Ryan Giggs | United confirm he's left

Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

Have you watched the documentary? How anybody can watch that and think that this guy is ready for management I have no idea. He'd have trouble encouraging Kriss Akabusi.
Yes. It was three years ago and was edited for television. At least be honest and say you just don't like him and you'll exaggerate any reason to cast doubts. It's obvious anyway. If you haven't already done so then watch The Alex Ferguson Story on YouTube and tell me you're blown away by the tactical prowess shown.

Sigma

Because the match was also dull. Not much entertainment value

A pundit cant be exciting when he is analysing a boring game. Think thats too much to ask
His voice is so monotone, people on the TV are on there for basically one reason - to keep us there. Ian wright still manages to show some charisma at least. Giggs doesn't have any of that. Charisma is an extremely important part to a manager as man management is one of the most important things to being a manager.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Aaah, people see what they wanna see... As far as punditry? He was fine. As for management? Seriously, how the fcuk would we know?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Because the match was also dull. Not much entertainment value

A pundit cant be exciting when he is analysing a boring game. Think thats too much to ask
I'm not too sure. Ian Wright was least entertaining - but that is his actual job. But Giggs was very monotone.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I've only just seen his take on the England team's failures. It was basically "They weren't enough like the Class of '92" ... Boot room work ethic, Fergie-style discipline, whole generations growing up together (like National teams tend to do) = Jurassic Park!

I think his managerial career will be a train wreck.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
How did he charm his sister-in-law into bed?

He's got the personality of a Tesco value 'just ham' sandwich.

AndyJ1985

Aaah, people see what they wanna see... As far as punditry? He was fine. As for management? Seriously, how the fcuk would we know?
Perhaps because all successful managers throughout history have possessed certain personality traits that are needed to manage at the highest level, which have been evident to see in conferences and interviews that they do. Unless you have zero life experience, you should know that to be a good manager you need a certain level of charisma and to be have an authoritative presence. It can't be learned in a text book or on a course, you either have it or you don't. Giggs lacks any of it. You don't have to be best friends with the man to see that.

I don't know why some people get so defensive about it. No one is insulting him, we're just commenting on obvious shortcomings that are relevant to being a manager. It's why likes of Steve Bruce and David Moyes will never be particularly good managers but the likes of Mourinho and Guardiola are. There's just something special about them that makes players want to listen and follow them. They instil confidence and a belief that anything is possible. And then there's Ferguson, a man who when he talks everyone around him will stop and listen; he commands respect. When Giggs talks I want to mute my TV.

Adam-Utd

How did he charm his sister-in-law into bed?

He's got the personality of a Tesco value 'just ham' sandwich.
You seen the boys stamina?

Running down the wing wasn't the only thing he could do all night long.

Someone

Something
The same sterling analysis that made people so sure Neville would be the best manager ever.
Neville at least offers in depth analyses of tactics which people appreciate him for, giggs was just your average pundit saying all the obvious things, take him and put shearer in his place and you wouldn't tell the difference.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I've only just seen his take on the England team's failures. It was basically "They weren't enough like the Class of '92" ... Boot room work ethic, Fergie-style discipline, whole generations growing up together (like National teams tend to do) = Jurassic Park!

I think his managerial career will be a train wreck.
Yeah but how can you come to this conclusion when you've only just met the bloke?

afrocentricity

Perhaps because all successful managers throughout history have possessed certain personality traits that are needed to manage at the highest level, which have been evident to see in conferences and interviews that they do. Unless you have zero life experience, you should know that to be a good manager you need a certain level of charisma and to be have an authoritative presence. It can't be learned in a text book or on a course, you either have it or you don't. Giggs lacks any of it. You don't have to be best friends with the man to see that.

I don't know why some people get so defensive about it. No one is insulting him, we're just commenting on obvious shortcomings that are relevant to being a manager. It's why likes of Steve Bruce and David Moyes will never be particularly good managers but the likes of Mourinho and Guardiola are. There's just something special about them that makes players want to listen and follow them. They instil confidence and a belief that anything is possible. And then there's Ferguson, a man who when he talks everyone around him will stop and listen; he commands respect. When Giggs talks I want to mute my TV.
What a load of nonsense, if you want to say you see nothing in Giggs to indicate he'll be a top manager I won't argue with you. Successful manager does not equal top manager, some of you don't seem to realise football exists outside of the top teams. None of you know whether or not Giggs can manage...

Neville at least offers in depth analyses of tactics which people appreciate him for, giggs was just your average pundit saying all the obvious things, take him and put shearer in his place and you wouldn't tell the difference.
Agreed.

RedPnutz

I agree. Thats why I said circumstances changed but the communication was poor and the whole thing looks bad on Ed and the Club again if you factor in how Moyes and LvG were sacked. I also dont think its not the right time for Giggs to take over but he can play some influential role at the Club especially with young players in the 1st Team as they look up to him. The young players in the squad spoke highly of him and his influence in their development and it would help in this situation where the impression on them is that Jose will never have time for Academy players
The whole thing looks bad only because our club management has been silent while Giggs' camp has been making noise. It's only one side of the story.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I can understand the opposition to Giggs continuing as Assistant manager/wanting to be a manager, but why the hate for punditry? I mean, we do hear other people commentating on channels in UK, US and Asia? Everyone is terrible and boring. Some of the hate towards Giggs is idiotic here. He did ok as a pundit, but he's our own ffs

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Poor Giggs, he may not even be good enough as a pundit

Mindhunter

Wow, people are expecting footballers to know the result of the game beforehand and prepare advance analytics based graphs and draw conclusions around that.

Comparing him with Neville isn't fair as Neville always had a day to prepare his show. Giggs was asked immediately after the match.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Edit: 13 managers in 10 years. He would have to get results straight away and do very well too otherwise he would be out the door. It wouldn't be a club I would want to start my managerial career at.
Isn't that the case with every managerial appointment these days?
Gary Monk who did great for Swansea, got canned because his results weren't great. They weren't bad...but weren't great, either. So they fired him.
Those days when a manager got 2 years, to perform badly, before he got fired, have gone.

MUFC is probably the only job where a manager can be absolutely dire and still hang onto his job until he has completely and utterly wrecked the season beyond repair.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Tell that to my mum. She complains everytime she sees him. Apparently he's the ugliest man alive.
Just trying to cover her tracks. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you mate :/

EvilIrwin

Has the meeting room still not been booked yet? Guess he'll have to wait with the impending signings in the coming week :devil:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He was incredibly dull on ITV tonight.
Well, he was never an exciting person to talk with.
My memory of him has always been single sentences with 2-3 words.
The fact that he was able to string long sentences together, yesterday, was actually a pleasant surprise!

He is handsome tbf.
Tell that to my mum. She complains everytime she sees him. Apparently he's the ugliest man alive.
Looks/beauty are subjective.
One woman may think a man is the most beautiful man alive.
Another woman may think that same man is the ugliest men she has ever seen.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Poor... he isn't!
Not in a financial way of course. I was referring on an emotional level. It must be hard for Giggs to acknowledge that it was out of instinct and natural skills that he became the great player he once was and that he doesn't understand the game as he thought. Everything around him is collapsing. His family doesn't speak to him anymore, the club he lived most of his life in had shown him the door....it mustn't be easy for him

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
So we've gone from blaming random leaks and tabloid garbage on Giggs to now judging his managerial acumen on a documentary and a 30 minute stint as a pundit. Nice to see this thread is still as shit as it ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.