SARS CoV-2 coronavirus / Covid-19 (No tin foil hat silliness please)

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I kind of wish there was a mandatory lockdown. Whilst I’m wfh my wife is still having to go into work so it kind of makes any real “isolation” attempt by me null and void.
But you yourself are not helping the spread

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Seen a tweet that states that Korea have finished developing 10 minute diagnostic kits and plan to export 300,000 a week.

rotherham_red

Tedros is the biggest clown in history. We are so, so far past the point of contact tracing. That shit was relevant in February. Unless this is an old quote.
Didn't know it was you who was responsible for ensuring the reduction and almost entire eradication of Ebola in West Africa...

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
WHO: "Lockdowns don't beat the virus. There needs to be more focus on identifying the infected and mapping their social contacts."
I assume this is meant in the sense that lockdowns alone are not enough and contact tracing is a necessary additional measure?

Tarrou

I saw that now.
Still, I will assume that there is a conspiracy that this virus was artificially created to reduce the number of humans by means of killing them off.
Most definitely, the conspiracies will go into overdrive when this properly kicks off in the US too

I've got a mate who loves a good conspiracy, the other day he was saying he was certain this was a conspiracy but he hadn't quite figured out by who or what the motivation was yet

the doss cnut

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I assume this is meant in the sense that lockdowns alone are not enough and contact tracing is a necessary additional measure?
Correct.

Essentially they're saying what they've been saying all along, which is that a comprehensive approach is needed. Social distancing, quarantine, testing, contact tracing. Not one or a selection of those measures but all of them.

So when they say lockdown won't beat the virus they mean lockdown alone. It's just one part of a battery of measures that are required.

Virgil

In the UK Caravan Club sites are now closed to 30th June and Camping and Caravan sites closed until further notice. Living as I do on the coast not before time as the number of folk still going on holiday was ridiculous.

Also heart warming that as of this morning over 5600 former nursing staff had applied to join the temporary register. To them my gratitude.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

Fellani has been tested positive and was holidaying in the Maldives this month last week. Now they are trying to find out who has been in contact with him in the Maldives.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Fellani has been tested positive and was holidaying in the Maldives this month last week. Now they are trying to find out who has been in contact with him in the Maldives.
If he’s been tested positive now, surely he couldn’t have had it a month ago too.

How long does it stay with you or in you before you show a symptom? I thought it was four days

Fosu-Mens

Most definitely, the conspiracies will go into overdrive when this properly kicks off in the US too

I've got a mate who loves a good conspiracy, the other day he was saying he was certain this was a conspiracy but he hadn't quite figured out by who or what the motivation was yet

the doss cnut
How long until some flat-earthers are saying that this the virus was made by bidet manufacturers to show the problem with relying on toilet paper being available?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The amount of idiots who are continuing to find ways to congregate is getting irritating now.

Spain has an overwhelming number of cases? That's fine, go on holiday to Spain. Travel ban? That's fine, just go to the pub. Pubs closed? That's fine, just go to the beach or community park.

These people are like toddlers who keep trying to walk up to an burning stove no matter how many times you move them away from it.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Good luck!

How many patients do you think your hospital can manage before it starts to get overwhelmed?
Probably about 30 intubated patients and about 50 beds for others. But if it’s overwhelmed then we’ll just have to put them where we can. The preparation is assuring and I’m confident with the team we have. Even if there’s not much happening at the moment I feel it’s the calm before the storm.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The amount of idiots who are continuing to find ways to congregate is getting irritating now.

Spain has an overwhelming number of cases? That's fine, go on holiday to Spain. Travel ban? That's fine, just go to the pub. Pubs closed? That's fine, just go to the beach or community park.

These people are like toddlers who keep trying to walk up to an burning stove no matter how many times you move them away from it.
Everyone banned from going outside? That's fine, just dig a tunnel to your friends house.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not saying I buy the whole religious angle but could this be an opportunistic time to implement their goals?

What I'm really asking is; are there any verifiable links between this:

http://news.mit.edu/2019/storing-vaccine-history-skin-1218

and this:

https://id2020.org

...or is it all conspiracy bollocks?
I deleted my post re: ID2020 because I don't think it's worth that nonsense in here.

Thread title says no tinfoil hate silliness peeps.

Foxbatt

If he’s been tested positive now, surely he couldn’t have had it a month ago too.

How long does it stay with you or in you before you show a symptom? I thought it was four days
He was in the Maldives for a week. So he could have it before he came most probably. It's about 10 to 14 days you get the symptoms. They are also trying to find out who was in close proximity with him in the resort and would either quarantine the people or test them if they show any symptoms. I think they checked him in China because he came from abroad.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That'll be the next thing, and you just know it. Maybe not tunnels but hot air balloons or something...
Not trying to escape quarantine by turning your home into an Up-style flying balloon house would be letting the virus/gravity win.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Spain already at nearly 400 deaths today, they will be getting 1,000 a day before long. This is getting well out of control.

Drawfull

Spain already at nearly 400 deaths today, they will be getting 1,000 a day before long. This is getting well out of control.
We're about to extend the lockdown for another two weeks until the 12th April. I expect that in that time, the restrictions will become significantly more severe.

Despite the horrific numbers coming out of Italy, in percentage terms the growth does appear to be slowing (I haven't seen today's numbers).

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Any idea what the percentages are per age demographic? Germany has hardly any deaths whilst having loads of cases.

Fergies Gum

Hearing that people have been forcing their way into supermarkets during the hours that were only reserved for elderly customers and NHS staff. Its beyond a joke now and got to the stage where the army should be deployed to stores.

Spain and the US are in huge trouble. Both already adding as many new daily cases as Italy despite having half the total.

The US is explainable because they've only just started testing properly but Spain :houllier:

Sweet Square

Regarding that Sunday Times Cummings story.

The hysteria people have around Cummings is really something else. They view him as some sort machiavellian Bond villain, where as the reality being he is a late 40's shit poster who got lucky.