Sadio Mane | Performances

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Bayern also let Thiago go to Liverpool for a reasonable fee with one year left on the contract. Maybe a quid pro quo.
Exactly. Seen it before with Kroos - Xabi Alonso.

Problem in both cases is that while Xabi and Mane are top 100 in the 21th century both were 30+ on arrival to Bayern. In other words 2-3 years of service but not more and no sell on value. But they can provide top class performances and great mentality even if it's limited before father time beats them.

RVN1991

Diaz will be found out next season. Teams will be more wary of him. Let’s see how he does in the cold winter months. He is not on Mane’s level.
Pretty sure that was the narrative after Salahs debut season as well. Absolutely nothing about Díaz playing style and ability tells me he's going to get "found out" like people in here keep claiming. As a defender nothing much you can do against a guy with his ability to take on players 1V1.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
So you are telling me that Mane is a good Lewandowski replacement..? ;)
I think Mane would be a really good fit. Obviously replacing Lewandowski is impossible, but I think Mane's combination of technical and physical qualities, with the intelligence to consistently effect games means he'd fit right in. He's an excellent finisher too and way better in the air than someone his height has any right to be.

Im not sure about Daiz, he's got that Rashford habit of not really going on the outside and constantly cuts in to get his shot away time and time again. Im not surprised Salah goal scoring opportunities has plummeted with Diaz in the side. Next season we will see how Diaz counter acts that after the league has had a good look at him
He does do that a lot, and while the other clubs will have obviously done their homework on him, it is different after a bit of time in the league, where every single player will know what he wants to do and take steps to negate him so your point is a fair one. I don't think he's particularly selfish though, I don't think he shoots more often than Mane or Jota, though he obviously carries the ball a lot more than them, but I think he's more consistent with his passing than either of them which helps balance it out.

You're right that next season will be a lot more illuminating. I think so far though he's shown that he has more to his game than someone like Jota (potentially anyway), I think he's a lot more dynamic and brings a lot of energy which is great for a Klopp side. If he can convert more of the chances that he keeps snatching wide, he could something special. Though as you said, he'll have to adapt to other teams being more cognisant of his approach.

Reckon he'll start tonight?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Who the hell says Marnay and Sarnay? :lol:
I'd imagine the countries they both come from? Try going to Senegal and pronounce Mane’s name like you would Kane. I'd imagine you would be laughed out of the room :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Diaz and Jota are good but Mane is another level. Amazing player. Good news if true

haru krentz

Don't think so. He was a good player but not this clinical and fantastic. If he came here we wouldn't have the same player. Also when we were linked with him a lot of people mocked the idea
I remember caf looking down at him when rumors about LvG wanting to sign him surfaced. Many even said we have better player in Memphis Depay.

Tavern in the town

Surprising reading the first page and seeing most people thinking he was a good signing. I don’t know if my memory is playing tricks on me but at the time it felt like most fans thought they’d overpaid for an inconsistent attacker.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Surprising reading the first page and seeing most people thinking he was a good signing. I don’t know if my memory is playing tricks on me but at the time it felt like most fans thought they’d overpaid for an inconsistent attacker.
Go read the 1st 10 pages, some not most thought that. The inconsistency thing was a myth, he was consistently in the top 2 or 3 Southampton players every week except for one brief period during 1 transfer window.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I haven’t read back but I’d hazard a guess I’m one of those who felt he was overpriced and massively inconsistent (which I still feel looking back on his Southampton days and at the time they believed that to be the case too, IIRC). As much as it pains me to admit being wrong (not in a ‘I’m too proud to admit a mistake way’, moreso that he’s been a bona fide success story for the Scousers), I still think he has a tendency to be atrociously bad on his ‘off’ days but capable of mesmerising displays when he’s in top gear.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Diaz and Jota are good but Mane is another level. Amazing player. Good news if true
Let's hope it is true. They've been exceptionally lucky Mane and Salah don't miss many games, so either one going would be brilliant news.
Most likely both try and hang on for next summer and go for free though. Or even more likely Liverpool bang huge contracts their way.

AFC NimbleThumb

HUGE hit to Liverpool a day after a crushing season finale. Honestly think he’s been undervalued by onlookers due to Salah.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Will be very hard for Liverpool to replace him with the same calibre player for their starting XI. Jota and Diaz are not as good.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Has he lost a step? Completely unable to kick and run past his defenders anymore.
Looked just fine when Courtois pulled off that incredible save that bounced off the post. He's been incredible this season. Borderline Ballon d'Or worthy.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Looked just fine when Courtois pulled off that incredible save that bounced off the post. He's been incredible this season. Borderline Ballon d'Or worthy.
:lol: :lol:

Oppo fans can't seem to settle on whether he's too old now, can't handle big finals or big teams, or is irreplaceable? In the mean time the guy who made him a balloon door candidate (your sentiments not mine) has signed for four more years. :lol: