SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I told work I had Covid and both my managers were like "yeah we've got it too".
Same. My boss came down with it the day before me. We both work online.

Headaches not so bad now, it's just the fatigue. Really have to drag myself out of bed and feel like I could sleep in all day but not sure I should.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Headaches not so bad now, it's just the fatigue. Really have to drag myself out of bed and feel like I could sleep in all day but not sure I should.
Worst bit for me has been my sinuses. You know when your nose feels so clear that it almost hurts? Feels like that all up around my eyes and head so I've struggled to really work or play games when I want to relax. I can't really do anything at the moment :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Worst bit for me has been my sinuses. You know when your nose feels so clear that it almost hurts? Feels like that all up around my eyes and head so I've struggled to really work or play games when I want to relax. I can't really do anything at the moment :lol:
Yeah I had that for a couple of days but nothing now. Same days I had a cough and my nose would start randomly running. I would still describe it as a mild version of the flu, which I've had twice in my life but no night sweats and fever with this. You can definitely tell it's different though because the breathing thing like you said is totally new. I keep getting chest pain intermittently and constantly feel the need to take really deep breaths. Head is constantly foggy.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I had that for a couple of days but nothing now. Same days I had a cough and my nose would start randomly running. I would still describe it as a mild version of the flu, which I've had twice in my life but no night sweats and fever with this. You can definitely tell it's different though because the breathing thing like you said is totally new. I keep getting chest pain intermittently and constantly feel the need to take really deep breaths. Head is constantly foggy.
Yeah it's definitely a weird one. I have had symptoms come and go in a matter of hours.

Got a sudden sharp burst of pain down the right side of my stomach earlier but at this point I can't tell what is Covid and what isn't.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Simple answer is "you should" - there's no advantage to pushing yourself at this stage. That said, bed may not be the best place if you've got a comfy sofa near the kitchen. It's important to keep your fluid intake up and to eat something when you can - dehydration is one of the things that puts people in hospital.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Tested again today and the line is incredibly faint. Hopefully gone by tomorrow.

Robertd0803

All of us have got it now in our house. Feeling slightly better today than yesterday, yesterday and Sunday were brutal.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I have been positive as feck since last Wednesday and no signs of it abating. Feel like shite today. Very thick positive line for past 3 days and feeling extra shit.

Every day since Friday I have woken up feeling awful and went to bed feeling like I'm nearly over it. Every morning the symptoms have been more, and worse :(.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Don't hold your breath mine has been faint for days now, didn't even start off thick! :(
Yeh by like day 4 since a positive PCR (tested positive on a LFT a day before that and probably would’ve tested positive for a couple days prior) I was thrilled to get a faint line on my final LFT I had left but I wouldn’t get a negative PCR test until 4 days later on day 8. Even then my nose was very dry and I purposely didn't blow it before the test hoping to sneak a negative. Most likely between the day I actually caught it and got a negative PCR was about 16 days.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I have been positive as feck since last Wednesday and no signs of it abating. Feel like shite today. Very thick positive line for past 3 days and feeling extra shit.

Every day since Friday I have woken up feeling awful and went to bed feeling like I'm nearly over it. Every morning the symptoms have been more, and worse :(.
3 Js in the the past hour. Best thing I did was start this shit.
I have a theory about why you’re feeling so sluggish…

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
That’s a pity. Wasn’t sure whether to be appalled or impressed by your devotion to the herb.
Smoking with one functioning alveolus would be a bold decision. Luckily, United aren't playing so there's been no need to try and calm myself down :lol:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
It blows my mind in this day and age, with the scientific studies available to us now, that people still think masks don't work.

The work, they have worked, and the continue to work. For centuries in medical settings.

I find it so weird that people were hoodwinked into dying on this hill.

Loon

:lol:
After posting here earlier today, I got home from work with a sore throat and headache and my antigen test is positive. FFS

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Hi everyone.
I had two Pfizer shots (November 2021), and planning to take the 3rd shot. What vaccine booster would be the best for me?
I saw a table a few weeks ago about vaccine boosters. It said AZ 5x effective, Pfizer 8x and Moderna 11x, but I
am not sure if that's legit or not.

choccy77

Tested positive officially today for Covid.

Had a really bad night.

Had cold like symptoms since Tuesday.. sore throat runny nose, then yesterday felt tired and coughing more... about 8pm last night slight hot fever turned into a frozen fever.... I was shaking literally for 2 hours and had put tons of clothes on and still frozen.

About 11pm suddenly felt on fire... and had awful night.

Took test this morning and was positive.

Feel awful.

choccy77

Does anyone know if having a sore throat for 5 days straight normal?

I have other symptoms still, but this sore throat is a real killer

choccy77

My daughter had “worst sore throat ever” for a week.

I feel for her.

The sore throat is one of the real killers.

I can deal with the chest and cough, sneezing etc but not the throat.

Also been having dizzy spells.

Had to go post my PCR test and crossing the road was interesting as everything seemed to be out of perspective so I was guessing where cars were due to being dizzy.

Thankfully survived not getting run over.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I feel for her.

The sore throat is one of the real killers.

I can deal with the chest and cough, sneezing etc but not the throat.

Also been having dizzy spells.

Had to go post my PCR test and crossing the road was interesting as everything seemed to be out of perspective so I was guessing where cars were due to being dizzy.

Thankfully survived not getting run over.
Damn, that sounds bad. Good luck!
Im Convinced that’s had it over the last few weeks, cough, runny nose, sore heads, sore bones, diarrhea & tiredness. But nothing extreme thankfully.
My 9 year old tested positive this week and despite my 6 year old having symptoms and vomiting he’s tested negative. The wife and I have also continually tested negative. So either we’ve had it already with those symptoms or it’s going to change to positive within days

choccy77

Damn, that sounds bad. Good luck!
Im Convinced that’s had it over the last few weeks, cough, runny nose, sore heads, sore bones, diarrhea & tiredness. But nothing extreme thankfully.
My 9 year old tested positive this week and despite my 6 year old having symptoms and vomiting he’s tested negative. The wife and I have also continually tested negative. So either we’ve had it already with those symptoms or it’s going to change to positive within days
Apparently it's likely to be this new BA.2 Variant

Nico87

Tested positive today. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but I am triple jabbed. Just have a dry throat and snotty nose

Tibs

Got Covid for the first time. Double jabbed.

Rang in sick to work on friday as I didn't feel well...aching body mainly and a bit of a cough...didn't even think I had Covid as it just felt like a cold. That night I had a mad fever in the night...but had the day off and stayed in, so didn't do a test.

Feeling a lot better today, but though let's do a test...POSITIVE. Not sure if it means anything but the lines thick as feck on the test....had some work that I really needed to get done by Wednesday that does involve me leaving the house.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Finally tested positive on Monday, positive line in seconds. Fever, and aches. Still had a slight positive today but feel fine. Was like a rapid bad cold for me. Lots of congestion.

mitChley

Finally tested positive on Monday, positive line in seconds. Fever, and aches. Still had a slight positive today but feel fine. Was like a rapid bad cold for me. Lots of congestion.
I found when I was positive it came up nearly instantly too, I had always thought it would be 30mins till you could tell but that little fecker appeared so quick :lol: