Sancho needs our support

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Your attitude to this is absolutely abysmal, and probably helps explain why so many young men in particular don’t feel able to admit mental health problems and get the help they need. I’d give you the benefit of the doubt and say it’s just ignorance that is stopping you from understanding this but I think that’s generous to be honest. You really need to educate yourself.
Again gulibility. How do we know he has mental problems? Has anyone said anything about it?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
We don’t know. We only have his absence and the small amount ten Hag has said, which has implications but could not be described as official, or conclusive.

But you are going out of your way to specifically denigrate that as an acceptable reason for his absence. Whether that is the actual reason or not, you are ably demonstrating your utter ignorance of mental health issues, and doubling down when challenged, something I suspect you equate with strength, when in reality it’s the opposite.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
:lol: All the baseless speculations and sense of self-righteousness in this thread. Yeh lets support him unconditionally forever, even if it turns out to be fitness/drug/attitude/form issues in the end, or whatever suits your own speculation in your own head.

Peelhead

We simply have to support him, it's innocent until proven guilty isn't it?

I think if there was anything 'sinister' about it, this club would be doing everything by the book.

I don't know what the statutory illness benefit is but 10 years ago I had two big episodes of bipolar disorder and had to be off for 3 months at full pay which I was really grateful for.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: All the baseless speculations and sense of self-righteousness in this thread. Yeh lets support him unconditionally forever, even if it turns out to be fitness/drug/attitude/form issues in the end, or whatever suits your own speculation in your own head.
You have to be the most ironic person on the planet.

TheReligion

Abusive
I completely agree, and I suggested last week this could be more on Ten Hag's terms than Sancho's, but then I was told "LeAvE sAnChO aLoNe! hE's GoT mEnTaL iSsUeS! tHeY nEeD tO tEaCh ThIs In ScHoOlS!"
What’s with the weird capital and lowercase mix?

lex talionis

We're on a great run right now. No need to rush Sancho back -- not that anyone is suggesting that we are -- nor to spend energy speculating about what his problems are or trashing him.

kaku06

Christ we're still arguing over people not being sympathetic about an invented scenario with no factual basis.
Pretty much. The amount of people here believe he has mental health issues without proof and taking the lead to tell other people how terrible human beings they are, is astonishing. Again, all without any factual basis.

romufc

I dont know what public statement people want. Ten Hag clearly said he is not physically or mentally fit to play for the club. He was sent to Holland to work with some coaches and now he is back in Manchester and is training individually until he is fit enough to train with the group.

People wanting to know specifics needs to chill out.

A young player, talented goes to Manutd for a big fee, the club doesnt do well, goes to Euros, gets racially abused, United have a shit season, doesnt get into WC squad and had family death last year.

Its clear something is up, he missed games last season due to being ill too, Ten Hag said, take time off, come back fit and we will fit you in this team.

b82REZ

Pretty much. The amount of people here believe he has mental health issues without proof and taking the lead to tell other people how terrible human beings they are, is astonishing. Again, all without any factual basis.
There doesn't need to be any factual basis. People responses when it's even suggested he may have mental health issues show a complete misunderstanding and lack of empathy about the subject.

These same losers also seem to think they're owed an explanation as to why he's absent from the squad. The sense of entitlement is truly staggering.

Yes, he is paid handsomely; that doesn't mean he's immune to have dips in mood or whatever reason he's being omitted from group training and playing squads.

There is now a subset of dickheads that think because United haven't decided to plaster Jadon's medical records on the front page of the tabloids they have carte blanche to criticize him and try and take some moral high ground because, "nothing official" has been said.

Get a life you sad fecks.

kaku06

There doesn't need to be any factual basis. People responses when it's even suggested he may have mental health issues show a complete misunderstanding and lack of empathy about the subject.

These same losers also seem to think they're owed an explanation as to why he's absent from the squad. The sense of entitlement is truly staggering.

Yes, he is paid handsomely; that doesn't mean he's immune to have dips in mood or whatever reason he's being omitted from group training and playing squads.

There is now a subset of dickheads that think because United haven't decided to plaster Jadon's medical records on the front page of the tabloids they have carte blanche to criticize him and try and take some moral high ground because, "nothing official" has been said.

:houllier: I thought this forum had rules.

Sviken

I dont know what public statement people want. Ten Hag clearly said he is not physically or mentally fit to play for the club.
Ten Hag was also incredibly patient with Ronaldo's "issues" and look what happened with that. He won't throw his players under the bus despite being ruthless. If he figures Sancho is not cut out for this club, he ain't gonna tell us about it.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Christ we're still arguing over people not being sympathetic about an invented scenario with no factual basis.
With Sancho that's true but in Lingard's case, which has been brought up as well, that is not an invented scenario

romufc

Ten Hag was also incredibly patient with Ronaldo's "issues" and look what happened with that. He won't throw his players under the bus despite being ruthless. If he figures Sancho is not cut out for this club, he ain't gonna tell us about it.
I dont see any relevance to Ronaldo. He was patient with Ronaldo issues? You do realise its completely different?

Let me go through it to explain why its different:

1. Ronaldo's team came out with statement the day before we fly to pre season saying he wants to leave, then decided not to travel with the team for pre season. Ronaldo's decision.

2. Ronaldo went to Instagram to say he is playing a friendly, then decides himself he needs to leave the stadium at half time.

3. Ronaldo decided he is too good for the bench and walked down the tunnel, refusing to come on.

4. Ronaldo done an interview with Piers Morgan slating the manager.

Sancho started the season and if you go read Ten Hag's comments he was pleased with him in pre season.

Sancho was sent to Holland on Ten Hag's recommendation not Sancho's.

There are big big differences to Ronaldo and Sancho situation.

hobbers

In the end this is going to go down as another gigantic failure of the club to properly scout big money signings during the Woody era.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
You weren't just concerned, you told him to shut the feck up basically. It's fine if you disagree, but you have no right to tell anyone whether he has a right to criticize Sancho's pay or not.
You misunderstood. I'm saying he shouldn't be concerned with Sancho's salary. I absolutely do have to right to point out how weird and childish it is to count another man's pockets and that's what I did. He can take the advice or not.

And what is "the club" supposed to be? Some magical entity? Dude, I care if technically, literally, figuratively some unknown entity is paying Sancho his wages. I, who have spend money in regards to the club, have a right to criticize him and his contributions to the club. Just as I have the right to criticize the fecking Glazers themselves who own the club. I haven't seen you jumping on their defense as of yet and you can see my posts calling them a bunch of rats? Why is that? They are the owners themselves and apparently we don't have the right to criticize anyone in this club according to you.
I'm confused as to what this is even addressing. Using Sancho's salary to criticize him for his allowed absence is tasteless. Why? Because you don't pay his salary. Again, you are a spectator/customer/fan. That's it. You would look just as foolish if you used the salary of a waiter or grocer to criticize them. Has nothing to do with who you can or can't criticize.

Sviken

You misunderstood. I'm saying he shouldn't be concerned with Sancho's salary. I absolutely do have to right to point out how weird and childish it is to count another man's pockets and that's what I did. He can take the advice or not.

I'm confused as to what this is even addressing. Using Sancho's salary to criticize him for his allowed absence is tasteless. Why? Because you don't pay his salary. Again, you are a spectator/customer/fan. That's it. You would look just as foolish if you used the salary of a waiter or grocer to criticize them. Has nothing to do with who you can or can't criticize.
My point is - why is criticizing the Glazers for taking dividends out of the clubs a good thing but criticizing Sancho's pay and his service towards the club a bad thing? As for your waiter comparison, if I go to a high class restaurant and the waiter is quite frankly not good at his job, I'd indeed ask how the quality of the service can be so poor yet the cost of the service to be so high? I have the right to complain as, again, I am paying for said service.

BarryWinks

I see this thread bumped. I get excited. I open it to find the same shambles as the old thread.

Best to just lock this again. That way everyone keeps their peace until he's back and there's something to talk about again. Both sides are doing this tedious thing of trying to strongarm the other into conceding that they are wrong.

Damn!

NoPace

If we bring in a midfielder who can play as a #10 and #8 like Tielemans, my left-field prediction is that he will go on loan to PSV for the rest of the year and Pellistri will get his minutes. He's trained in the Netherlands, Fred Rutten is the assistant there and Ten Hag wanted to hire him as an assistant but he didn't want to leave the Netherlands, we have a good relationship with Ruud presumably, and they've just lost Gapko.

Last edited:

kaku06

He is dead right and the people he speaks about are worthy of all the ire. Absolute gowls.
Let me make myself clear i’m not in any camp. People have gone in extremes on both sides. I was just basically agreeing with Jippy on posters attacking the other side based on no factual information which is true and the poster you are talking about just proved it. I, myself have sympathised with Sancho in my previous post. So no, I’m not defending the “he earns 350k so he can’t have issues” brigade.

Womp

idiot
Let me make myself clear i’m not in any camp. People have gone in extremes on both sides. I was just basically agreeing with Jippy on posters attacking the other side based on no factual information which is true and the poster you are talking about just proved it. I, myself have sympathised with Sancho in my previous post. So no, I’m not defending the “he earns 350k so he can’t have issues” brigade.
I don't think we have any basis to really determine whether or not he is dealing with stuff and frankly, I don't believe it's any of our business anyway. That being said, what has irked me is the comments that if he was dealing with issues, he should just 'get on with it' etc. just because he earns a lot of money. It really is a bit tone deaf imo. I think some people really need to educate themselves on how debilitating mental health can be for some individuals, regardless of their personal circumstance. It's a horrid thing for some.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

The thread has repeatedly demonstrated how uninformed many people are on mental health issues, eg thinking wealthy folk and/or those with coveted jobs are somehow immune from them.
But it's also shown how quick people are to form their own narrative of what is happening -with very little basis in fact, however well-meaning- and leap on those they perceive unsympathetic to this invented scenario.
Then there are those who come in periodically, like yourself, and throw a load of insults round, trying to play the big man. The thread has been a real microcosm of human behavioural traits.

OmarUnited4ever

The thread has repeatedly demonstrated how uninformed many people are on mental health issues, eg thinking wealthy folk and/or those with coveted jobs are somehow immune from them.
But it's also show how quick people are to form their own narrative of what is happening -with very little basis in fact, however well-meaning- and leap on those they perceive unsympathetic to this invented scenario.
Then there are those who come in periodically, like yourself, and throw a load of insults round, trying to play the big man. The thread has been a real microcosm of human behavioural traits.
Agreed, and I think that is why @moses closed the other thread and locked Sancho's performances thread, the discussion has gone awry because of the part bolded, no one knows what's really going on with Sancho, so the continued discussion is kinda pointless really

kaku06

But it's also show how quick people are to their own narrative of what is happening -with very little basis in fact, however well-meaning- and leap on those they perceive unsympathetic to this invented scenario.
Couldn’t agree more.

b82REZ

The thread has been a real microcosm of human behavioural traits.
Not really.

It's just highlighted how uninformed and naive people are over mental health.

Even theoretically, the way people discuss Sancho and the potential he may be suffering with mental health issues highlights that far more work needs to be done educating masses to the issues many people, including the rich and famous face.

Hiding behind, "we know nothing officially" is a weak argument and deserves to be called out and ridiculed. There has been some galling statements made by a number of posters.