SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
And is it unfactual as well that bill Gates is the majority stakeholder of the Pirbright Institute that was granted a patent on a ‘Corona virus’ in 2018?

Anyway, i think this is enough for today.

Be safe!
A research institute was researching viruses, shocker.

Piss off now.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
And is it unfactual as well that bill Gates is the majority stakeholder of the Pirbright Institute that was granted a patent on a ‘Corona virus’ in 2018?

Be safe!

Be safe!
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN20W2FB

Yes that is also fake.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Need to take a break from this. Frazzled my fecking brain by following it non-stop over the weekend and today.

Off tomorrow, just gonna play videogames all day.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Any of you guys think it's possible for the UK government to fudge the death numbers and hide a lot of deaths from official stats like a lot of other countries do?

I really don't trust the confirmed cases number anymore since Boris is leaving a lot of cases untested, so the death number i think is the best way to judge disease progression now.
Nah. Death coding is pretty standardised across most of the developed world. Research shows coding is pretty reliable on review.

I don’t see that happening in the UK. People would suss a cover up pretty quickly and it would have to be massive political conspiracy for that to happen.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
A wide scale antibody test in Wuhan would be quite useful to know, how many people really got infected in Wuhan compared to the reported numbers. It would help improve the modelling, they're trying to do now.
I think they haven't developed a reliable test yet, but it will be crucial.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Your link actually confirms what i said, the link states

‘The Pirbright Institute has a patent for a type of coronavirus affecting animals (primarily chickens). I said a coronavirus i did NOT say THIS specific Corona virus.

Your link also says:

‘The Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation did fund a research center in England called the Pirbright Institute’

So i actually was NOT lying.

Enough for today!

They don't speak to the people on the fecking NHS floor. They make arbitrary statements from their ivory tower.

Also, with regards the points I've bolded, and how the WHO have mentioned that the UK were going about it wrong. Now they've been proved right, I'm curious to hear why you think they're a waste of space?
Of course they dont. They pool advice from the heads of hospital trusts who in turn go down the chain themselves. Do you expect them to take a straw poll from random doctors?

The WHO are a waste of space because if they hadnt been so toothless in the beginning a lot of countries wouldn't be in the situation they are in now. Their reputation will be permanently tarnished by this and rightly so.

Revan

Assumptionman
I didn’t say the document didn’t “exsist”
Just give up dude. Ignore button exists for some reason.

Anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists are annoying at the best of times, at the worst of times, they are simply unsufferable. Trying to have a chat with one is like repeatedly crashing your head against the wall.

0le

Anti-vaxxers are the first people to hoard toilet roll because most of what comes out of them is shit.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Another thing I want to know is the range of symptoms in cases. What percent get severe symptoms, how many less severe. What;s the mildest symptoms displayed by a carrier?
I believe 7-10% need hospitalization and of those 5% need an ICU bed. Figures are very fluid and Pogue found a paper that suggested ICU needs were much higher but I think (hope) that 0.35% needing an ICU bed is close.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Feck. A close mate of mine is in Cusco, Peru at the moment. Last time she messaged me was Friday. Since heard of an unrelated friend of a friend there who's trapped inside a fully booked hostel. Police and military out in the streets. They've been told there's enough food and drink for 14 days and after that they don't know. Apparently they've been randomly arresting Europeans, including pulling them out of the hostel. British Embassy is closed and phone call to Foreign and Commonwealth Office got cut off after 2 hours of no answer. Don't know where my mate is at currently. Scary as feck.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Of course they dont. They pool advice from the heads of hospital trusts who in turn go down the chain themselves. Do you expect them to take a straw poll from random doctors?

The WHO are a waste of space because if they hadnt been so toothless in the beginning a lot of countries wouldn't be in the situation they are in now. Their reputation will be permanently tarnished by this and rightly so.
Exactly, except they haven't gone down the chains appropriately and garnered the salient information...the outcome? Absolutely shite advice which leaves us in the state we're in now. Any critical care/ICU/anaesthetist worth their weight could have told them there weren't enough ICU beds, but to misrepresent this by double? Jesus.

The Government have fecked this up royally...they're trying to save face with a significant U-turn without actually saying sorry for getting it so wrong. You can't lay all the blame on the WHO for stubborn governments trying to do their own thing. You have to admit from the start, the UK's approach has been at odds with many nearby countries.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Feck. A close mate of mine is in Cusco, Peru at the moment. Last time she messaged me was Friday. Since heard of an unrelated friend of a friend there who's trapped inside a fully booked hostel. Police and military out in the streets. They've been told there's enough food and drink for 14 days and after that they don't know. Apparently they've been randomly arresting Europeans, including pulling them out of the hostel. British Embassy is closed and phone call to Foreign and Commonwealth Office got cut off after 2 hours of no answer. Don't know where my mate is at currently. Scary as feck.
Oh man. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your mate is okay and you hear from him soon. Messed up thing about this is how much shit can be going on around the world that will hardly or never see the light of day because of the attention being elsewhere.

0le

Exactly, except they haven't gone down the chains appropriately and garnered the salient information...the outcome? Absolutely shite advice which leaves us in the state we're in now. Any critical care/ICU/anaesthetist worth their weight could have told them there weren't enough ICU beds, but to misrepresent this by double? Jesus.

The Government have fecked this up royally...they're trying to save face with a significant U-turn without actually saying sorry for getting it so wrong. You can't lay all the blame on the WHO for stubborn governments trying to do their own thing. You have to admit from the start, the UK's approach has been at odds with many nearby countries.
If this is the case, isn't the issue then not the government but the NHS management who have alledgedly not passed on the correct information because they have not managed to speak to frontline staff effectively?

Utdstar01

Except they aren't going to save much face. Instead, many more people are probably going to die because of their stupidity.

Revaulx

Our live BBC broadcast is going ahead on Wednesday afternoon, with no congregation allowed in. All choir activities suspended indefinitely thereafter.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
If this is the case, isn't the issue then not the government but the NHS management who have alledgedly not passed on the correct information because they have not managed to speak to frontline staff effectively?
NHS management has always been awful. I would lay blame on both: 1) the management for, as usual, terrible communication. 2) the Government for their treatment of the NHS and refusal to even acknowledge the WHO before now. Also the seemingly complete lack of any plan for a pandemic. It's quite clear from the information we've been receiving from the Scottish Government that nobody has ever thought this could ever happen. Even after SARS, MERS, Swine flu etc.

Tarrou

conspiracy theory people often try to shut down a discussion with "enough for today" or such when people start bringing logic and facts into the debate

how much cognitive dissonance do you need to keep believing your shit when every time someone tries to actually debate you on it you run for the hills

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Oh man. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your mate is okay and you hear from him soon. Messed up thing about this is how much shit can be going on around the world that will hardly or never see the light of day because of the attention being elsewhere.
Thanks. I know she was going to some retreat in the middle of nowhere but don't know when exactly. She could be there now. I don't know if that's better or worse.

Josep Dowling

We were in a similar boat but were lucky to get out of Europe. UK still seem way too calm about this compared to the entire world. The public will get a rude awakening in the next two weeks. Can see riots in London whilst idiots shoplift supplies. It’s going to get messy and moaning on FB about the lack of toilet roll will be the least of their worries.

0le

It's quite clear from the information we've been receiving from the Scottish Government that nobody has ever thought this could ever happen. Even after SARS, MERS, Swine flu etc.
Sadly I think you can say this about many countries. In a perverse way, we are "lucky" that this strain isn't as bad as it could have been (with fairly low mortality rates). One has to hope that we learn from this and be better prepared in the future if and when something similar happens again - particularly if new strains are deadlier.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We were in a similar boat but were lucky to get out of Europe. UK still seem way too calm about this compared to the entire world. The public will get a rude awakening in the next two weeks. Can see riots in London whilst idiots shoplift supplies. It’s going to get messy and moaning on FB about the lack of toilet roll will be the least of their worries.
Oh Christ yeah. Didn't even think about rioting. Will only take a group of idiots to start something potentially big.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
I can get them somewhere to stay for the duration with food. Cusco, Lima or Arequita. A few different women in their 40's or 50's. They actually offered this on our page.
PM me if you want me to ask.

0le

Oh Christ yeah. Didn't even think about rioting. Will only take a group of idiots to start something potentially big.
Its been clear in my mind for some time. I still remember the London riots and I was quite scared back then. I can't remember if the army was deployed back then (don't think so) but I think it is very likely that the army will be deployed at some point to try to prevent this from happening.