Sadio Mane | Performances

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My view on him has totally swung. A few yeas back I thought he wasn't all that but I was wrong. He is a fanstastic footballer. In fact in this run that Liverpool have gone on in the second half of the season, Mane has been everywhere contributing in all phases of play.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He’ll be a bigger loss than Salah. He’s been immense since he started playing centrally.

Chief123

:lol: :lol:

Oppo fans can't seem to settle on whether he's too old now, can't handle big finals or big teams, or is irreplaceable? In the mean time the guy who made him a balloon door candidate (your sentiments not mine) has signed for four more years. :lol:
I honestly thought you were talking about Salah then. It is fitting.

choccy77

He is on his way, the twitter traffic on this since yesterday has intensified this afternoon.

This deal was not on a few weeks ago.

I deffiently believe as I mentioned yesterday and before... The Mbappe decision has caused a huge shakeup for sure in the market.

Salah will stay 1 more season, Liverpool can't lose them both in one year.

This is going to be a big summer for clubs in the market, mix of free agents and transfer deals on the way.

Just pray United get it right.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Good news but Liverpool have been clinical in the transfer market, chances are they replace him with someone who turns out just as effective.

GoldanoGraham

They will struggle to replace Mane - he has been very effective for them the last few years - I don’t believe that Diaz or Jota will be anywhere as effective….

The start of the end for Liverpool……

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
For me, he's the main attraction in that team. Salah gets an unfair level of traction.

If he was available to us playing for any other club, I would be desperate for us to sign him.

Irrational.

One year left on his contract - how much do we think Liverpool will get for him? I’m predicting some cnut like Eddie Howe will drive up his asking price, after single-handedly funding Liverpool’s transfer budget for years.

Zen

"No worries, we got the signing of the decade in Diaz to cover for him"..... can't apply to both him and Salah. They'll probably end up going in for Raphinha if this happens, and get him up to speed next year ready for the Salah departure.

Fergies Gum

One of the key reasons he is leaving is because he despises Salah. Its an open secret in Liverpool that him and Salah hate each other.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Not surprised he is off. Plenty times where Salah was having a worse game and he will be subed off. A fantastic footballer. Obvious in Southampton he was a top top offensive player and works really hard defensively. Diaz is not half the player he is.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Zen

One year left on his contract - how much do we think Liverpool will get for him? I’m predicting some cnut like Eddie Howe will drive up his asking price, after single-handedly funding Liverpool’s transfer budget for years.
I reckon there's a reasonable agreement in place with Bayern, who let Liverpool have Thiago no fuss. If Mane wants the return transfer and clearly not Newcastle, they should honour it to be fair.

GledTheRed

My view on him has totally swung. A few yeas back I thought he wasn't all that but I was wrong. He is a fanstastic footballer. In fact in this run that Liverpool have gone on in the second half of the season, Mane has been everywhere contributing in all phases of play.
Yeah me too, I underrated him massively.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Good news but Liverpool have been clinical in the transfer market, chances are they replace him with someone who turns out just as effective.
100%. Can see Liverpool replacing him with someone underrated who just turns into a monster in that Klopp system.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Be glad to see the back of him. Don’t think it will effect Liverpool to much though, they’ll replace him or go with Salah, Diaz and jota.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I dont think Lpool will sign a replacement. Theyll just use Diaz/Jota more.

Suspect they knew he was off and thats why they took Diaz in Jan before a rival stole him, as his signing was probably planned for this window to replace Mane

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

If they both go, Liverpool must have something big up their sleeves.

Salah was a dead cert until about 2 weeks ago.

Mane leaving is fairly new turn of events for sure.
Nkunku's name keeps cropping up. Never heard of him just as I'd never heard of Diaz or Carvalho from Fulham. I agree though, something must be happening for us to entertain Mane or Salah leaving.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Nkunku's name keeps cropping up. Never heard of him just as I'd never heard of Diaz or Carvalho from Fulham. I agree though, something must be happening for us to entertain Mane or Salah leaving.
You never heard of Nkunku?

Dan_F

100%. Can see Liverpool replacing him with someone underrated who just turns into a monster in that Klopp system.
Diaz is the replacement on the LW. We’ll see what Klopp does with the number 9 position now.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
It's happened. You signed Diaz in Jan instead of waiting until this window, Mane going was probably known ages ago. I'm willing to bet this news is nothing new inside the camp

And youd have waited until now to sign Diaz if it werent for Spurs or West Ham going in for him.

marktan

I think they'll struggle to replace him. Diaz is good but neither he nor Jota are close to what Mane could do in his prime, and still can do occasionally.

Honestly think he's a bit underrated, Salah gets more goals but Mane's all round play has always been key for Liverpool - when he was off form last season they struggled badly. A bit like Benzema really. That goal against Bayern in the CL is one of the best goals I've ever seen.

Not a surprise to see him go as he is getting older and doesn't run quite as much. But worrying times for Liverpool as they need a replacement for Firmino as well and their owner doesn't really like to spend much.

Born2Lose

For such a well run club they've got themselves in a hell of a mess with Salah, Mane and Firminio's contracts all expiring in 2023.