Sancho needs our support

Greck

He'll be back. His form essentially fell off a cliff when Ronaldo returned to the XI from that Europa league game onward. Sancho is a limited athlete who can't manipulate his way out of tough situations without support. He will always turn back if he can't outperform the risk. He's our most dependent attacker in this sense. I don't expect a worldclass player but the return of the decent performer from the first couple weeks of the season.

ryansgirl

Missing the World Cup is a blessing in disguise for Jadon. He will get better physically and mentally and get a sense of perspective on what is most important in his life and it`s not the World Cup. Seeing the form of the English attack so far, England will do better with players who were sharp for their club and now for their country - hopefully it will continue against better oppostion.

Something I think we need to take into account is that there are players who just don`t want to play unless they`re at optimal fitness. They`re not sicknotes - they just are far more anxious about their physical condition and sometimes this leads them to be unavilable when they could actually play. I think Jadon likely has this mentality and he`s probably over-anxious.

Anyone who follows NBA will know about Kawhi Leonard - the bloke should have been the top basketball player in the world but is continually unavailable because he won`t play in the regular season if he doesn`t feel right physically and that is so often that it is not worth it for his team the LA Clippers. They`re struck with paying enormous wages for a superstar of the game on paper who doesn`t play enough and the fans and sponsors don`t get what they paid for.

However, NBA superstar Lebron James is also focused on his fitness but will play with minor injuries if he`s confident they won`t escalate. Kawhi will never have his status and value to the game and fans because he is too hung up on feeling he can only play under certain circumstances.

Boondog

Facilities at Carrington that bad?
:lol:

Good for him. If I was working with him I'd be focusing him heavily on taking duels and ball control because those are the areas I expect Nacho will surpass him quickly. He needs to be a lot more aggressive overall.

Same goes for Antony too btw. Though I expect seeing all the hubbub around Nacho will put a fire under him big time. Antony's gonna be better for it, I think there's a lot of dog in him.

Isotope

Glad to hear this. That "focus on family" bo**ox sounds like usual player's excuse to just lazing around.
Hopefully he can turns it around. He was our best player in pre-season, just miles above other.

RedIan

Sancho is a great player. Half a dozen good games with a few goals and assists and the very fickle caf moaners will be singing a different tune (again) weve seen Rashford thrown under the bus but he has turned it round with some good form, I've seen Giggys in years gone by slated, praised, slated and in and on..

X