SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Nah they will introduce or maintain protocol of international arrivals having to quarantine for 14 days before being let in. China will see this done and dusted within a month.

I think they probably have infected within that have not been isolated.

Moiraine

Schools closed in entire Norway from Monday...
Why the feck wait for monday ars3 holes.

Fully Fledged

The thing is, there were no known Corona cases within 20 km of where I am. This is the first (known) case in the city. Just bad luck I suppose. Didn't talk to him, touch him or use any of the equipment they were using though and he wasn't coughing or showing any symptoms so hopefully I'll be alright.
He should be self isolating.

Moiraine

If the entire world goes to self quarantine for 2-3 weeks, This fecking thing will be over...

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Schools closed in entire Norway from Monday...
Why the feck wait for monday ars3 holes.
Probably because it will give families time to prepare cover.
Do people not realise the mass disruption closing schools will cause, 6 and 7 year olds can’t just look after themselves. Things need to be planned

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Someone just posted om facebook, that om Shanghai everything is back to normal.
Even as naive as i am, i highly doubt it.
Wish people could be more careful with what they share online.
344 cases among 24 million people, 321 recovered, 3 dead.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This isn't as straightforward as it sounds. Now I'm starting to doubt the people who say they've recovered and been released into the general population.

Against the new disease, we have none of this. This coronavirus is unknown to our species. Once it breaks into one of our cells, the extent of its spread through the body seems to vary significantly. The experience can slowly progress from the familiar—cough, congestion, fever—to a life-threatening inflammatory response as the virus spreads down into the lungs, filling the airways with fluid. Survivors can have permanent scarring in the lungs. The virus can also spread into other organs, causing liver damage or gastrointestinal disease. These effects can play out over longer periods than in the flu, sometimes waxing and waning. Some patients have begun to feel better, then fallen critically ill. The disease can be fatal despite receiving optimal medical care.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/where-do-you-go-if-you-get-coronavirus/607759/

Shark

@NotShark
Unfortunately it won’t and it’s not realistic.
What’s scaring me shitless right now is if this is only the beginning, as in it affecting the elderly mostly. Will it become more deadly over time, the longer it’s allowed to linger.

b82REZ

I think the government are coming to terms with a two stage infection. Minismise the economic impact by imposing quarantine soon and then expect a spike again in the summer when the NHS is better suited for a large influx of patients.

I expect an announcement for school closures and public gathers to take effect from Monday for a minimum of 14 days. I think the government originally planned to have the quarantine period to lead into the Easter break but the exponential growth has forced them to bring their plans forward by a week.

Red_toad

If the entire world goes to self quarantine for 2-3 weeks, This fecking thing will be over...
No it won’t. How would everyone survive with no income and somehow having enough food in their homes? How do those who are ill seek medical intervention?

Sara125

Guys, I’m actually scared.

When you look at other countries who have closed every non essential institution including schools and workplaces, and even shut down transport, you realise the UK really isn’t doing enough.

I had a dry cough the other day (I still kind of do) so I called 111 and they basically told me that because I haven’t travelled anywhere in the last 14 days or come into contact with anyone who has a confirmed case it’s nothing to worry about. I feel like it’ll be too late before the government become proactive. I’m especially scared for my parents who are both over 60 with one of them working in A&E :nervous:

What’s scaring me shitless right now is if this is only the beginning, as in it affecting the elderly mostly. Will it become more deadly over time, the longer it’s allowed to linger.
Usually its the opposite, viruses get weaker over time. The second wind of the Spanish flu was far more deadly than the first but thankfully it was too deadly and burned itself out very quickly.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits

When you look at other countries who have closed every non essential institution including schools and workplaces, and even shut down transport, you realise the UK really isn’t doing enough.

I had a dry cough the other day (I still kind of do) so I called 111 and they basically told me that because I haven’t travelled anywhere in the last 14 days or come into contact with anyone who has a confirmed case it’s nothing to worry about. I feel like it’ll be too late before the government become proactive. I’m especially scared for my parents who are both over 60 with one of them working in A&E :nervous:
Yes, it is scary - no way round that I'm afraid. Not a lot we can do but stay at home away from other people and ride it out the best we can.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

The best thing you can do is improve your health. Fruits, veg, water, vitamins etc. Start preparing for the worst and hope it doesn't evee arrive.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

That policy has changed, as of yesterday. You should call 111 again. Check your temperature first though.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm not expecting much from this delay phase. It will be more of the same "keep washing your hands" with a note that cancelling and suspending of non-essential public events will not be enforced as a blanket restriction but reviewed on a case by case basis with the guidance of the organisers.

Shark

@NotShark
I’ve a driving lesson in around an hour and wondering if I should cancel considering I’ve no idea who was in that car beforehand. The one death in Ireland so far has occurred near my neck of the woods

Dante

Average bang
From the BBC live feed:

Pretty remarkable effort by China. Also, suggests that mass lockdown/quarantine can be effective so hopefully Italy sees a similar decrease.
It'll peak again when the quarantine ends. Previously uninfected people will travel abroad and bring the disease back.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Work has invited me to a group session with an outside group next week. I'm thinking feck that.

Am I overreacting, or should I bring it up as a concern?
Whoever suggested that is brain dead. Tell them to feck off.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Same with me in ways. I have suddenly got a cold and have not had a cold in ages.

They interviewed a guy on sky news who said the first stage is you get a cold, then that clears up, then you get the flu and it can tail off from there in a number of directions.