Ryan Giggs - 900

Cantona07

Most Games are played with ONE Ball but the REAL g
Retire now please.

fecking joke.

26/35 Passes tonight.

10 of which were in the second half so no bull shit excuses of "attacking player trying things" thanks.

0 Chances created.

0 Successful take ons.

1/2 Tackles Completed.

Someone tell me what the point in him is again please?

Ruining his legacy. feck off and retire.

....and feck off it's not a knee jerk, I've been criticising him for being dogshit in exactly this way all season.
feck off. He was better than Rooney today.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Why was he on the pitch at all? He was shit against Wigan. He was shit today. Instead of coming off with Park, he stayed on because we have no midfield. He should never have started.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's pathetic isn't it. It's plain for all to see without the statistics yet there he is in the middle of our midfield with Scholes going off ahead of him every time.

For comparison:

Scholes:

47/48 Passes

7/7 In the attacking third

0 Chances Created

0 Successful take ons

2/3 Tackles

Smores

I've hated him being on the pitch for a while now and I very much dislike that feeling. I don't want to see just 'adequate' performances from our legends. He strolls around the pitch at times like Berba does, it's fecking annoying.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He wasn't. But the "retire now" bollocks is just embarrassing. NOt sure he should be starting big matches right now though.
You actually think he adds anything to out play any more? I mean anything. One goal against Norwich seems to be the only argument anybody has for him any more.

@Pexbo. You're not the only one who vexed right now. But you're saying some things you'll regret later.

Giggs had a useless game out there, which was infuriating to watch. We know why he was left on though. He has the vision and experience to make a telling contribution late on e.g. Owen vs Man City. But he's got a challenge for his squad position now. We can't afford any more passengers despite everything they've done in the past.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He's been written off for many seasons now and come back to prove everyone wrong every single time. Unfortunately, this time it finally is the end of the road for him. I'm guessing his (not so) personal life has taken its toll as much as anything.

But let's not be unfair to him, he's 38. We've wrung every last drop out of his genius and he brought us back to life this season with his last minute winner against Norwich.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Even if it should be the end can we have a bit of respect please? "feck off Giggs", really?

Cina

He should be used a sub next season, not starting half important games anymore, really. He still has a part to play though.

Ridiculous how Fergie never, ever subs him off though.

kps88

He's still a wonderful option to have off the bench. He was NOT all that bad yesterday either.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
He wasn't. But the "retire now" bollocks is just embarrassing. NOt sure he should be starting big matches right now though.
Retire now isn't bollocks. It pains me to say it but he should, he hasn't been inconsistent at all this season, he has been consistently bad this season. Our midfield has been terrible every time he has been in it. I seem to remember during the game last night screaming at the TV for us to be back in shape as Evra was in a 2 on 1 situation in his channel, only for Giggs to arrive late and not really do anything other than watch his man saunter past him with the ball. Giggs has done sweet feck all this season other than a goal against Norwich, which probably wouldn't even have been as necessary if we actually played a midfielder who could keep the ball instead of passing it right back to the opposition every fecking time he got it.

After West Brom, everyone including Gary Neville himself held their hands up and said "Okay, well I think it's about time we think about retirement," and Gary made the right decision, instead of prolonging his career and making the decision for Fergie harder, (because don't tell me Fergie doesn't have some sentimentality for the likes of Giggs, Neville and Schoes they have been there too long for him not to) Neville retired and we get to keep our good memories of him. Giggs has been past his best this season and it has shown and he should stop ruining our memories of him with performances like that. I don't want to remember Giggs like this.

Edit: I'd also like to point out that before anyone calls me a knee-jerker, I have actually been pretty vocal about this all season.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Simply doesn't have the legs to play in these kind of games. Same with Scholes. And when you add Carrick who's not the most mobile and composed midfielder out there you have three players that don't contribute enough off the ball. And that's way too much. Even for United.

Scholesgoals

shenanigans and bollocks the lot of you.

he had silva and toure and aguero attacking down his side, i remember him making some intelligent passes to the man when the other players were hoofing the ball like amateurs. that isnt something captured in the stats and you need that in your players under pressure.

AVARiCE

Some of you need to have a word. The man is a United legend. I don't care how pathetically bitter you are over the game, you don't say some of the things being said in here about him.

Some of you need to grow a pair and stop sounding like a group of women wronged. Poor game or not, poor season or not, some of the crap spouted in here is shocking. Jesus this is a car-crash of a thread. A real blight against us. How many other clubs talk like this about their legends? I can't find the words to say how disappointing this thread is.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
There's no room for sentiment in the quest for glory, AVARiCE.

That'sHernandez

Some of you need to have a word. The man is a United legend. I don't care how pathetically bitter you are over the game, you don't say some of the things being said in here about him.

Some of you need to grow a pair and stop sounding like a group of women wronged. Poor game or not, poor season or not, some of the crap spouted in here is shocking. Jesus this is a car-crash of a thread. A real blight against us. How many other clubs talk like this about their legends? I can't find the words to say how disappointing this thread is.
No you're the one who needs to have a word and stop accusing people of knee-jerk reactions or being bitter about the game. Take a look at my posts in the match day threads through most of the season, Giggs has been the single player I have criticised the most throughout the season. He's been wank. All he ever does is stand around until he receives the ball, then when he has it he will make a surging run to no where and lose it again, or if he doesn't do that he will try a pass he has no right attempting and again give away possession and in fact he has even laboured over simple short passes this season. He doesn't have the legs and he seemingly could not give a shit about tracking back to defend either. In fact his nonchalance in tracking back was glaringly obvious last season too, as seen when Hernandez had to fecking do it for him against Blackpool. Hernandez, our striker as well as Rooney was doing it for him last night too. I'm sorry but even legends have to play for the team.

Giggs is a legend, he should go out that way. The only car-crash I see in this thread is the people unwilling to accept that Giggs has had his best days and that he should at best take a back seat but ideally retire. He doesn't add enough to the team any more, regardless of the amount of sentiment people hold for him and just because he is a legend, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be above criticism. This isn't RAWK.

That'sHernandez

shenanigans and bollocks the lot of you.

he had silva and toure and aguero attacking down his side, i remember him making some intelligent passes to the man when the other players were hoofing the ball like amateurs. that isnt something captured in the stats and you need that in your players under pressure.
Have you ever hazard to question why they were attacking down that side? I'll tell you: It's because Giggs and Evra are the weak links and they have been all fecking season.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
But there is room for respect, honour and tradition.
You earn the respect but it half a half life. Giggs had my total respect up until this season, he'll have it again when he retires but right now he's playing like Berbatov was when everyone hated him. Lazy, lethargic, too many hopeless flicks and not nearly enough graft or sensible play.

Neville knew when it was time and he said as soon as he realised he couldn't cut it and was detrimental to the teams performances he had to quit. He couldn't do it to the club. I wish Giggs would do the same. He MUST realise he's not cutting it anymore, why persist?

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
All this talk about Giggs being selfish and lazy is way OTT (especially the feck off part)
Show some f*cking respect!

Edmeiste

You earn the respect but it half a half life. Giggs had my total respect up until this season, he'll have it again when he retires but right now he's playing like Berbatov was when everyone hated him. Lazy, lethargic, too many hopeless flicks and not nearly enough graft or sensible play.

Neville knew when it was time and he said as soon as he realised he couldn't cut it and was detrimental to the teams performances he had to quit. He couldn't do it to the club. I wish Giggs would do the same. He MUST realise he's not cutting it anymore, why persist?
That's been playing on my mind as well. Giggs said he would stop playing when he felt he wasnt having much of an impact or when a loss didnt have much of an effect on him.

He's not had much of an impact for a while and if he does stay on one more season, I'm pretty sure it's his last. It's been great to see him play for this long but there comes a time where you have to say all good things come to an end. For ryan, this may be the end. He'll always be a legend in my eyes but it hurts seeing him taint his image with these sub-par performances. Go out on a high Giggsy!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Seriously, you could find near identical posts saying the same thing in 2008. You could find similar enough posts circa '04 really. Don't write off Giggs.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Seriously, you could find near identical posts saying the same thing in 2008. You could find similar enough posts circa '04 really. Don't write off Giggs.
I never wrote him off back then because he was in his early and mid 30s and it was down to form. I'm writing him off completely now because he's nearly 40 and hasn't put in a single quality display all season. The odd pass, assist and goal? Sure, but thats seriously papering over the cracks.

You think he will be back to the old Giggs next season? Will that benefit us for the following season? It should have been Cleverley last night. He is the present and the future, at least if he was as shit as Giggs was (and has been all season) we could say he learnt something.

That'sHernandez

He's 39 this year, what more could he possibly add? I'm sorry but he's taking the place of players who could do with the experience now. Especially considering I don't think he actually retains the ball any better than Cleverley would, like Pexbo says.

Scots Crusader

It is a hard thing seeing one of your hero's coming to the end of his career. I have felt he has contributed little for a long time now and deep down I am sure he will feel the same. But this is a guy who has gave more to this club than anyone has the right to ask of him, but he gave it willingly, and for someone to hit out with the "feck off Giggs" is nothing short of blasphemy coming from a fan of this club!!!

Yes you have your opinion on his playing ability and one that I agree with pretty much, but to adress it like it has been is shocking. Yes say thay we feel he should has his boots up, to save any more displays that tarnish his reputation, but say it with respect!!! Not like you are facing up to some fecktard in a pub that has touched up your girlfriend!!!

IrishLegend

I didn't think he had that bad a game. Had to deal with alot of crap passes giving him no time on the ball and a lot of hoof balls.

Don't know why we weren't trying to play it out from the back, we looked worse than Stoke at times.

I will concede he should have come off earlier for Young.

That'sHernandez

It is a hard thing seeing one of your hero's coming to the end of his career. I have felt he has contributed little for a long time now and deep down I am sure he will feel the same. But this is a guy who has gave more to this club than anyone has the right to ask of him, but he gave it willingly, and for someone to hit out with the "feck off Giggs" is nothing short of blasphemy coming from a fan of this club!!!

Yes you have your opinion on his playing ability and one that I agree with pretty much, but to adress it like it has been is shocking. Yes say thay we feel he should has his boots up, to save any more displays that tarnish his reputation, but say it with respect!!! Not like you are facing up to some fecktard in a pub that has touched up your girlfriend!!!
I wouldn't put it past our Giggsy to be honest.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I didn't think he had that bad a game. Had to deal with alot of crap passes giving him no time on the ball and a lot of hoof balls.

Don't know why we weren't trying to play it out from the back, we looked worse than Stoke at times.

I will concede he should have come off earlier for Young.
Agree completely. As I said in another post, it really fecked us up that Smalling had such a nervy game and kept hoofing/heading the ball long.

Also agree that Giggs did ok. Not great but ok. Better than Nani, for example. For some reason, anything other than a really solid performance from Giggs these days prompts all sorts of bile. Which is weird, seeing as he's done more than any other player to earn some patience.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I know why Fergie chooses him - it's for his awareness, composure and ability to pick a telling pass.

The problem is that he hasn't really demonstrated those attributes on a consistent basis for almost a year now. And he certainly hasn't shown any indications that he can offer much over the course of 90 minutes. Maybe in the last 20 as an impact sub - fine - but starting?

It doesn't tarnish his legend for me at all, but I do wish that he'd be used more sparingly.