getting to 1000 no problem, I still think he's got a season or two at left back in him!

he'll become player manager when he's 40, mostly keeping goal in the league and FA cup games