Ryan Giggs | United confirm he's left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

Hope he goes out, becomes a top manager and gives us no choice but to bring him back.

Wish him nothing but the best no matter what. Giggs made his debut before I was born and gave this club his all for decades.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's the right move for both parties.

FrenchRed

He should have gone for the Celtic job, or maybe even Villa - there was huge potential to shine in either of the positions. Looks like he missed the boat on a lot of good paths.

I had his name on my shirts since the beginning, watched his debut, and was so proud to see another 'Welsh winger' taking on the best for my club. These days I have no time for him, between the 'extra curricular' activities, close association with 2 failed management regimes, and lack of grace to take a step back to possibly take a step forward, I'd not be sorry to see him go.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He should have gone for the Celtic job, or maybe even Villa - there was huge potential to shine in either of the positions. Looks like he missed the boat on a lot of good paths.

I had his name on my shirts since the beginning, watched his debut, and was so proud to see another 'Welsh winger' taking on the best for my club. These days I have no time for him, between the 'extra curricular' activities, close association with 2 failed management regimes, and lack of grace to take a step back to possibly take a step forward, I'd not be sorry to see him go.
I wouldn't take the Villa job... steer well clear of that one, their squad looks atrocious. :(
Celtic or even Swansea (linked with early last season) would have been good posts for him.

Bojan11

I wouldn't take the Villa job... steer well clear of that one, their squad looks attrocious. :(
Celtic or even Swansea (linked with early last season) would have been good posts for him.
Not only that. Their new owner seems a bit strange.

Derby would have been a good job for him.

drdoityourself

He's hardly shown any personality as an assistant. Why should he be chosen over Rodgers (Celtic) and Pearson (Derby)? I honestly believe the best he can hope for is a low level Championship club.

El Zoido

If he goes he's not coming back. I'm not sure what he'd have to achieve at another club to have us take him on, but I expect him to be about as successful as Solksjaer.

C'est Moi Cantona

That could be that then unless he does a stunning job somewhere else, really hope Everton take a punt on him, highly unlikely I know.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Great option for all involved.

We need a clean break in order to really move on.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Good luck if you are going Giggsy. Its been a great ride!

As much as we all like him, we couldn't take the risk of making him manager. If he can't accept what Jose wants him to do he has to go. The manager has to have a free hand, its how this club works.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If he goes he's not coming back. I'm not sure what he'd have to achieve at another club to have us take him on, but I expect him to be about as successful as Solksjaer.
Not really. Eventually Charlton will retire and there's no one more deserving to carry the 'tradition' torch then Giggs

Chorley1974

Lady Ole

This is why this thread baffles me, he isn't remotely qualified for either of those jobs.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Sad, but understandable for both United and Giggs if reports are correct.

He's given us plenty of great moments over many years. I am thankful, and wish him the very best.

C.G.

Like many others have said. It's the best thing for everybody really. If he proves himself, I would welcome him back with open arms.

devilish

Gary Neville.
No

Giggs has been longer at OT and he had won more. Also unlike Gaz, Ryan Giggs was a world class player. Its like letting a Ferrari out of the garage to park a Fiat in instead.

We always aimed for brilliance

Busby was replaced by Charlton, then SAF came in. Giggs will replace them both

Member 5225

No

Giggs has been longer at OT and he had won more. Also unlike Gaz, Ryan Giggs was a world class player. Its like letting a Ferrari out of the garage to park a Fiat in instead.

eh? Is that tongue in cheek?
GNev > Giggsy for me

Member 5225

Gaz a better player then Giggs? Seriously?
hmm subjective I suppose.
But didn't realise we were discussing them as players. As far as 'the fabric of the club' etc goes, genuinely think GNev > Giggs (probably vindicated by the fact he was made captain).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This thread is a warzone, every post leads to a skirmish.:lol:

devilish

hmm subjective I suppose.
But didn't realise we were discussing them as players. As far as 'the fabric of the club' etc goes, genuinely think GNev > Giggs (probably vindicated by the fact he was made captain).
Not really. Its like comparing Park with Ronaldo

devilish

Yeah agree, giggs was the better player, but neville had more passion than anyone else in the CO92.
that's because without passion the Nevs were useless. Passion was the only thing they brought on the table especially the younger one. At least Gaz had some IQ and could deliver a cross. In his mid 20s he also learnt not to bring people down inside the box

In my opinion it was something within those lines

Butt/Phil>>>Gaz>>>Beckham>>>Giggs>>>>>Scholes

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good luck if you are going Giggsy. Its been a great ride!

As much as we all like him, we couldn't take the risk of making him manager. If he can't accept what Jose wants him to do he has to go. The manager has to have a free hand, its how this club works.
Yea that's a fair post. Kind of how I feel...

Someone

Something
that's because without passion the Nevs were useless. Passion was the only thing they brought on the table especially the younger one. At least Gaz had some IQ and could deliver a cross. In his mid 20s he also learnt not to bring people down inside the box
Gary Neville was a good player on his own right, he was never useless as far as i'm concerned.

devilish

Gary Neville was a good player on his own right, he was never useless as far as i'm concerned.
He wasn't useless because he had passion. That passion turned an ordinary player into the best right back in the country. Not that there was plenty of competition for the role.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
No

Busby was replaced by Charlton? In what sense?

In my opinion it was something within those lines

Butt/Phil>>>Gaz>>>Beckham>>>Giggs>>>>>Scholes
Its precisely because Gary was such a worker that he epitomises the spirit of United more than Giggs. Giggs, for all his genius, or maybe because of it, never had to go through what Gary had to go through to make it at United. When I think about United, I think about the late comebacks, the last minute goals, the never say die spirit. Gary, in his own life and career, is a much better example of that than almost anyone associated with the club.

Gary was also the best right back in the history of the Premier League. To say he was useless without passion is ridiculous.

devilish

Busby was replaced by Charlton? In what sense?

Its precisely because Gary was such a worker that he epitomises the spirit of United more than Giggs. Giggs, for all his genius, or maybe because of it, never had to go through what Gary had to go through to make it at United. When I think about United, I think about the late comebacks, the last minute goals, the never say die spirit. Gary, in his own life and career, is a much better example of that than almost anyone associated with the club.

Gary was also the best right back in the history of the Premier League. To say he was useless without passion is ridiculous.
The vast majority of clubs wants to be represented by their former best player. The ones getting director jobs are the likes of Nedved, the late Cruyff (RIP), Beckenbauer, Zanetti etc not the Di Livios

Gaz without passion was useless. He relied mostly on it. Many players were like that. Gattuso, Di Livio and Park for example. That doesn't mean that they were shite. The former probably still has Scholes and Zidane in his pockets somewhere. However its equally ridiculous to say that they were world class

And United are mostly about players with talent. If you ask the neutrals to recall a United player they will name you Charlton, Best, Cantona, Scholes, Giggs and Ronaldo not Stiles, Philip Neville, Nicky Butt and OShea

Ixion

And United are mostly about players with talent. If you ask the neutrals to recall a United player they will name you Charlton, Best, Cantona, Scholes, Giggs and Ronaldo not Stiles, Philip Neville, Nicky Butt and OShea
You mean attacking players? What a shocker.

devilish

You mean attacking players? What a shocker.
Its only fair considering that, if you forget the past 20 years were they were able to develop some great defenders, the Brits aren't exactly known for their defenders. In Italy things are different. For example AC Milan defenders have an equal say in history as their forwards. Maldini and Baresi are as known as Gullit and Van Basten.

However you can also add Stam, Keane, and especially Rio in the mix. The latter was the best CB of his generation. People also remember Duncan Edwards (the real one, not Jones)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Daily Fail reporting it too:

Makes sense given the rumours about Rio and others joining JM's team to provide the United connection. If true, I think its sad.

His personal life aside (I think its a major problem which clouds many things), he has not done much wrong since SAF left. He did as he was instructed and was told he would soon be manager. Tragically for him, the 2 managers he worked for failed to deliver and the plan he was sold is untenable. Ultimately he is collateral damage for their failures. But shit happens and he has had more than his fair share of God given talents and luck.

I think many United fans have been frankly disrespectful towards him, using tonality and language you wouldn't use on your enemy simply because he felt he had earned the managers job, based on what he was told. I'd also be mighty pissed off if that were me.

I hope he takes a managers job straight away, preferably away from the limelight for 18 months. Do that job well, and crucially learns lots of genuine management skills before he then take a job at a premier League team some time in 2018. If he can perform well for 2 years there, that brings us to 2020, when maybe the United job may open up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.